Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doctors bring woman back from the dead

Still Waters

An Australian woman has lived to tell the tale after being brought back to life from being clinically dead for 42 minutes, doctors said on Monday.

Mother-of-two Vanessa Tanasio, 41, was rushed to Monash Medical Centre in Melbourne last week after a major heart attack, with one of her main arteries fully blocked.

She went into cardiac arrest and was declared clinically dead soon after arrival.

http://uk.news.yahoo...35.html#vaG2Hw2

• Like 3

They used a new machine to keep blood flowing to her brain, hence she is fine now.

This is why I love science.

• Like 2

I saw the news report for this. The machine is like an automatic CPR and pumps down on a chest. She received some bruising but that's nothing to pay for life.

And again 42 pops up. "the answer to life the universe and everything"

• Like 1

I saw the news report for this. The machine is like an automatic CPR and pumps down on a chest. She received some bruising but that's nothing to pay for life.

Imagine the next generation/s of this machine - it could get small enough and it is a basic enough principle that we could have one on stand by in our home - particularly those with known heart problems / heart disease.

Simply brilliant.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 2

Guess Josey Wales was wrong when he said, "Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy."

EDIT: "snip"

Wrong thread for my comment.

Edited by pallidin

This is absolutely amazing, I also love science, it is astounding at the things we can do.

It does also cause a little worry in the back of my mind about how far we have come with medical science and how we are now prolonging life for so many people (which of course is a great thing!) but world population (over population) is a scary thing.

That sounds like an odd experence. This is when you can get first hand info on what happens after you die.

A very bad situation turned out well. I'm glad for her and her children. Science would be much more helpful if we would research the right things.

That sounds like an odd experence. This is when you can get first hand info on what happens after you die.

Whlist this story shows what can be achieved with new technological advancements in medical procedures, it also calls into question whether the term "clinical dead" should be revised,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as clearly this lady didn't actually die she just fufilled the current definition of "clinical dead".

It wasn't so long ago that people were decalred dead when their heart stopped.........but now we know that whilst a stopped heart can induce death it is certainly not at the point where a patient actually dies.

The same applies to this lady her condition would certainly induce death.........but it wasn't the point where she actually died.