Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] EVP Captured while Sleeping+growl

stevemagegod

http://media.dreamtalkrecorder.net.s3.amazonaws.com/20160211_004602_h6yZunzD246jq64.mp3

So guys I was just messing around with a app i downloaded from the apple app store called "Dream Talk" which records Sleep Talking. I have been using the app for a while now and found out that i will usually say 1 or 2 random words. Most of the recordings are just me tossing and turning around in my bed but the other night i captured this extra voice in the mix that wasn't mine. Which i find very interesting. You will hear me move my mouth and then what I believe it is saying

"I don't want it"

at 00:05 seconds followed by 2 really loud random barks in the background at 3 in the morning. I have been using this app now for a few days now and have around 80 recordings and out of those recordings this is the only unexplained voice i caught.

What do you guys think of the voice because it kinda creeps me out. Before I posted this I showed it to one of my buddies who is a skeptic with this stuff and he said he heard a voice in the recording but couldnt tell what it was saying. And you know friends will keep you honest and or will bust your balls for bsing them. I only figured out what it was saying after playing it again and again until i understood the speech pattern. If anyone has any special softeare and wants to take a look at the voice feel free to go right ahead.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 2

Oh god, I heard it, how creepy!!

• Like 1

it sounds to me that you was talking in your sleep then you roll over in your bed . And the growl sounds more like a snort ...

That's what it sounds like to me too.

• Like 1

Yep, hear it. But I thought the first words (in spoiler) were you. I know I often turn over just after waking myself up talking in my sleep.

But then, at the end, just after the rustling ends, another word which imo better fits the EVP profile...

Like "brother" only with an accent or odd pronunciation - braa-ther, brath-her, or broth-er.

• Like 1

Yep, hear it. But I thought the first words (in spoiler) were you. I know I often turn over just after waking myself up talking in my sleep.

But then, at the end, just after the rustling ends, another word which imo better fits the EVP profile...

Like "brother" only with an accent or odd pronunciation - braa-ther, brath-her, or broth-er.

Nice catch i didnt even hear that one

• Like 1

Nice catch i didnt even hear that one

Thanks. Calling out EVPs others didn't even hear at first is kinda my specialty. ;)

Edited by AZDZ
  • Like 1

it sounds to me that you was talking in your sleep then you roll over in your bed . And the growl sounds more like a snort ...

I thought that at first but i recently downloaded some software to help me clean up the tape a little bit and i amplified the sound to 400% and it is definitely not me. I also caught another voice like azdz said but i cant seem to make it out. But something is there as it shows on the graph according to the software.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/58tptmq4shi2eex/20160211_004602_h6yZunzD246jq64.mp3?dl=0

• Like 1

Very interesting captures, Stevemagegod.

Some members may be wondering how did the voices mysteriously manifested in recorded audio, without any other obvious cause, if it wasn't Stevemagegod sleep talking, but I believe that wasn't actually the case. What was really happening is that earthbound spirits tune themselves to manipulate low-frequency sound waves, as they travel to the recorders microphone. So, while their voices cannot be heard in a live recording session, they can be heard when played back with amplification.

Most spirits would like for you to believe that they really have scary and menacing voices, but in reality, they have no voices. Being spirits, they obviously lack the necessary physical anatomy to produce speech, and because of that they are forced to bend and distort pre-existing sound waves.

As a result, you will hear voices or sounds that you may well be familiar with, but in reality, all you hear is an imitation.

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1

Hey guys here is another evp i captured downstairs

http://media.dreamtalkrecorder.net.s3.amazonaws.com/20160220_052630_nlDunzNK5x.mp3

You will hear my dog get up and shake once and then hear another voice in the background. At about 2 seconds.

Another once captured the same night. At the very beginning you will a weird noise and then my dog get up.

http://media.dreamtalkrecorder.net.s3.amazonaws.com/20160220_041854_wIhmay3jNa.mp3

Hey guys here is another evp i captured downstairs

http://media.dreamtalkrecorder.net.s3.amazonaws.com/20160220_052630_nlDunzNK5x.mp3

You will hear my dog get up and shake once and then hear another voice in the background. At about 2 seconds.

Your dogs collar chain was very loud! lol.

I heard something after your dogs shake, which sounded like "what" and the second bit wasn't clear enough to understand. Maybe if edit out the dogs shake, and amplify the rest and then perhaps it may be clear?

• Like 1

Another once captured the same night. At the very beginning you will a weird noise and then my dog get up.

http://media.dreamtalkrecorder.net.s3.amazonaws.com/20160220_041854_wIhmay3jNa.mp3

The stutter effect noise at the starting, can pass for anything else than paranormal, unfortunately. :no:

• Like 1

The stutter effect noise at the starting, can pass for anything else than paranormal, unfortunately. :no:

Yo here is another EVP saying "O God". Captured at 5:24 am in the morning when no one was up. This was one out of 16 recordings made with the Dreamtalk app. That didn't fit the pattern of "Sleep Talking". As it sounds like it's in my house but loud enough to be captured upstairs.

http://bit.ly/1QsB3Ef

Yo here is another EVP saying "O God". Captured at 5:24 am in the morning when no one was up. This was one out of 16 recordings made with the Dreamtalk app. That didn't fit the pattern of "Sleep Talking". As it sounds like it's in my house but loud enough to be captured upstairs.

By telling us what we are suppose to hear, we will. It's commonly called "cognitive bias". If there isn't anyone monitoring who is awake at the time and there isn't an actual voice, I'm afraid I'd just move on. A common assumption by many is, if we can't figure out the source it HAS to be paranormal. Unfortunately that's truly faulty logic and the dismissive skeptics have every RIGHT to challenge it. Personally I'd recommend recording under conditions that have some type of control measure at least offered. Record while awake, monitor while recording, remove outside sources like people and pets and see what you come up with. Am I skeptic? Yes to a degree but I have captured some rather unexplainable snippets in the past. Just keep in mind that if you post them, they will be challenged and remember you're not out to prove to others what you believe, it's a matter of your own exploration that is most important.

• Like 1

By telling us what we are suppose to hear, we will. It's commonly called "cognitive bias". If there isn't anyone monitoring who is awake at the time and there isn't an actual voice, I'm afraid I'd just move on. A common assumption by many is, if we can't figure out the source it HAS to be paranormal. Unfortunately that's truly faulty logic and the dismissive skeptics have every RIGHT to challenge it. Personally I'd recommend recording under conditions that have some type of control measure at least offered. Record while awake, monitor while recording, remove outside sources like people and pets and see what you come up with. Am I skeptic? Yes to a degree but I have captured some rather unexplainable snippets in the past. Just keep in mind that if you post them, they will be challenged and remember you're not out to prove to others what you believe, it's a matter of your own exploration that is most important.

Ya sorry i was typing that post in my Kindle and forgot to do the spoiler code. I usually type this kind of stuff in my desktop. I actually want people to challenge what I find which is why I am posting it online in the 1st place. I seem to be having better luck at catching interesting clips late at night then when i am awake under controllable circumstances. I have done a lot of recordings at normal day time settings when no one is home to prevent unnecessary contamination. My dog is a very heavy "Sleep Barker", and I placed it downstairs to see when she starts having episodes. Also a few years ago my mom went to a psychic and said my dog was "sensitive" to the other side. And im not 100% sure on that but the recordings seem to indict that she is reacting to something in the distance whenever she gets up. I have also had "weird feelings" in that area while watching TV and stuff so i find it interesting what I am catching. Also I dont catch something every night so I find the chances of it being Paranormal are going up out of X recordings.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

By telling us what we are suppose to hear, we will. It's commonly called "cognitive bias". If there isn't anyone monitoring who is awake at the time and there isn't an actual voice, I'm afraid I'd just move on.

That's true, I agree.

Personally I'd recommend recording under conditions that have some type of control measure at least offered. Record while awake, monitor while recording, remove outside sources like people and pets and see what you come up with.

Indeed, EVP sessions should be done in a controlled quiet room, and preferably alone, while fully awake and sober minded.

I was to meaning to ask you, have you done any EVP sessions in your own home, and what was the outcome?

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1

Hopefully next time, you won't tell us the words you heard :)

I listened to this EVP, and the words sound like "O my God" and then repeated in a very muffled manner.

I was to meaning to ask you, have you done any EVP sessions in your own home, and what was the outcome?

I take it this was directed to the OP Hudds or was it to me?

I take it this was directed to the OP Hudds or was it to me?

No, the question was also for you.

Also a few years ago my mom went to a psychic and said my dog was "sensitive" to the other side. And im not 100% sure on that but the recordings seem to indict that she is reacting to something in the distance whenever she gets up. I have also had "weird feelings" in that area while watching TV and stuff so i find it interesting what I am catching. Also I dont catch something every night so I find the chances of it being Paranormal are going up out of X recordings.

I really wouldn't regard this as being specific. I could tell you the same about your dog being sensitive but unless the dog tells you personally, that should be avoided in belief. Weird feelings can account to many things. Admittedly we shouldn't disregard them but without some type of substantiating experience, it's mere speculation. Even if you get a real EVP one should also question whether it's nothing more than radio frequency interference. I've honestly only received three snippets where I can speculate it to be something in question. One of them when I heard my real name called out (first & last) in real time while two other occurrences where I had direct answers to questions heard in real time.