Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Obama says reject those who warn of Tyranny

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 10,032 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostSakari, on 06 May 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

He is speaking at a college for christ sake. Don't any of you think at least 85% of the people there are  more educated then us?
I don't know about anyone else, but I have two degrees, one of which is a Masters, and a handful of graduate diplomas.

#32    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,654 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

POPULAR

I love how people think simply because they attended college they are so much more intelligent than everyone else. What they fail to mention is they majored in fine arts, drama, philosophy, English lit or some other useless study which will not be benificial in most real life situations unless they plan on being a teacher.

I'm not talking about you, Wearer of Hats. You are a very reasonable person and I don't believe I've ever seen you being condescending to anyone. You don't flaunt your education or use it to demean others. :tu:

#33    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,440 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm smarter than most of the numbskulls our university spits out in my town and I ain't be havin' no degrees.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#34    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,035 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 May 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I have two degrees, one of which is a Masters, and a handful of graduate diplomas.

View PostSweetpumper, on 06 May 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

I'm smarter than most of the numbskulls our university spits out in my town and I ain't be havin' no degrees.

Please keep in mind, I said 85% ....

Leaves 15% opened up :)

Come on, look at some of the topics and their replies here. :tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#35    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,035 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 May 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

I love how people think simply because they attended college they are so much more intelligent than everyone else. What they fail to mention is they majored in fine arts, drama, philosophy, English lit or some other useless study which will not be benificial in most real life situations unless they plan on being a teacher.

I'm not talking about you, Wearer of Hats. You are a very reasonable person and I don't believe I've ever seen you being condescending to anyone. You don't flaunt your education or use it to demean others. :tu:

Do not get me wrong. I delivered Pepsi, and at a lot of the stores, the Managers had degrees, and I was making more then they were.( learned this when I used to say " should have went to college " in conversations.)

And, there are MANY people more educated then myself, and many that are " smarter " when it comes to higher education.

Edited by Sakari, 06 May 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#36    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,947 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 May 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

The only thing that a higher education gives you is that you become more susceptible to the *Con*.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#37    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 06 May 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

The only thing that a higher education gives you is that you become more susceptible to the *Con*.

I noticed this too after completing my BBus. You always seem to leave College with a liberal political slant. It took me a few years of the real world to set me right.

#38    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Posted Image

#39    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,654 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostSakari, on 06 May 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Do not get me wrong. I delivered Pepsi, and at a lot of the stores, the Managers had degrees, and I was making more then they were.( learned this when I used to say " should have went to college " in conversations.)

And, there are MANY people more educated then myself, and many that are " smarter " when it comes to higher education.

And some who are self taught and learned from practical application or experience. I've had doctors ask me what formal education I've had because I learned a great deal while taking care of my Mother in her last ten years. It was prudent to become educated in her care.

#40    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,654 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

"If you are young and not liberal, then you have no heart, but if you are old and not conservative, then you have no brain."

#41    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 May 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

"If you are young and not liberal, then you have no heart, but if you are old and not conservative, then you have no brain."

I literally laughed out loud reading this

#42    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,654 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 06 May 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

One of my favorite quotes from Winston Churchill. :tu:

#43    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 10,032 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 06 May 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

My response was "crap! I'm OLD!!"

#44    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,654 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 May 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

My response was "crap! I'm OLD!!"

:w00t:  I have seen your attitude change a little over the years, old man. ;)

#45    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 May 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

And some who are self taught and learned from practical application or experience. I've had doctors ask me what formal education I've had because I learned a great deal while taking care of my Mother in her last ten years. It was prudent to become educated in her care.

I know what you mean.

I've got some college education under my belt. The first time I went to college, I was able to get the degrees so I could teach English Lit. and History. I actually, went back to school so I could become an occupational/physical therapist for children, but I wasn't able to finish due to money reasons. When my son gets older, I definitely wanna go back to college. I love learning.
Now, my husband, has a GED and has never been to college. But the man is the smartest guy I've ever known. And his knowledge is useful in real life! He can do anything, figure anything out. He can get fix ANYTHING, make anything. He's just like my dad in that respect. People need to realize, there are different levels of intellect. Some people, like me, are book smart. People like my husband are life smart. :)

I like that! :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users