Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Burglar-bite worry for dog owners: new law

Still Waters

Dog owners could face criminal charges if their animals bite burglars under proposals from the Welsh government, the Kennel Club has warned.

A draft bill would make it an offence to have a dangerously out of control dog in the home.

The dog welfare body says owners should have some protection under the law when dogs try to defend the home.

The Welsh government has said it wants to protect people from an increasing number of attacks by dangerous dogs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20891039

Dangerous dogs?! What about the dangerous ******** in your house?!

And here I thought the Welsh more sensible than that. This is something Downing Street would come up with. I weep for our country... To quote Aliens... What are me supposed to use? Harsh language?

:no:

Britain: You suck!

• Like 2

The only way in Britain to get a burglar out of your house is to use poor manners. (And yes, I'm just joshin' with y'all; I know a gun in every hand and a cap in every a** is also not the way to go).

• Like 4

When someone comes into my home its the dogs or the guns. Well see which gets there first.

• Like 3

I guess you can't get any better than that.... on Apr. 1st I would think that it is a fantastic joke.

• Like 2

Preventing bitten burglars? Oh the problems you'll solve, Wales!

We have an epidemic of dog murders in my country thanks to too many gun-happy cops who somehow get ignored whenever it's suggested that our right to bear arms get infringed. And our loved ones and family members on four legs get gunned down with no legal recourse in most cases. Just try shooting a police dog and plumb the depths of the PD's hypocrisy.

• Like 4

Your gonna throw hamsters at a burglar ? Silly Canadian.

• Like 3

Your gonna throw hamsters at a burglar ? Silly Canadian.

well, they're not too heavy. what else can you do with a hamster? geez

• Like 6

Oh yes ,god forbid those poor defenseless burglars get hurt if a good protective doggie,harms the hand holding the gun or rope ,especially if more than one of these poor sweet burglars come in numbers...

I mean gosh ,those three guys in conneticut ,who brutally beat raped and killed that man's entire family ,would be terribly hurt,if a bad doggie bit those disgusting pieces of detritus that destroyed this mans entire life.

Now he would be fined,but maybe his wife and daughters would be alive...too bad he didn't have six dogs....too BAD .

Bad bad doggies .Bad bad owners.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 5

I'm glad my state passed a law that says if you get hurt while trespassing, tough luck. It's already stood up in court too. Criminals were suing their victims from prison because they got hurt while committing the crime or people were just trespassing on your property and had a accident.

This law is stupid, your dog should have the right to defend your home from intruders.

• Like 8

If I hear a suspicious noise during the night I send Mrs.Ealdwita to reconnoiter. The sight of her in her nightie, curlers and her Make-me-look-like-Cheryl-Cole face cream, is more than enough to send dedicated squads of SAS and Spetznatz into full bowel-loosened retreat! The last time it happened, three would-be burglars begged me to set the dogs on them!

• Like 8

My advice to anyone who hears a burglar in there house is to do what I did, surprise them with pickaxe handle, beat them to death & dump the body in the wee hours in a remote location.

I mean, they were hardly going to tell anyone where they were going that evening were they.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5

Well that's just 'fine and dandy'

"Come in Mr Burglar, help yourself to anything and make yourself comfortable. Don't worry about my girls and baby Grandson who are sleeping, they won't mind you taking a tour around my house. Ignore my little yorkshire terrier Lulu, she is not vicious.... but I would like you to meet my cat Callie who IS scary and feral" :gun:

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 3

Makes me glad I don't live in Great Britain. They are insane with how they deal with people breaking into your home. The laws protect the criminals. It's absolutely insane.

Art

• Like 2

Makes me glad I don't live in Great Britain. They are insane with how they deal with people breaking into your home. The laws protect the criminals. It's absolutely insane.

Art

I know! I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this one! Suppose we should just put the kettle on and make a nice cup of Earl Grey tea for the burglar :whistle:

• Like 4

My pug isn't much of a attack dog. He's kinda got a sock-puppet mouth. Lips get in da way. He'd more than likely cute them to death.

• Like 1

No guns, no dogs... call the cops and wait for what? 15-20 minutes? WOW.... I'm an American and I'll keep my guns and my unfriendly dogs close by... To live in a nice world where love and flowers and butterflies abound is a great idea but in practical practice... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

• Like 4

If I hear a suspicious noise during the night I send Mrs.Ealdwita to reconnoiter. The sight of her in her nightie, curlers and her Make-me-look-like-Cheryl-Cole face cream, is more than enough to send dedicated squads of SAS and Spetznatz into full bowel-loosened retreat! The last time it happened, three would-be burglars begged me to set the dogs on them!

I'm going to buy Mrs Ealdwita a riding crop to thwack you with ,every time you every time you mention her on UM.

• Like 7

It's alright for you! My dogs are lousy shots! Neither of them could hit a bull in the butt with a banjo!

LOL, smarty pants!

This law is absolutely sill, IMO.

I'm going to buy Mrs Ealdwita a riding crop to thwack you with ,every time you every time you mention her on UM.

You've been reading too many books called 'Fifty Shades of Grey'! haven't you? Christmas prezzie was it?

• Like 3

Dang,Sucks to be a dog owner in Europe,dang that sucks.No other words can describe the feelings you guys must be going through,How stupid a law must be when it benefits the criminal scum that will now break into your house with the law on their side,Forget the dog,buy a bear trap and leave it next to an open window,OOps did that thing just lop off his leg,oh well at least you cant be sued because the dog bit him.hopefully its his right leg,that way he can rename himself lefty.What a bogus law!!!!! Boooo!,I'm also with itsnotoutthere.My kind of people.yup.still a bear trap is great.

Edited by The Unseen

Dang,Sucks to be a dog owner in Europe,dang that sucks.No other words can describe the feelings you guys must be going through,How stupid a law must be when it benefits the criminal scum that will now break into your house with the law on their side,Forget the dog,buy a bear trap and leave it next to an open window,OOps did that thing just lop off his leg,oh well at least you cant be sued because the dog bit him.hopefully its his right leg,that way he can rename himself lefty.What a bogus law!!!!! Boooo!,I'm also with itsnotoutthere.My kind of people.yup.still a bear trap is great.

Britain pretends not to be Europe. As far as I know in all other European countries, as long as there is a warning on the gate and the dog has its rabies shot (where rabies is predominant) he may bite any trespasser.

• Like 2