Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loud Bang Before Falling Asleep

CRYSiiSx2

I was wondering if anyone else has this happen to them. When going to sleep, just before I doze off I will hear a loud bang. It sounds deep in tone, there has even been times where I've gotten up to check my door to see if someone was knocking. I never really used to have it, but lately it's almost every single time I go to sleep. I know it's in my head when I hear it, as I've asked people if they heard that.

Anyway, anyone else get this?

I've experienced this before as well but I would classify mine more as a loud pop

It happen's when you are between a dream and waking state, apparently;y.

It's classified as exploding head syndrom.

You are just catching a piece of a larger transitional phenomenon. If you can balance your mind in the right spot you will hear an incredibly loud noise, that can transition into other things, including your body pulsing with energy.

http://sleepmo.com/exploding-head-syndrome/

• Like 2

Exploding head syndrome, well that's a relief, thought it might of been something serious. It's a loud bang for me and a blue flash. I was told a loud bang before falling asleep meant a brain tumour.

Exploding head syndrome, well that's a relief, thought it might of been something serious. It's a loud bang for me and a blue flash. I was told a loud bang before falling asleep meant a brain tumour.

Hahaha that almost sounds funny given the dramatic term "exploding head", but no it's not serious. It's something that happens everytime you sink in awareness to sleep, it's just some people's awareness lingers a bit so they are concious of the transitions.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Hi, this is my first post. Several years ago, I started hearing 3 knocks at my door or above my bed head board. It happened for several months and I believe I was going crazy. I was away for a business meeting and while in the hotel room, the knocks got so lound, I got

Edited by Vie

Sorry, iPads buttons are small. To finish my post. The knocking at the door got so lound, I got out of bed, opened the door and said what do you want.

It was the last time I heard the knocking.

Lately, I starting connecting the dots. Seeing blue light going into the mirror at night in my daughters room.

Seeing black shadows and hearing black shadows in my new home. At the table, going up my stairs.

Seeing faces when I was younger in my window starring at me at night. Up until few months ago, i believe someone was leaping in my window.

I have seen things move next to me that I can not explain.

One night I had a dream, where a white spirit gave me a message to share with my mother. I gave her the message. She started crying.

I had another nightmare, where I saw a man hurt an individual. The next morning I put gas in my car and he walked out of the store. I could not believe my eye the man I dreamed about was standing in front of me.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry, iPads buttons are small. To finish my post. The knocking at the door got so lound, I got out of bed, opened the door and said what do you want.

Lately, I starting connecting the dots. Seeing blue light going into the mirror at night in my daughters room.

Seeing black shadows and hearing black shadows in my new home. At the table, going up my stairs.

Seeing faces when I was younger in my window starring at me at night. Up until few months ago, i believe someone was leaping in my window.

One night I had a dream, where a white spirit gave me a message to share with my mother. I gave her the message. She started crying.

I had another nightmare, where I saw a man hurt an individual. The next morning I put gas in my car and he walked out of the store. I could not believe my eye the man I dreamed about was standing in front of me.

Hi vie. You will be alright. You should learn to control your altered states. A sleep study will rule out medical issues, but i have been through these things aswell. A meditation practice will help tremendously, but you are one of those crossroads. blue pill or red pill. You can try and surpress these things or you can answer it and work with it. You are not the only one. I promise.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Research these things for your own knowledge to make your own decisions.

Shamanic Awakening

Transpersonal emergence/emergency

Bipolar hullucinstions ( just in case you have other symptoms for this)

Sleep disorders.

The previous comment about the loud knocks and the visions is really creepy. It's alright though, I didn't plan on sleeping tonight anyways :P

#why is separately spelt all together, but all together isn't spelt all together?

Thank you so much for theinfo on this. It's nice to have a name to the occurrence

• 2 weeks later...

Some will believe they can glimpse into the future but the flow of time might not be at all linear. Dreaming of someone then seeing them later for the first time does not preclude that seeing them for the first time could have happened first, before the dream, regardless of the illusion of past/present/future.

Maybe it is not us who is special (seeing into the future when so few can claim to have done so) but time itself which is special.

Then again, seeing someone in our town without actually focusing in on them, dreaming of them, then seeing them again and focusing could very well be linear.

The previous comment about the loud knocks and the visions is really creepy. It's alright though, I didn't plan on sleeping tonight anyways

#why is separately spelt all together, but all together isn't spelt all together?

#why that is a good question.

And yes, very creepy, when this happened to me a few times it was not a good feeling at all, very disorienting. Of course I thought it was demonic at the time because that is what I used to believe, could be a variety of reasons, the way we translate it will depend upon what information we have come across and absorbed before, one theory is not necessarily better than another. A multi-variety open-ended approach is what I prefer, most likely my mind caused it, sleeping patterns, which by no means rules out other meaning I could derive from it, dual-explanations are great, but only in due time will a more clear answer form if it is important to have one. Some are just too willing to want to give every experience clear and defined boundaries as soon as they experience something.

Demonslol

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

I was wondering if anyone else has this happen to them. When going to sleep, just before I doze off I will hear a loud bang. It sounds deep in tone, there has even been times where I've gotten up to check my door to see if someone was knocking. I never really used to have it, but lately it's almost every single time I go to sleep. I know it's in my head when I hear it, as I've asked people if they heard that.

Anyway, anyone else get this?

I did, as a matter of fact.

One night, I was laying in bed with the lights off, then I was shocked by a very loud bang from somewhere in the room.

I think it had something to do with the ceiling.

It only happened once, but I think it's just the house, although I don't know what caused it.

It's classified as exploding head syndrom.

You are just catching a piece of a larger transitional phenomenon. If you can balance your mind in the right spot you will hear an incredibly loud noise, that can transition into other things, including your body pulsing with energy.

http://sleepmo.com/e...-head-syndrome/

That's so odd. A lot of times when I'm about to fall asleep, I feel like I'm falling and I wake up with a jump thinking I fell out of bed. But I never heard a loud bang except on one occasion, and I didn't have the sensation of falling. Maybe the bang I heard came from somewhere in the room.

I also felt sensation of terror after I heard the bang, probably because I was startled, and I just lay in bed for a while, trying to think where it came from.

Edited by Mnemonix