Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man copies Bible out by hand

Still Waters

I didn't read the article. I didn't say I did either. I think the title of the thread pretty much sums it up for me.

that's neither in, nor out box thinking, that's just not thinking.

try reading the articles you comment on before you do.

I'm not the person who just assumed the man was jobless like he was some bum and had no partner because he was "sad".

I didn't just 'assume' anything, I read the article, and also the other posts which said he was retired, but maybe that's just how my small, inbox mind works, by gathering facts before commenting.

what I WAS doing was using humour, instead of abuse.

y'know, humour? remember it?

Then again, I'm not the judgmental type.

there are a lot of people who would disagree with that statement, if your posts are anything to go by.

Want to try that again?

*sigh*

Unemployed I would imagine, he could have used those hours looking for a job.

As for single, do you mean as in braincell?

Maybe he was tormented inside. He could be one of those people struck with lifelong misfortune.

Maybe he was tormented inside. He could be one of those people struck with lifelong misfortune.

Maybe..... maybe he did not like being an interior designer during his working life.i-dont-know-smiley-emoticon.gif

Writing something by hand is a great way of committing it to memory, perhaps he felt the need to both read and remember as much of the bible as possible for once in his life. I know for myself I only read small portions at a time and while I generally know where all the particulars are in the book it's my favorites only that I can quote without having to look them up for accuracy and context.

And let's not forget, whether he was bored of work or not, he's 63 years old, is suffering from AIDS, and requires two walking canes just to walk around. it's not like he's got the energy to waste going to local dance parties or talking it up at office Christmas parties. Unfortunately his partner died several years ago. I don't think we should make jokes in light of that (you know who you are), especially considering what it likely was that his partner also died from. He wasn't a 70-year old virgin lazy bugger who thought the easiest way to avoid working was to write out a Bible from start to end.

Maybe the text was in Latin, but the name is not Latin'. it's Germanic (here: Saxon):

eald = old, wita = 'knower', one who knows

Ooops - I thought the poster was referring to the illustration I posted! I never imagined for a moment he was referring to my user name! (Put it down to age)

...........................................................................................................................................................

FAO szentgyorgy, .......(What Abramelin said!) s11825.gif

Edited by ealdwita

The story has an almost pathetic aspect to it, kinda reminding me of the sickly old men who walk on their hands and knees to Lhasa. To us it seems so pointless, but what in life can we say really has a point anyway.