Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Notorious Indiana 'hell house' is torn down

UM-Bot

A house suspected of being haunted by a demonic entity has been demolished following years of activity.

The house was previously the home of Latoya Ammons and her three children who all reported experiencing a wide range of disturbing paranormal phenomena while living there.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/291422/notorious-indiana-hell-house-is-torn-down

• Like 1

I have to wonder if this is a stunt for the show. I would think a "real" paranormal investigator would not even consider tearing down a house where he has witnessed activity. Wouldn't it be like his holy grail?

Here is another link. It's much more in depth on the happenings there.

Seems odd to me. They called a church and the church told them to clean the house with bleach and ammonia and draw crosses on every door and window. And then pour oil over the kids hands and feet.

http://www.indystar....ammons/4892553/

• Like 6

I recall reading this. Interesting story to be sure, especially with the supposed officials supposedly witnessing some strange occurrences.

YouTube has some vids... search Latoya Ammons

• Like 2

I had caught a blurb about this a couple days ago, but didn't think much of it at the time. I'm somehow not surprised that the building is being demolished.

• Like 2

Oh great! With all that's going-on in the world, all we need now are homeless "demons"

:devil:

• Like 8

I had caught a blurb about this a couple days ago, but didn't think much of it at the time. I'm somehow not surprised that the building is being demolished.

I wouldn't be since it's in Gary. But since it is owned by a paranormal investigator, it does surprise me.

If you were a magician and had a real magic wand, would you destroy it. Heck no!

I could understand if the guy refused to go in it anymore, but at least let fellow investigators look into it.

Kind of going to make any of his future shows seem dumb. Him going in and using all the fancy equipment to try and find ghosts. When he had a house full he just demolished. :cry:

• Like 4

I wouldn't be since it's in Gary. But since it is owned by a paranormal investigator, it does surprise me.

If you were a magician and had a real magic wand, would you destroy it. Heck no!

I could understand if the guy refused to go in it anymore, but at least let fellow investigators look into it.

Kind of going to make any of his future shows seem dumb. Him going in and using all the fancy equipment to try and find ghosts. When he had a house full he just demolished. :cry:

Yeah, this action certainly does not lend itself to an idea of further investigation or even to verify most previous claims.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 4

Likely just a stunt to draw interest towards his documentary. "This house is so evil it must be destroyed!"

• Like 6

I've watched Ghost Adventures and they seem to be pretty much on the level about things. Zak also seems to always care about the people he works with, so I'm suspecting that he tore it down because something pretty horrible happened.

Just my guess, of course, they could just be acting but doesn't seem that way.

• Like 2

I am not convinced to believe most of the demonic activity, which took place in that house to be real.

The story is far fetched, almost to the point of being either an idea for an upcoming movie etc or inspired from movies.

Paranormal investigator Zak Bagons an host and producer of the Ghost Adventures television show, buying the house/property. Says it all!

• Like 2

I couldn't believe it. If there was actually something in there, the tiniest hint that this was actually a true paranormal event, then to tear it down has to be the stupidest, most hair-brained act of sabotage to the world of paranormal investigation. Add to that the slap in the face to other investigators who would give their left testicle just for the experience.

No, I'm afraid this is another Amityville scam probably conjured up to cover the cost of the house that is now unsellable, or perhaps to mine some box-office gold.

• Like 3

Paranormal Investigator: I have some REALLY great footage of demons in a house! Clear as a bell.

Reporter: Oh my God, really?

Paranormal Investigator: Sure! Let me show you the footage.

Reporter: Wow! That is impressive and scary. Uh, where is this house?

Paranormal Investigator: I destroyed it.

Reporter: Umm, ok, sir. Umm, have a nice day. Bye.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 4

Paranormal Investigator: I have some REALLY great footage of demons in a house! Clear as a bell.

Reporter: Oh my God, really?

Paranormal Investigator: Sure! Let me show you the footage.

Reporter: Wow! That is impressive and scary. Uh, where is this house?

Paranormal Investigator: I destroyed it.

Reporter: Umm, ok, sir. Umm, have a nice day. Bye.

Reporter: But, wait a minute, what's the reason for the demolition of the house sir?

Paranormal investigator: "There was something there that was very dark yet highly intelligent and powerful"

• Like 2

Reporter: But, wait a minute, what's the reason for the demolition of the house sir?

Paranormal investigator: "There was something there that was very dark yet highly intelligent and powerful"

Reporter: If it is so powerful, won't it go somewhere else?

Paranormal investigator: No. It lived in the house. The house is destroyed therefor the ghost is destroyed.

This is fun. :clap:

• Like 1

But Zak kind of has every reason to demolish it... He already has his documentary in order, so right now all that house is is a liability. Curiosity seekers breaking and entering, squatters starting fires- potentially people scared of the rep of the house just burning it down out of fear. And it's not in a good neighborhood either. And now no one can disprove his "evidence".

Now, with all said and done... We shall see if Zaks investment was worth it. By the time he bought the place, set up the documentary, demolished the place.. and potentially the sale of the lot. He might have somewhere around fifty grand sunk into the project. More or less depending on what parts of the bill the channel is covering or not. IF, and this is a big if, the total return on the project is 100,000- that might make the initial investment worth it. Maybe enough so that a new genre of ghost TV show crops up- buy it, and either flip it or destroy it. Honestly, I bet some folks would pay to watch a haunted house get demolished, or at least the "interesting" parts of it, heh.

• Like 1

And now no one can disprove his "evidence".

Now, with all said and done... We shall see if Zaks investment was worth it.

I think you hit on the key parts of this.

I have to think if he was a true paranormal investigator and really believed this house was haunted and active, he would not have had it demolished.

• Like 2

I love Ghost Adventures, i'm in! I want to see this documentary!

• Like 2

Why tear it down? Was it structurally unstable? Just because a house is haunted, that doesn't mean that it needs to be torn down.

• Like 1

Why tear it down? Was it structurally unstable? Just because a house is haunted, that doesn't mean that it needs to be torn down.

Maybe part of the deal in buying it was to have his scoop and get rid of it. If this house was such a big deal for paranormal investigators then every night a new team would be there, annoying the neighbours, creating noise, turning up without permission and generally being a nuisance which eventually the police would be involved with and so on. Look at Skinwalker Ranch, private property that was invaded by anyone who felt like they wanted a cheap thrill (and Oliver Stones son).

• Like 1

How about that they might just be telling the truth:-))))),Should demolish the place plant trees then cut them down and burn them after 100 years clean the place and energies.If you think i am off the planet tree hugger i anit.Wish i could forget some of the stuff i have xpirienced.

I used to have a speak and spell that aliens used to communicate through.

I destroyed it because they wouldn't shut up.

:tsu:

• Like 3

Old houses are scary enough. Creaking noises, unsafe electrical hookups, things falling apart.