Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Would Jesus Do About Gun Control

epicdarkness

I am curious to hear what Jesus would do about gun control, welfare,racism and illegal immigration. I myself am an atheist so I will not be commenting, but wish to hear the responses of believers out there.

• Like 1

"Verily I say unto thee, lest a man carry the rifle of assaults he shall not enter unto the kingdom of heaven"

Seems pretty clear to me :gun:

• Like 3

What would Jesus do about gun control? What would Jesus do about GM's recalls for faulty vehicle ignition switches? What would Jesus do about genetically-modified foodstuffs? What would Jesus do about the preservation of a portion of the Pacific Ocean for environmental conservation? What would Jesus do about the ascendancy of the ISIL (ISIA)? I can only suggest that Jesus would be on the side of justice, and we all know what a rare item that thing is. . . You'll find arguments wherever you look for them, and especially where you don't.

Edited by DeWitz
  • Like 3

What would Jesus do about gun control? What would Jesus do about GM's recalls for faulty vehicle ignition switches? What would Jesus do about genetically-modified foodstuffs? What would Jesus do about the preservation of a portion of the Pacific Ocean for environmental conservation? What would Jesus do about the ascendancy of the ISIL (ISIA)? I can only suggest that Jesus would be on the side of justice, and we all know what a rare item that thing is. . . You'll find arguments wherever you look for them, and especially where you don't.

I have to reply to this because DeWitz has exactly one more post than I do.

• Like 2

Oh, he says that's commie nonsense.

Then he flew to the moon and straightened the 'Merican flag.

• Like 2

As close as I can tell the only place he came close was in admonishing Peter that those who live by the sword would die by it. Nothing inherently evil about having a tool to protect one's life and family.

I have to reply to this because DeWitz has exactly one more post than I do.

What would Jesus say?

• Like 1

Regarding gun control: Jesus states in Matthew 26:52 “For all who take the sword will perish by the sword.” This passage comes after the ear of a servant of the high priest was cut off by one of those who were with Jesus in Gethsemane. It refers to an egregious act done by the sword not the ownership of the sword per se. There is no mention of Jesus prohibiting sword ownership, so we can safely assume ownership is fine. However, it is the control that is in question isn’t it? Jesus, by the passage in Matthew 26, clearly believes that one should control the use so that not to use it to hurt others. Furthermore, in Matthew 12:31 Jesus states that there is no commandment greater than: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” If we assume a gun owner holds to this command, then control of the gun is likely therefore ownership shouldn’t be a problem.

Regarding welfare: in Acts 6 we find that a complaint by the Greek-speaking Jews arose against the Hebrews because their widows were being neglected in the daily distribution (i.e., welfare). The early Christians did not ignore the complaint, rather the apostles appointed seven men to oversee this duty.

Regarding racism: Jesus states in Matthew 12:31 “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Regarding illegal immigration: see Matthew 12:31

There's probably more citation in the Bible that would confirm what I wrote, however this is the best I could do off the top of my head.

• Like 4

I am curious to hear what Jesus would do about gun control, welfare,racism and illegal immigration. I myself am an atheist so I will not be commenting, but wish to hear the responses of believers out there.

Your question hits right at the root as to why I am so opposed to religion. Where else do so many feel the need to consult the opinion of a man who lived (maybe) 2,000+ years ago to solve modern day problems?

It would be like receiving a cancer diagnosis from your physician and then him/her turning around and consulting the Ebers Papyrus to determine a course of treatment.

• Like 1

I think he'd be either fascinated or scared by the existence of guns.

He'd say it's not a matter who control the guns, but it's a matter how do you use them

Edited by FlyingAngel

Probably die, if he tried to take a Texan's gun away from him.

• Like 1

Greetings,

With the exception of racism, each of the questions seem to be in reference to what a government does. To that end, He would do nothing that I can see. As to racism God has spoken and man was created in His image. Racism is an accusation against the creator and not very wise.

Hope this helps.

Regards

JimmyK

my take is that Jesus wouldn't Do anything about those things, because those things are of this world, and he was all about righteousness and souls and everlastingness.

I don't think he would do anything about gun control. But I think he would be preaching to the criminals that use them and praying that they repent of their sins and ask for forgiveness. Jesus would probably have a thriving prison ministry team.

As far as welfare, he would probably be pointing fingers at the churches that have multimillion dollar churches, and spend millions on broadcasting and preacher's salaries instead of feeding the poor. He would also remind them that SLOTH is one of the 7 deadly sins and tell them to get off their A$$ and get a job.

Racism is a tough one because I don't recall much being said about slavery in his time although it was wide spread. I would ask him about slavery if I had the chance. I would also ask him about gladiators and the use of sacrificing people in the Colosseums for entertainment.

He'd probably do what he's always done: let us figure it out, or not, and pay the consequences and learn the lessons.

• Like 1

Pretty sure he would be for imigration and equal rights for everyone. Against Racism. For welfair. And he would be for hunting for food, against sport hunting. But wouldent have a gun, because he's an vegetarian

my take is that Jesus wouldn't Do anything about those things, because those things are of this world, and he was all about righteousness and souls and everlastingness.

That's a very evasive and irresponsible answer. If so, why did Jesus even bother to come down to Earth? :D

He'd probably learn to use one, wizards sometimes run out of spells. :P

Considering Jesus had an assassin (Judas) and a terrorist (a Zealot) as his disciples...I bet Jesus would want to pack some serious heat.

Considering Jesus had an assassin (Judas) and a terrorist (a Zealot) as his disciples...I bet Jesus would want to pack some serious heat.

No, he would die for you. Literaly trade his life for yours. Simply because he knows about eternal spirit And you don't. And he loves you :)

He was always telling his guys to stand down, I got this!

Edited by Omnaka
  • Like 1

The same thing he did for everything else even hell or heaven. He would let want you to make up your own mind while being informed.

Racism was probably a no go for Jesus, but immigration is out of context with modern societies.