Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where to now ?

Bogeyman

Hello all

I haven't been on for a while because when i look in it's the same old argument between believers and sceptics. I've been a member since 2004 (i think) and it's a merrygoround of argument and counter argument. Here's my issue ....One day my cousin and i saw two orange/white lights hovering over my house...they moved round each other - with purpose, and took off with unbelievable speed. I've spoken about it many times here.

Almost ten years later i'm still no clearer on what they might have been....i know what they were not..

I'm not saying ET or anything else because i simply don't know, the closest i've seen in my research is ww2 foo fighters....this describes what i saw perfectly.

I'm not interested in arguing with the sceptics who say i didn't see anything.......i honestly don't care what anyone thinks anymore....i'm too old now for that ****. But it's very disheartening to see that the research hasn't moved an inch in all that time....Where to now ?

• Like 4

I have to agree with you on the argument issue.

Now with that said, I personally do not know of anything that moves or behaves like what you saw. I only wish I had seen it too.

Sounds like you've already gone through and ruled out all the usual arguments, ball lightning, planes, kites, flares, those floating candle things, space craft. The only other theory I've heard is of living entities (as of yet unknown) that in habit the upper regions of our stratosphere. I have not really explored this theory but I'm sure, if you found it intriguing enough, you could find something on the topic.

Good luck in your search for answers.

• Like 2

Does the Hessdalen project provide no clues for you? That honestly seems like quite some steps forward over the last decade and a half, we might still be looking for answers, but there is quite some data to look at. If I remember way back in the day, your sighting was Spheres wasn't it?

As long as people insist ET is here without proof, there will be debate. I do not think that concept is completely confined to this subject to be honest.

I have to agree with you on the argument issue.

Now with that said, I personally do not know of anything that moves or behaves like what you saw. I only wish I had seen it too.

Sounds like you've already gone through and ruled out all the usual arguments, ball lightning, planes, kites, flares, those floating candle things, space craft. The only other theory I've heard is of living entities (as of yet unknown) that in habit the upper regions of our stratosphere. I have not really explored this theory but I'm sure, if you found it intriguing enough, you could find something on the topic.

Good luck in your search for answers.

Yep have been through them all and believe me it's none of those bull**** explanations.....i'm also not convinced that it's ET , truth is i just don't know, that's my problem. I wish i'd never seen them and then i could naysay here and be happy with my subjective view of our world.

I'm sure of this ....they were observing. Why they were observing a couple of guys working on a house in rural Ireland, i have no idea....It is what it is i s'pose but at times it really get's to you to know WTF was that all about.

Does the Hessdalen project provide no clues for you? That honestly seems like quite some steps forward over the last decade and a half, we might still be looking for answers, but there is quite some data to look at. If I remember way back in the day, your sighting was Spheres wasn't it?

As long as people insist ET is here without proof, there will be debate. I do not think that concept is completely confined to this subject to be honest.

Yes the Hessdalen project also comes very close....but with Hessdalen the objects always seem to be "over there" instead of up close and personal. But yes the objects/lights look the same

• Like 1

Yes the Hessdalen project also comes very close....but with Hessdalen the objects always seem to be "over there" instead of up close and personal. But yes the objects/lights look the same

There seems to be quite a bit of activity into research into the earthlight field, which I think is a good thing, Professor Jack Pettigrew has put up a paper that he feel explains the Min Min phenomena here in Australia as well, his page is interesting, and might be worth a look.

Lost Shamans sighting was very close and personal, and he is really well on top of UAP, sending him an invite to the thread may be quite beneficial to your enquiry. One sharp cookie there.

LINK Professor Jack Pettigrew.

Edited by psyche101

Are you prepared for the possibility that you may never know? Or is your desire for an answer, any answer, going to cloud your objectivity?

Honest question by the way, I'm not poking at anyone here...

Are you prepared for the possibility that you may never know? Or is your desire for an answer, any answer, going to cloud your objectivity?

Honest question by the way, I'm not poking at anyone here...

If i was prepared to accept any answer i'd be sitting in the cupboard with a tinfoil hat on. Of course i may never know. The frustration comes from knowing it's real but is not being seriously investigated.

If i was prepared to accept any answer i'd be sitting in the cupboard with a tinfoil hat on. Of course i may never know. The frustration comes from knowing it's real but is not being seriously investigated.

Fair enough. :tu:

I would ask though, how would one go about a serious investigation of such an enigmatic and erratic phenomena? As has been mentioned Hessdalen has had some respectable results for phenomena similar to your experience however they are fortunate to be sitting in a 'hotspot'. For something that just seems to appear whenever or wherever, that does impose some serious obstacles in my opinion.

• Like 1

I bet funding is hard to come by though.

LINK - Earthlights

Edited by psyche101

I bet funding is hard to come by though.

Indeed, that too.

Fair enough. :tu:

I would ask though, how would one go about a serious investigation of such an enigmatic and erratic phenomena? As has been mentioned Hessdalen has had some respectable results for phenomena similar to your experience however they are fortunate to be sitting in a 'hotspot'. For something that just seems to appear whenever or wherever, that does impose some serious obstacles in my opinion.

Well as i've mentioned the Hessdalen lights always seem to be "over there" , these were above and close. When we stopped and paid attention ....they changed behaviour and took off......think of 100 feet above you to out of sight in less than 5 seconds...it was like that

Indeed, that too.

Definitely thinking along the same lines, I was also just pondering how the intermittent nature of the phenomena must make it a very difficult subject to study. Then you posted just that :D

• Like 1

Well as i've mentioned the Hessdalen lights always seem to be "over there" , these were above and close. When we stopped and paid attention ....they changed behaviour and took off......think of 100 feet above you to out of sight in less than 5 seconds...it was like that

I am sure I have heard similar descriptions associated with the Min Min phenomena. Some chase cars for many kilometers too.

Something perhaps a little like this?

I can only give you a scant account as it was so long ago. In 1954 late autumn early winter on a sheep property [Myall Plains] in mid NSW. On 2-3 occasions I and another hand observed a well-known Will o' the Wisp which was often seen moving along a timbered ridge. It was ... car headlight size and ... there was no beam or reflection, but the brightness made it impossible to really know its size. The light would suddenly appear and move slowly, it would gain speed and change direction as if it had hit a tree and then move off a at greater speed. These changes of speed and direction were too fast for man or vehicle and in any case some ... were vertical to heights of 50 feet which was just above tree height. The light would come back to ground before disappearing as suddenly as it appeared.

LINK

Edited by psyche101

those of us who've witnessed the phenomena don't doubt of it's/their existence. It may always be a mystery in our life time, but I am confident that at some time in the future it will be explained. It/they exist, so there must be a "scientific" explanation for it, our science just hasn't progressed enough yet to propose a reasonable theory. Remember, 200 years ago, scientists thought people became ill because of bad vapors or the 4 humors were out of balance.

• Like 3

Have a read through some of the accounts from Hessdalen if you haven't already, very interesting stuff. I haven't read through all of them yet though I did see several accounts where the 'object' was within a couple hundred meters (one at least within 100m) from the observer. I don't see any reason to think they couldn't be closer. Some reports even suggested that the lights were 'attending' them which I take to mean either interacting with the observer's presence or following them.

http://www.hessdalen.org/observations/

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 1

those of us who've witnessed the phenomena don't doubt of it's/their existence. It may always be a mystery in our life time, but I am confident that at some time in the future it will be explained. It/they exist, so there must be a "scientific" explanation for it, our science just hasn't progressed enough yet to propose a reasonable theory. Remember, 200 years ago, scientists thought people became ill because of bad vapors or the 4 humors were out of balance.

If you've seen similar phenomena to the OP could you share your experience or point me to that information if you have already? I'd be interested to hear it. :tu:

• Like 1

I think doubting the existence of Earthlights would be pretty fruitless, places like Hessdalen, Marfa and Biloela have provided to much supporting data.

Hello all

I haven't been on for a while because when i look in it's the same old argument between believers and sceptics. I've been a member since 2004 (i think) and it's a merrygoround of argument and counter argument. Here's my issue ....One day my cousin and i saw two orange/white lights hovering over my house...they moved round each other - with purpose, and took off with unbelievable speed. I've spoken about it many times here.

Almost ten years later i'm still no clearer on what they might have been....i know what they were not..

I'm not saying ET or anything else because i simply don't know, the closest i've seen in my research is ww2 foo fighters....this describes what i saw perfectly.

I'm not interested in arguing with the sceptics who say i didn't see anything.......i honestly don't care what anyone thinks anymore....i'm too old now for that ****. But it's very disheartening to see that the research hasn't moved an inch in all that time....Where to now ?

I have photos about four(?) sphere light balls over my house...they moved round each other too:

http://ufo-spacelife.blogspot.co.nz/2011/04/sphere-ufos-released-small-orbs.html

this is how they make me start night time ufo hunting: they came for my attention

• Like 1

this is how they make me start night time ufo hunting: they came for my attention

Try daytime hunting. You may be surprised.

Yep have been through them all and believe me it's none of those bull**** explanations.....i'm also not convinced that it's ET , truth is i just don't know, that's my problem. I wish i'd never seen them and then i could naysay here and be happy with my subjective view of our world.

I'm sure of this ....they were observing. Why they were observing a couple of guys working on a house in rural Ireland, i have no idea....It is what it is i s'pose but at times it really get's to you to know WTF was that all about.

It's possible that it may not be ET. We just don't have any idea. I'm running into the same dilemma with the Cattle mutilation phenomena. Some unseen force is at play but it's a bit of a stretch to jump to the conclusion that it's ET's.

UFO's yes because they are seen just like Bogeyman saw them. Are they some form of planetary energy or life form? Is this why people report USO's in the ocean, and UFO's disappearing into mountains or volcanoes?

Is it some agent acting on behalf of the planet, carrying out some duty?

Has it always been here and it's only recently that it is making itself known to us?

Who knows but I can say with total certainty that we as a race are totally ignorant of what is flying around in our skies.

Try daytime hunting. You may be surprised.

I started daytime ufo hunting on 30 JULY 2005 and got my first ufo photo too, night hunting on 12 Aug 2005 and got three pcitures and three videos.

they must been visited me before I start taking picture. most pictures on my blog belong to day time hunting.

It's possible that it may not be ET

most of them are not ET, but when humanoid flying on the sky, ufo light balls always appeared that looks like a party. and those orbs are very clever, they made many projects to conviceed ( or showed ) me.

Edited by Star Man

I have photos about four(?) sphere light balls over my house...they moved round each other too:

http://ufo-spacelife...small-orbs.html

The top two photo's ....I googled orange sphere lights and i got this

http://scwaring.type...uly-1-2011.html

This is what i/we saw ......so i know this is an actual photo/video . Take this as a given and explain.

BTW....these were filmed at night , our sighting was on a hot sunny July day.....but the same things...so i don't know

Edited by Bogeyman

i saw two orange/white lights hovering over my house...they moved round each other - with purpose, and took off with unbelievable speed

According to your quoted, they could be sphere ufos:

http://ufo-spacelife.blogspot.com/2011/06/sphere-ufo.html

and they could be many things, mostly they are not the craft.

how high did they fly above your roof's top and size? In my encounter: each their size about 15cm(?) high 25 meters(?)