Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can 'sweaty billboard' help fight Zika virus?

Still Waters

A billboard that attracts and kills mosquitoes has been designed by marketing agencies in Brazil.

The board releases a mixture of a lactic acid solution that mimics the smell of human sweat and carbon dioxide, which is in human breath.

Its inventors have released the blueprint for free and are encouraging people around the world to make them.

However, one expert warned it could attract insects to areas where there are many humans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-36094565

• Like 2

I always knew that I would live to see the day when advertisers admitted that they thought mosquitoes and humans are both as susceptible to advertising.

• Like 1

I don't think a smelly billboard is gonna kill of the virus, but I think it's certainly cut them down a notch.

So far no mosquito in the U.S. proper has the virus. Only people who have traveled to other Countries has been diagnosed with it.

This bill board actually sounds like a good idea.

If you want to live in a place where there are no mosquitoes move to Klamath Falls,OR., no mosquitoes.

Edited by cerberusxp