Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your favorite ghost show?

Fatal

By ghost show, I mean those shows where they investigate hauntings and stuff.

I used to really like Paranormal State, but not so much anymore. It just kind of feel like that show is the same thing every episode. That, and they never catch any particularly interesting evidence. Alot of the time, it seems like what they experience is just feelings they get and that can just get kind of boring.

Recently, I've gotten into Ghost Adventures. Now, this show is interesting. They get alot of stuff that seems authentic to me. Paranormal State feels kind of scripted and fake at times. This show really doesn't feel like it. Not to me, anyway.

I've heard good things about the show Ghost Hunters, but I really never tried to get into it for some reason. How is it?

• Like 1

We've had assorted ghosthunting shows on Brit TV in recent years, so boring that I can't even remember their names.

Even the host of one of them (Yvette Fielding) said earlier this year that she was quitting because nothing ever happened!

Basically she takes groups of people (including celebs) around haunted places, there's lots of silly screaming and panicky yelling by everybody but no ghost ever puts in an appearance.

ghost adventures. Zac is a douche, but the show is entertaining.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trick question? Of course it is or isn't it? I have been watching these shows way, WAY, too long to try and keep score as to whose is best, worst,close to being accurate or the most absurd, etc., etc., etc,. The fact that we take time to view these shows does little to prove that we have migrated from dwellers on jungle floors to dwellers in jungle branches. WE HAVEN'T!!! ;);) Now come on "Spanky", who really cares? Probably over 80% of those able to or capable to voice an opinion or both that aren't mutually exclusive.BTW, you have no idea how quaint you look all dressed-up a turkey yesterday. About as "quaint" as that "Fud" guy trying to put you away and take you home for dinner.

I like Ghost Hunters. There's that other show, Ghost Hunters Academy but that's kind of stupid. I really don't like the pair of Dave Tango and Steve Gonsalves. They just don't seem very sensitive to the situations and seem kind of "know-it-all-ish" :lol: . I could be wrong, I've only seen them a few times. I do like the other guys, Jason and Grant. They're professional and they also "seem" to care about the cases they investigate.

I watched Paranormal State when it first started but it seemed too much like a school project and wasn't that interesting.

I had been getting into Ghost Hunters quite a bit, years after the show Sightings had been canned and I had discovered that it got "popular" to put on TV again. Plus, Kris Williams is pretty hot, and that helps. :) However, I've seen quite a bit in various corners of the internet, showing that perhaps Ghost Hunters started out legit, but started in with the fakery in order to make the show more exciting.

Honestly, I think being in a place for only a few hours, lights out or not, is not usually enough to collect as much evidence as they do. Events seem to be random, except people perhaps that are always in an environment, as in living at a haunted location.

As for Zak, I wouldn't call him a d-bag, just a guy perhaps who likes a little attention... he seems a touch odd, then again almost anyone open to the paranormal is perhaps, "odd" since it seems to be normal to ridicule such people. Anyhow, from my diggings on the internet the show Paranormal Adventures seems to have the least suspicion cast on it, whether you like the cast or not.

I saw one episode online of Paranormal State and it seems like the absolute worst drivel on television, sorry to those who like it, maybe I am "old" at 34 and out of touch. It also seems to get the most hits for absolutely being 150% fraudulent.

Edited by agentgpf

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy Paranormal State simply for the fact that Ryan and his crew seem the most honest and least sensational among the various programs. Not that they ever capture much evidence, and I agree that most of the shows are starting to feel the same. Also, Chip Coffey is a melodramatic cheeseball. As for Ghost Adventures, I would have to say it is the most entertaining because of Zak's personality, but to me, their only evidence seems to consist of EVP's that never sound like anything until they play them over and over and tell you what to hear with their subtitles. Ghost Hunters is on about the same level for me. On a whole, I continue to watch, hoping maybe someday one of them will come up with something really intriguing, but for the most part I just take it as entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I would have to say Ghost Hunters is my favorite, mainly just because of Kris Williams, she is ppprrrreeeettttttttyyyyyy! Anyway, I don't really believe much of what any of them, meaning ghost shows in general, catch is authentic, and I am sure some is faked here and there. Come on, it's TV people. Some of the evidence is interesting I guess. As far as paranormal state is concerned, I really don't understand how anyone can take this show seriously. The main guy, Ryan I think, has the personality of a dirty sock not to mention this crew must be a freakin demon magnet because every single place they go to is infested with horrible demons hell bent on human possesion and destruction. Riiiggghhhhtttt! Not to mention some of their clients have already come out and said the whole thing is set up for TV, and last but not least he involves the help of one of the biggest hoaxers of all time Loraine Warren herself. Anything that woman is involved in is crap. Ghost Adventures is entertaining enough I guess, if just from a comical stand point. I don't think they really investigate much, seeing as two of them are usually possesed by some entity most of the time and that third guy, you know the one that has that "I am scared ****less" look on his face the entire time, is usually, well, too scared to do anything constructive.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

By ghost show, I mean those shows where they investigate hauntings and stuff.

I used to really like Paranormal State, but not so much anymore. It just kind of feel like that show is the same thing every episode. That, and they never catch any particularly interesting evidence. Alot of the time, it seems like what they experience is just feelings they get and that can just get kind of boring.

Recently, I've gotten into Ghost Adventures. Now, this show is interesting. They get alot of stuff that seems authentic to me. Paranormal State feels kind of scripted and fake at times. This show really doesn't feel like it. Not to me, anyway.

I've heard good things about the show Ghost Hunters, but I really never tried to get into it for some reason. How is it?

Here's the thing - if I had to pick one out as my "favorite" (Meaning the one that get's my eyeballs if I see it on) it's probably "Ghost Hunters" with TAPS. Personally I think it's a train wreck and not at all reliable... and the people on it are (for the most part) kind of annoying. BUT... there is a "Car Wreck" type allure to it nowadays that still attracts my attention.

I used to read the books by TAPS, the team in Ghost Hunters, and I respected them thinking they were pretty reasonable and logical, I thought they were legit. Anyways I went onto youtube and looked up the show, one of the first things that popped up was a video of all the mistakes they made faking activity in episodes. There was one specifically where one of the investigators was using a real time EVP recorder, which basically means you can record then immediately playback the last portion of recording at the push of a button. However when he tried to play it it didn't work, he turns his back to the camera but you can still see his hands and his thumb is doing a scrolling motion like he was flipping through tracks on an mp3 player. It took him a few minutes to find it and when he played it back, sure enough there was a loud, clear EVP. It was pathetic, and I have lost a lot if not all of my respect in TAPS.

Ghost Adventures is a bit annoying because of how loud and worked up they get about activity when it occurs. But it is still my favorite, here's why. In a live episode of Ghost Adventures there is a guest investigator with them, and as they walk down the hallway, the EMF detector he is holding flies into the air inexplicably. The guest investigator claimed a spirit pulled it out of his hands and he didn't move at all to cause it. The guys on the show got super excited because, that would have been cool to document. However, after the live event ended, they made a wrap up episode for it and took very specific actions to make sure viewers knew that they went back and researched the footage. And yes, you could most definitely see this guy's arm move in a throwing motion. But they admitted it was faked and said that they were very disappointed in how many people do that to make a mockery of paranormal claims. If the rest of the show was faked they would have just pushed it as being paranormal and wouldn't have gone back to show everyone the flaw. And just my personal opinion but I think the show gets as lot of activity (for an overnight investigation) and I believe it's because they do not go to regular residential bump in the night hunts, they find the places with the absolute most negative energy, and horrible histories they can find. Honestly if you are trying to get evidence of the paranormal wouldn't you choose the place with the biggest reputation as haunted and the most reports of activity, as opposed to trying to find "new" haunted locations?

Paranormal State does seem like a more level headed investigation team though, since they don't scream and run around after each anomaly.

ghost adventures. Zac is a douche, but the show is entertaining.

This, exactly!! It's a very entertaining show, but you have to know going in that they are believers, not skeptics. Rarely do they debunk anything, it seems mainly they are looking to reinforce the idea some place is haunted.

I used to like the investigation shows like Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, etc. What interests me more now are shows like Celebrity Ghost Stories or Ghostly Encounters. I find it interesting to just hear someone recounting the story without the show adding more drama ( Hauntings for example exaggerates the stories in my opinion ). I find it interesting to just hear the story in their own words and see it re-enacted as they describe it.

• Like 1

All seem pretty much lame and I haven't seen one that the science doesn't suck, the acting is poor, if one calls it acting, the hours are stupid to sit up and watch any t.v. show, including nudity,places no one has never heard from, or you get back nasty replies saying basically, "where you want us to investigate as a stupid suggestion", an actual quote, and other verbage I can't include. :yes:

The science in the shows only suck because the paranormal is not a definite science, everything is experimental as far as the technology is concerned. Just telling you that you can't say someone's "science sucks" if it's not considered a science. And for the record actors work off of scripts, I should know I am one. They don't learn how to use investigation equipment and run their lives around paranormal investigating, if they are actors they act, period. And you can tell if someone in a show is an actor by looking up their film and stage credits...it's very easy to do and very hard to lie about.

I love Ghost Adventures, they've got some scary episodes going on. When they go into the Texas Slaughterhouse(NS?) and some haunted Hotel in Ireland. Those are creepy!

One that usually flies under the radar is "Haunted" on Discovery Channel. That is a good show and good at building up suspense and the actors aren't bad at all. It's pretty cool.

Ghost Whisperer is good, but boring after a few episodes. It's repetetive. "I have a gift..." etc...

Animal Planet's The Haunted is hands-down my favorite paranormal show as of right now, lol. It's great.

I'd have to say Ghost Lab for its comedic value. The only way they know to investigate the paranormal is by screaming and insulting the ghosts.

Honestly I am not a fan of any of the ghost hunting shows. I think they are all for ratings.

Yesterday I stumbled upon Animal Planet's The Haunted for the first time. It was on all day. It was refreshing to see something different, because this show focuses on the first hand accounts of the people involved and not a repeat crew with investigating. Almost every episode featured a family that called a paranormal investigative team though, and never the same one twice, so it was really neat to see the different techniques for approaching a haunting.

I first started watching Ghost Hunters when it was on, and I liked that one a lot, but I don't seem to catch it anymore. I've started watching Ghost Adventures whenever it's on and I really like that. I didn't like it at first because they have the cut scenes with everyone acting out what the story is about. They seem to have a ton of EVPs but most of the time they're hard to decipher.

I've never seen Paranormal State but I'd love to try something new.

Animal Planet's The Haunted is hands-down my favorite paranormal show as of right now, lol. It's great.

Yes that's the one I meant. Good show.

This, exactly!! It's a very entertaining show, but you have to know going in that they are believers, not skeptics. Rarely do they debunk anything, it seems mainly they are looking to reinforce the idea some place is haunted.

GHOST LAB AND GHOST HUNTERS !!!!!!!!!!!