Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New: Ancient Aliens – Aliens And Cover Ups

skywizard

Happy New Year All,

Just found this and thought I were share it for all who follow the Ancient Aliens series. I couldn’t find it on the site.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q1pDRW9R18Y[/media]

… no I haven’t watched it yet but I’m going to then I will commit on it. The last series was kind of goofy, I hope this one is better.

Only Now Exists

~skywizard

Happy new year to you too! And thanks for the video. I mainly watch these for their entertainment value. Even though they do give you some valuable facts about history and some cool stuff to question. Our ancestors where way more capable than we give them credit for.

Edited by Kratology
  • Like 4

Our ancestors where way more capable than we give them credit for.

Which is what so many people find objectionable about the AA supposition, it basically says "the ancients were idiots, therefore aliens", it's the same damn thinking that produced the white man's burden, the rampaging destruction of South American, Australian, Moari etc etc culture, the intentional ignorance in history books....

It's abominable.

• Like 4

Which is what so many people find objectionable about the AA supposition, it basically says "the ancients were idiots, therefore aliens", it's the same damn thinking that produced the white man's burden, the rampaging destruction of South American, Australian, Moari etc etc culture, the intentional ignorance in history books....

It's abominable.

And now the 'truth' of Ancient Aliens is being covered up? CONSPIRACY!

*mega facepalm*

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Give our ancestors a little credit, for heavens sake! I mean without them we wouldn't know anything right now......ah damned.......just realized that in this forum that isn't much of an argument to begin with.

Soddit, I stand by what I say, give them some credit for being smarter and more creative than that.

• Like 2

Prior to the holidays, I re-watched S1-S4. Well, actually I listened to it in the background while working on some writing projects. It was quite distracting. I found myself alternating between laughing, groaning and muttering profanities about the intellectual prowess of certain individuals.

I do hope they do an episode about why absolutely nothing happened on 12/21/12 since so many earlier episodes talked about it. I'm sort of eager to hear the follow-up spin.

• Like 1

Prior to the holidays, I re-watched S1-S4. Well, actually I listened to it in the background while working on some writing projects. It was quite distracting. I found myself alternating between laughing, groaning and muttering profanities about the intellectual prowess of certain individuals.

I do hope they do an episode about why absolutely nothing happened on 12/21/12 since so many earlier episodes talked about it. I'm sort of eager to hear the follow-up spin.

I bow to you sir, the quip about 21/12/12 (euro date format, sorry) is priceless. :nw::tu:

I bow to you sir, the quip about 21/12/12 (euro date format, sorry) is priceless. :nw::tu:

Ah, thank you. I, in turn, bow to you for the excellent quote in your signature.

Ah, thank you. I, in turn, bow to you for the excellent quote in your signature.

Been my quote since at least end 2010 I think. It's nontheless rather accurate and truthfull, some people on this very forum being prime examples of it :D

As far as Comedy goes,AA's is up there with the best,seriously though i have grown to hate the History Channel,and it's obsession with pseudo realiy shows.

Ancient Aliens defines just how low this Channel has gone.

• Like 2

Agreed. For me, AA has two things going for it. One, I do learn, or rather, hear about ancient sites and cultures I was previously unaware of. I then go and read up on them for myself. The second part is, of course, the comedy aspect. I'm not convinced The Hair actually believes 90% of what he says. I think he's simply marketing himself and his show with a laugh all the way to the bank. Childress on the other hand...

• Like 1

*sigh*

Before watching the video in the OP I thought I'd go back and watch the first episode of the season. Barely five minutes in and I'm cursing at the "TV" (my laptop actually).

"OMG! Pyramids all over the world! How is it possible that these primitive people, before global communication, were all building pyramids with similar shapes and structures? It must be aliens!"

I guess the fact that it's a bloody basic design structure, wide, square base with four sides narrowing as you go up couldn't explain anything.

I think I need therapy. I can't watch this show without getting angry or weeping at the continued erosion of our collective intelligence. That and bouts of self-loathing for not finding a way to exploit a certain segment of the population for my own financial gain.

• Like 2

The show is a classic example of just picking the information that you canmanipulate and leaving the facts alone.

These shows are poison for minds such as Zoser and Nopeda.

*sigh*

Before watching the video in the OP I thought I'd go back and watch the first episode of the season. Barely five minutes in and I'm cursing at the "TV" (my laptop actually).

"OMG! Pyramids all over the world! How is it possible that these primitive people, before global communication, were all building pyramids with similar shapes and structures? It must be aliens!"

I guess the fact that it's a bloody basic design structure, wide, square base with four sides narrowing as you go up couldn't explain anything.

I think I need therapy. I can't watch this show without getting angry or weeping at the continued erosion of our collective intelligence. That and bouts of self-loathing for not finding a way to exploit a certain segment of the population for my own financial gain.

Mate you ought to watch it the same way you watch comedy, that's what I do and by the lords of Cobol,they are ever so funny and entertaining. It's like watching an episode of Top Gear, you know it should be a car show, but in fact you spend half the time laughing.

Mate you ought to watch it the same way you watch comedy, that's what I do and by the lords of Cobol,they are ever so funny and entertaining. It's like watching an episode of Top Gear, you know it should be a car show, but in fact you spend half the time laughing.

Differences is, I learn about cars while laughing, with Ancient Aliens... Well... I learned that aliens like to use stone... A lot.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 2

Differences is, I learn about cars while laughing, with Ancient Aliens... Well... I learned that aliens like to use stone... A lot.

Point taken. Although if you want to become a mason or such........ :P;)

Point taken. Although if you want to become a mason or such........ :P;)

I already do the human equivalent. I've built birdhouses before, in the far flung future when pigeons have taken over, the idiots will think they built them.

Edited by Hasina

Not to defend AA here, but there are some things shown during misc episodes of the show which are very difficult to explain. Precision cut rocks with almost laser like or diamond drill proficiency come to mind. I personally don't believe an ancient stone mason would sit there for hours on end with some form of archaic sand paper trying to perfect the edge (or groove) of a giant slab of rock, that would be a collosal waste of time, at least to me.

Edited by WoIverine

Not to defend AA here, but there are some things shown during the show which are very difficult to explain. Precision cut rocks with almost laser like or diamond drill proficiency come to mind. I personally don't believe an ancient stone mason would sit there for hours on end with some form of archaic sand paper trying to perfect the edge of a giant slab of rock, that would be a collosal waste of time, at least to me.

I actually think that's exactly what happened. Come on, we have people who spend most of their working hours assembling the same two pieces, over and over and over, though now we have machines to do it. When there's nothing to do, a repetitive action eats up the most time. You can zone out, stuff like smoothing rocks, probably didn't take much energy if you're just sitting there. Especially when it comes to what people could do with their free time. You could walk around, eat, hunt, look at stuff, or build. I know I would build, build, BUILD! MWHAHAHA~ -dashes out a window-

Not to defend AA here, but there are some things shown during misc episodes of the show which are very difficult to explain. Precision cut rocks with almost laser like or diamond drill proficiency come to mind. I personally don't believe an ancient stone mason would sit there for hours on end with some form of archaic sand paper trying to perfect the edge (or groove) of a giant slab of rock, that would be a collosal waste of time, at least to me.

With large quantities of workers and large quantities of time, almost anything is possible.

I actually think that's exactly what happened. Come on, we have people who spend most of their working hours assembling the same two pieces, over and over and over, though now we have machines to do it. When there's nothing to do, a repetitive action eats up the most time. You can zone out, stuff like smoothing rocks, probably didn't take much energy if you're just sitting there. Especially when it comes to what people could do with their free time. You could walk around, eat, hunt, look at stuff, or build. I know I would build, build, BUILD! MWHAHAHA~ -dashes out a window-

I know. My father spends hours and hours sanding on wood in his garage. The final outcome is great, but I don't have the patience when I could just go buy it done already.

I know. My father spends hours and hours sanding on wood in his garage. The final outcome is great, but I don't have the patience when I could just go buy it done already.

People like you and me would've been sacrificed to Quetzalcoatl so the others would have more patience sanding rocks. ;D

• Like 1

I've tried watching it that way and have in the past but now... I just can't. Maybe I'm going through a phase.