Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flight 93 was shot down

Thanato

"DONALD RUMSFELD, SECRETARY OF DEFENSE: And to change that way of living, would strike at the very essence of our country.

And I think all of us have a sense if we imagine the kind of world we would face if the people who bombed the mess hall in Mosul, or the people who did the bombing in Spain, or the people who attacked the United States in New York, shot down the plane over Pennsylvania and attacked the Pentagon, the people who cut off peoples' heads on television to intimidate, to frighten -- indeed the word "terrorized" is just that. Its purpose is to terrorize, to alter behavior, to make people be something other than that which they want to be.""

Its near the bottem of the transcript

CNN.com

~Thanato

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarabull

• morpheas

• Bizeebutt

• Death-Wuad

Please pardon a re-post from another thread.

Those of you still in denial might try putting this in your little pipe and biting down:

As much as I will regret getting back into the Conspiracy arena, let me ask: How is what Rumsfeld said not referring specifically to the terrorists?

Here's what Rumsfeld said Friday: "I think all of us have a sense if we imagine the kind of world we would face if the people who bombed the mess hall in Mosul, or the people who did the bombing in Spain, or the people who attacked the United States in New York, shot down the plane over Pennsylvania and attacked the Pentagon, the people who cut off peoples' heads on television to intimidate, to frighten – indeed the word 'terrorized' is just that. Its purpose is to terrorize, to alter behavior, to make people be something other than that which they want to be."

It seems pretty clear that he is referring to terrorists. True, they 'brought' down the plane, not 'shot' it down, but it doesn't seem like too difficult a slip of the tongue to make, particularly in the situation in which the speech was being given.

This makes no sense whatsoever. It's a Freudian slip. Nothing more.

If he's saying that the terrorists shot down the plane over Pennsylvania, then that would make the terrorists pretty stupid, wouldn't it?

Because after all, the plane was supposed to be heading to Washington to attack a target there. That was already confirmed. So why in the hell would the terrorists target their own hijacked aircraft before it got to its target?

The only other explanation as to what he's meaning is that U.S. military aircraft shot down the airplane.

And if that's the case then THAT WAS THE PLAN IN THE FIRST PLACE! They even said as much! They said that if there were another plane headed for Washington, that military aircraft were INSTRUCTED to shoot it down.

So I don't see where you're going with this.

If we shot down the plane in Pennsylvania, if there was a plane at all, then it proves that they've been lying all along. Don't you guys remember that audio tape released by the Pentagon a few months ago that was supposedly the voice of the hijacker saying he was going to crash the plane into the ground? They're just a bunch of totalitarians with the resources to make it happen.

Edited by Death-Wuad

People havent thought this true... if the US shot down the plane, then that hurts the conspiracy theory that the US was behing 9/11. It hurts it more than it helps.

If we shot down the plane in Pennsylvania, if there was a plane at all, then it proves that they've been lying all along.

About the plane, yes. Honestly though, wouldnt you lie? Theres just been a national tragedy, and you've shot down a plane full of civilians which was hijaked inorder to protect many more. After retrieving the black box, you found out that the passengers were overthrowing the hijakers at the time too. I would lie and make the passengers out to be heros too.

They said that there were huge mishaps on that day, preventing them from shooting down the hijacked planes. Lies, lies, and more lies. They have something to hide, and "we the people" deserve to know what they are hiding.

Do you know what's crazy?

Even if they were lying, and they actually came out and told the truth about everything.....

I'd bet everything I own...and will ever own..... that you'd be right back here saying they were still hiding something.

Of course they're hideing something; but not Mr. Rumsfeild; He' just following orders.

Do you know what's crazy?

Even if they were lying, and they actually came out and told the truth about everything.....

I'd bet everything I own...and will ever own.....  that you'd be right back here saying they were still hiding something.

425173[/snapback]

Come out about what? Engineering 9/11 or shooting down the planes? If they came out and said that they engineered 9/11, then yes, I would probably say they are still hiding things. If they came out and said that they shot down the planes, then yes, I would still say they have something to hide as it proves they have the capability and motive of creating a mass deception.

Listen, if they planned 9/11, then how come they shot down their own plane?

Come out about what? Engineering 9/11 or shooting down the planes? If they came out and said that they engineered 9/11, then yes, I would probably say they are still hiding things. If they came out and said that they shot down the planes, then yes, I would still say they have something to hide as it proves they have the capability and motive of creating a mass deception.

425531[/snapback]

So, what exactly could the government say that you would believe?

his makes no sense whatsoever. It's a Freudian slip. Nothing more.

yay for mr psychologist

freud isn't exactly the best theorist out there:)

regardless its more than obvious he's refering to what the terrorists did

"or the people who attacked the United States in New York, shot down the plane over Pennsylvania"

he's not saying "or the people who attacked the United States in New York, or forced us to shoot down the plan over pennsylvania"

This "revelation" only shows that the US was considering the possible death toll, vs. something that they can control. They shot down a civilian plane in order to prevent which ever building was it starget from adding to the death toll.

Hmmm... shoot down a plane that was going to have "x" amount of casulaties, or let it hit its target and have "x + y" amount casulaties. Seems like a good move to me.

I guess politicans are not allowed a slip of the tounge like the rest of humaninty.

Did the plane get shot down by us or the terrorists? A plan that failed and had to be intercepted?

As long as there are good people like us talking about these sort of things the USA and the world is safe! At least while we are talking! yes.gif Failure to wonder and speak could be the death of us all! yes.gif

Did the plane get shot down by us or the terrorists? A  plan that failed and had to be intercepted?

As long as there are good people like us talking about these sort of things the USA and the world is safe! At least while we are talking! yes.gif  Failure to wonder and speak could be the death of us all!  yes.gif

426398[/snapback]

your avatar is quite unusual. it commands me to do naughty things....

Did the plane get shot down by us or the terrorists? A  plan that failed and had to be intercepted?

As long as there are good people like us talking about these sort of things the USA and the world is safe! At least while we are talking! yes.gif   Failure to wonder and speak could be the death of us all!  yes.gif

426398[/snapback]

426996[/snapback]

your 'handle' is quite comforting, you DO realize it is always pretty much 4:20 somewhere.

As long as there are good people like us talking about these sort of things the USA and the world is safe! At least while we are talking! yes.gif  Failure to wonder and speak could be the death of us all!  yes.gif

426398[/snapback]

426996[/snapback]

your 'handle' is quite comforting, you DO realize it is always pretty much 4:20 somewhere.

427007[/snapback]

four twenty somewhere u say? I better get to smokin then.

As long as there are good people like us talking about these sort of things the USA and the world is safe! At least while we are talking! yes.gif   Failure to wonder and speak could be the death of us all!  yes.gif

426398[/snapback]

426996[/snapback]

427007[/snapback]

427010[/snapback]

you betcha....cheers! thumbsup.gif

Just a note: many experts have concluded that the debris field was not consistent with a plane being shot down but WAS consistent with a plane crashing.

426398[/snapback]

426996[/snapback]

427007[/snapback]

427010[/snapback]

you betcha....cheers! thumbsup.gif

427014[/snapback]

can I join in the fun?? grin2.gif

If when u say "fun" you mean discussing Donald Rumsfelds saying that flight 93 was shot down then yes. Cuz thats what I meant...

If when u say "fun" you mean discussing Donald Rumsfelds saying that flight 93 was shot down then yes.  Cuz thats what I meant...

427069[/snapback]

So hey whadayasay? NOW THAT WE'VE HAD TIME TO CONTEMPLATE THE IDEA >> do you believe it was shot down in flames or was it actually more a case of up in smoke?!??! lol, my ever so inquiring mind wants to know....hehehe. cuz you know I'm going to have to go with what Donald said for 1000 Alex.

blink.gif

edited to add the blurb about contemplating the subject

Edited by tarabull