Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama says reject those who warn of Tyranny

Drayno

IOW, don't listen to anyone but me, the messiah!

• Like 7

In my opinion, Obama is getting worried that people are starting to wake up to him and his tyrranical way's....

• Like 5

Context is required. Listen to the full speech in either of the two links below.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50146232n

• Like 1

This guy and his double talk is starting to get scary. This speech and the one in Mexico City is marking a new period in his agenda. Is this what he meant when he told Medvedev that he'd have more flexibility? Be wary, be very wary.

Starting to wonder if the people on youtube saying he is the anti Christ have a point... LOL

In my opinion, Obama is getting worried that people are starting to wake up to him and his tyrranical way's....

Good point, a lot more people are starting to wake up in general. It must be making those in charge sweat a little.

Context is required. Listen to the full speech in either of the two links below.

[media=]

[/media]

http://www.cbsnews.c...h/?id=50146232n

The context doesn't really change anything. Often the context is a cover for what someone really wants to say. The fact is the only part you will remember if you are a mindless drone is what the video above shows.

Just like when your girlfriend talks about going clothes shopping with her friends and the words: boobs, legs and underwear make your ears perk up and listen. Are you going to remember her mentioning that her friend preferred the green dress but her and her other friend told her the blue one is better because it goes with her shoes and handbag.... Hell no. But you will remember that she helped her friend try on a bra and had to touch her boobs.....

Obama and his administration are clever, they know what they are saying and they know which part of that speech the sheep will hear and take note of. Politicians certainly know how to word things and how to make a point.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 5

I await with anticipation the people who will justify this and tell us what he actually meant to say, how he was misquoted or taken out of context.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 6

Funny, when someone wants to hear certain things, their mind does that.

Me, not caring about Government Conspiracy crap, nor caring who the President is, although want to see a Revolution in my life time...

I do not hear anything bad, unless you leave things out, and scramble a few. He was making the point that the Government is by the people, not a seperate entity, and our youth need to remember that, and keep it going.

He is speaking at a college for christ sake. Don't any of you think at least 85% of the people there are more educated then us?.....If anyone thought this was bad, I am 100% sure they would be speaking up, as they were there first hand.

Not to mention, take 1:27 out of a speech and you leave out a lot.

edit :....4 posts above me, thank you.....You replied as I was typing.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

Obama: Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems. Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works. They’ll warn that tyranny always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, and creative, and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can’t be trusted.

We have never been a people who place all our faith in government to solve our problems. We shouldn’t want to. But we don’t think the government is the source of all our problems, either. Because we understand that this democracy is ours. And as citizens, we understand that it’s not about what America can do for us, it’s about what can be done by us, together, through the hard and frustrating but absolutely necessary work of self-government. And class of 2013, you have to be involved in that process.

http://www.infowars....rnment-tyranny/

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 2

The OP sort of reminded me of this, where Obama states he is tempted to bypass congress

• Like 3

Funny, when someone wants to hear certain things, their mind does that.

Me, not caring about Government Conspiracy crap, nor caring who the President is, although want to see a Revolution in my life time...

I do not hear anything bad, unless you leave things out, and scramble a few. He was making the point that the Government is by the people, not a seperate entity, and our youth need to remember that, and keep it going.

He is speaking at a college for christ sake. Don't any of you think at least 85% of the people there are more educated then us?.....If anyone thought this was bad, I am 100% sure they would be speaking up, as they were there first hand.

Not to mention, take 1:27 out of a speech and you leave out a lot.

edit :....4 posts above me, thank you.....You replied as I was typing.

Government is by the people?

Do you really believe that?! It's supposed to be that way but it sure as hell isn't.

This is the system/government the US has:

illusion-of-free-choice-slaughter-house.png

(and the UK and most of Europe etc)

• Like 8

Government is by the people?

[media=]

[/media]

Do you really believe that?! It's supposed to be that way but it sure as hell isn't.

No, I do not believe it. Corporate and the wealthy run this Country.

I was just stating I saw nothing " hidden " in his statement.

Does anyone expect a Political figure to state the truth?

Now, if some farmer, or schmuck like me could ever get the backing ( millions and millions of dollars ), we would state the truth. Thing is, this will never happen. This is why I hope to see a revolution of some type in my life time, and " we the people ", not just the wealthy, will take this Country back to what it was meant to be.

• Like 2

Sakari

One might make the argument that college graduates are more educated than "the rest of us", but the youngsters are still very naive to the ways of the world. Their "book learning" might be complete, but they are just beginning the other educations provided by life.

Further, these younger generations are far more brainwashed than others before them. The methods of successful brainwashing have been refined and perfected for generations now.

Obama's speech was a not so subtle effort at brainwashing.

• Like 8

Now, if some farmer, or schmuck like me could ever get the backing ( millions and millions of dollars ), we would state the truth. Thing is, this will never happen. This is why I hope to see a revolution of some type in my life time, and " we the people ", not just the wealthy, will take this Country back to what it was meant to be.

So should we keep an eye on the POTUS to ensure he is not becoming a tyrant? I.e, locking people up without charge? Not granting citizens the right to a speedy trail or even reading them their miranda rights? Granting himself the power to kill anyone, even a US citizen with no charges against them, using drones if he decides that they are a "terrorist"?

Is it any wonder that there is an increasing risk of terrorism in America? New agencies have been created. New powers have been granted. Just this week the FBI state that they have the ability to listen to every single phone call without warrant or even due process. Terrorism is on the increase because it serves a purpose. The government will implement more and more stringent controls on the populas while the threat increases and will continue to increase.

Heck, there were "CST' members stationed 10 feet from where the blast occurred in Boston. If they coouldn't stop the terrorist threat, nothing can.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 5

We agree on that part.

Fair enough I seen it as seed. Something I have started to learn about is seeds. You can't tell people what to do, but you can plant seeds and let them go. It's a very intelligent and manipulative way of persuading people to believe what you want them to. Sometime sit can be used for good, sometimes it can be used for bad. It can take a long time for those seeds to grow, but patience is something the long term player excels at.

Some do believe it or not.

Well I hope your revolutions starts soon before they clamp down hard on you guys over there. If you end up like the UK you won't stand a chance. We were ******* a long time ago. :td:

• Like 1

"Trusst in meee .... jusst in meee"

• Like 3

Sakari

One might make the argument that college graduates are more educated than "the rest of us", but the youngsters are still very naive to the ways of the world. Their "book learning" might be complete, but they are just beginning the other educations provided by life.

Further, these younger generations are far more brainwashed than others before them. The methods of successful brainwashing have been refined and perfected for generations now.

Obama's speech was a not so subtle effort at brainwashing.

I have to agree on the " more educated"....Now, keep in mind I said more then 85% of us :) ( meaning us on UM, and not meaning myself in the us )

I do not think anyone is brainwashing anyone else. I think everyone agrees that Corporate runs our Government, but not everyone is willing to do anything about it.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

So should we keep an eye on the POTUS to ensure he is not becoming a tyrant? I.e, locking people up without charge? Not granting citizens the right to a speedy trail or even reading them their miranda rights? Granting himself the power to kill anyone, even a US citizen with no charges against them, using drones if he decides that they are a "terrorist"?

Is it any wonder that there is an increasing risk of terrorism in America? New agencies have been created. New powers have been granted. Just this week the FBI state that they have the ability to listen to every single phone call without warrant or even due process. Terrorism is on the increase because it serves a purpose. The government will implement more and more stringent controls on the populas while the threat increases and will continue to increase.

Heck, there were "CST' members stationed 10 feet from where the blast occurred in Boston. If they coouldn't stop the terrorist threat, nothing can.

My opinion on what you are getting at.....

You are nuts.

I feel most, if not all CP's are nuts, hell, I know they are.

Well I hope your revolutions starts soon before they clamp down hard on you guys over there. If you end up like the UK you won't stand a chance. We were ******* a long time ago. :td:

I doubt it.....Not enough people with the balls to do it......Hell, look at the gun debates, half the Country could care less if we lose ownership of guns. That should say something right there.

( not making this a gun debate )

I feel bad for my kids, and especially my grand children.......I do not see much hope for them in the future.

Luckily, I may not see the worst of it, although almost 50, no retirement or savings, hard to say.

Edited by Sakari

My opinion on what you are getting at.....

You are nuts.

I feel most, if not all CP's are nuts, hell, I know they are.

Thanks for your opinion. I value it as much as i should.....

Now, care to point out any fallacies in my statement?

He is speaking at a college for christ sake. Don't any of you think at least 85% of the people there are more educated then us?

85% more indoctrinated.

• Like 3

Thanks for your opinion. I value it as much as i should.....

Now, care to point out any fallacies in my statement?

Nope, that has been done over and over again in other topics. No need to repeat what others have posted. I choose to stay out of those topics as much as possible, as I am not ready to have a annurism.