Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need help with my ghost box!

KimElizabeth

I have a ghost box rs 12-469 and when it scans through the a.m. band there is no sound. I was just wondering if anyone else out there had this model and if so can you give me any tips as to how to fix this. I just got this box and I'm dying to use it! Thanks!!!

• Like 1

Hello!

My nice guy suggestion is to go to manufacture that you bought it from.

My skeptic is to tell you congradulations on buying an Autotuner for fm/am/cell signals.

• Like 7

If you catch a ghost in a jar, you could sell it on ebay

• Like 2

Brian, thanks for the suggestion.

Rlyeh, if I catch a ghost in a jar I think I would much rather keep it for myself!

• Like 1

Kim, welcome to UM ! :yes:

• Like 1

Welcome to UM Kim and if you do get something I would like to hear it. I've seen a ghost before so I am very interested in the subject. If you do catch one in a jar please let it go.

If we can get evps from ghosts.so why cant ghost box works. Where did u get it

I've got an old time machine if you want to buy it.

• Like 1

What you are after is what's called "white noise"

It has been speculated that "spirits" can use white noise to communicate to us, due to their speculated manipulation of "randomness"

However, white noise generated from an "off-station" radio or TV is not a good source, as it is not uncommon for "snippets" of radio/TV stations to suddenly appear due to RF frequency changes from atmospheric conditions and such.

AS a result, false positives are not uncommon when using that technique.

Odd as this might sound, true white noise can be generated by nothing more than running water from a kitchen faucet, a running stream or a fountain. Even a desolate forest with a random breezy wind making noise in the tree leaves.

For the kitchen faucet, place your recorder close enough to that running water to record the white noise, with NO other sounds present, as possible.

Ask your questions in a direct and firm but gentle manner(that is, command a response without being overly-aggressive). Be patient. It can take 30 minutes or more. Then review the audio recording.

This may take several seperate sessions to get a response, as "they" are often not sure of your intent.

Edited by pallidin

If you catch a ghost in a jar, you could sell it on ebay

How ridiculous! Everybody knows ghosts can walk thru jars.

• Like 1

BTW, I think Ghost Boxes are a flawed theory. I've never heard an adequate explanation of how proponents say they work.

• Like 1

BTW, I think Ghost Boxes are a flawed theory. I've never heard an adequate explanation of how proponents say they work.

Well, There is a few "theories". First is The autotuner helps the ghost use WORDS from the sound waves in the AIR to help it answer.... YEAH!... air... The other theory is, magic! So yeah, people who use it either convince themselves it works (like ghost radar) others who don't know how it works just assume it's some magical box that can talk to the other side.

• Like 2

I think your problem is that you are trying to catch a ghost in a box. Anything that can walk through walls isn't gonna stay in a box. :tu:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coolguy, I got it on ebay and had it repaired. Did four sessions so far with pretty amazing results! (All you skeptics out there, haha) Well I'm a skeptic too, that's why I wanted to try it for myself. I must say that I am amazed at the things I've been hearing. The same name and voice has come through each time. It gives me direct responses to my questions. They also seem to have a sense of humor. You have to try it for yourself to believe it!

Hi KimElizbeth

It would be really cool,after you fix your ghostbox, is if you could film one of your sessions to share with us. I have been interested in this form of communication but have not seen it outside of the paranormal television shows which are edited.

Thanks and welcome to UE

Mekelyn, if you go on YouTube you could see a lot of videos of ghost box sessions. HighSpirit has some great ones and he uses the same box I do. As for myself, I'm very computer illiterate so I have to look into how to post videos, add subtitles, etc. I would love to start doing this though because I'm dying to share all this with somebody!

What kind of things have you heard from it?

Do you think you could catch some more things and record it? This would help a lot.

And welcome to UM!

I have all my sessions recorded on my phone. I usually don't hear the responses until I play it back. I get direct responses to many of my questions. Is there a place on here that I can post the soundclips?

I have all my sessions recorded on my phone. I usually don't hear the responses until I play it back. I get direct responses to many of my questions. Is there a place on here that I can post the soundclips?

That's great that you have it recorded. Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload the audio. You may want to try to use Google to find a way.

I look forward to hearing it.