Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zoo party nights ‘threaten animal welfare'

Still Waters

The welfare of animals at London zoo is being put at risk by drunken visitors at its Friday night parties, including one incident in which a man poured beer over a tiger before being thrown out by staff.

Another incident this month saw a man strip off and attempt to enter the penguin pool, forcing staff to intervene. There are also unconfirmed reports that a drunken woman tried to enter the lion enclosure in June.

http://www.theguardi...-animal-welfare

"Sources at the zoo have raised serious concerns about the impact on animals’ sleep and stress levels from the lucrative Zoo Lates sessions, which are advertised as an “after party with the animals”."

Lucrative. I win again. I don't even have to read these articles anymore. When it comes to animal welfare or lack of, just follow the money.

• Like 1

So, the zoo thought the idea of a party near wild animals with a bunch of drunk people WOULDN'T be an issue?

I mean "poured beer on a tiger", come on people we're supposed to be the smart animals.

• Like 3

come on people we're supposed to be the smart animals.

99.99% of the time we prove that we don't deserve to be...

Well IMO the animal have a right to peace and quiet on an evening and night. The zoo should be closed to the public after 7 pm at the latest.

• Like 3

Threaten animal welfare? How is this possible the animals are still receiving all of the living expenses, housing, health care and food from the zoo? How long can we be expected, as a society, to fund the leisured lifestyle of these do-nothing, good-for-nothing, lazy animals....which, may I remind you, contribute nothing to society. Nothing. No art or literature or music. Nothing.

How can parties....oh they meant health and well-being?....well, then, nothing to see here. Move along.

Put the humans in the cages and let the animals out.

• Like 1

Put the humans in the cages and let the animals out.

We have prisons which do that.