Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bright flash of light in my two of my houses

Jay1993

When I lived in my last house I was walking down the stairs, in pitch black as I got to the bottom a bright flash went off right in front of my face, like a camera flash, all my curtains were closed and it was late at night around 1-2am I have no idea what it could of been, I'd forgotten all about it till last night when in my new house id only moved to a couple of my months ago, my partner and I were lying in between around 12-1 when we both seen a flash of light once again all the curtains were closed so it wasn't anything from outside, I thought I might of just been seeing things 1st time but after seeing this light twice an my partner also seeing it I'm sure I wasn't, has anyone had any experience like this before or can anyone give me any clues to what it could be?

Thats how life is when living in a disused ICBM silo.

• Like 1

While these objects look like they are in front of your eye, they are actually floating inside it. What you see are the shadows they cast on the retina, the layer of cells lining the back of the eye that senses light and allows you to see. Floaters can appear as different shapes, such as little dots, circles, lines, clouds or cobwebs.

When the vitreous gel pulls on the retina, you may see what look like flashing lights or lightning streaks. These are called flashes. You may have experienced this same sensation if you have ever been hit in the eye and seen "stars." The flashes of light can appear off and on for several weeks or months.

This is my best guess.

• Like 2

I often see a bright light in the dark....it is the flash on the carbon monoxide alarm....all good cos we know it is working.

Do you have any alarms in your house?

Static charge maybe. My poor puppy just came up to me for attention and when I petted him a zap of static electricity got him right on the beak.

He's all p***ed off now.

What are the chances me an my partner would both see this flash at the same time?

Well, if there was a flash, the chances would be pretty high, I'd wager.

A decent flashgun will easily get through/around curtains. And there are quite a few sources for flashes other than photographers and prankstersand lightning, eg power transformer failures, even a car making a turn nearby or an alarm strobe light or faulty streetlamp. I've seen two of the transformer explosions (well, I've seen the flash that lit up my house on one occasion and the sky on the other..) and wow! There are also medical conditions and sympathetic/patronising girlfriends.. :D

Skip to 40 seconds in..

Edited by ChrLzs

That is interesting Jay. I have no idea what that could be at that hour of the night, especially the one in your bed room. BTW 93 was a good year

Have you looked on line (besides here) to see what that might signify as far as the paranormal goes?

Edited by preacherman76

While these objects look like they are in front of your eye, they are actually floating inside it. What you see are the shadows they cast on the retina, the layer of cells lining the back of the eye that senses light and allows you to see. Floaters can appear as different shapes, such as little dots, circles, lines, clouds or cobwebs.

When the vitreous gel pulls on the retina, you may see what look like flashing lights or lightning streaks. These are called flashes. You may have experienced this same sensation if you have ever been hit in the eye and seen "stars." The flashes of light can appear off and on for several weeks or months.

This is my best guess.

That's a good theory, but he mentioned that the second time it happened, both himself and his partner experienced the flash of light in their bedroom.

Edited by Hudds

What are the chances me an my partner would both see this flash at the same time? No we haven't got any alarms in are bedroom

Good question. Can you describe the intensity of the flash of light that you experienced the first, and both of you the second time?