Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

dream drawings

automatic drawing dream drawing spirit drawing

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

5:55

• 3,166 posts

• No two caterpillars share the same cocoon.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

POPULAR

Hi guys. I do something called dream drawing, which is automatic drawing. It is what Jung did when creating his mandalas I believe. To me they are like poems but they are really more like dreams.  This is the same type of therapy work psychologist use to try to get into kids minds.  Anyway I will post some here.. if you do this type of drawing feel free to post it on this thread. If you would like to try dream drawing, it is fun and easy to do. It is interesting trying to interpret your mind...

Dream drawing is completely uncontrolled, you put your pen to paper and let your semi subconscious mind do all the work. Think of nothing just draw... over time you will notice symbology in your own work and will help you identify these things in your actual dreams. Knowing your own symbology will help you relate your inner and outer worlds and in my opinion give you esoteric insight...

Peace and blessings..

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are up to each of your own individual interpretation.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,731 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Did you recently experienced the unexpected pleasure of getting in touch with a long lost loved one ?

The knower and the known are one. Simple people imagine that they should see God, as if He stood there and they here. This is not so. God and I, we are one in knowledge. ~ Eckhart

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,890 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

In the second one i see the higherself and soul connection with the counterpart/twin soul -  'united as one' on the soul level.

Very nice :tu:

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#4    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,235 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Those are beautiful. Seriously I can't stop looking at them. I'm  seeing a theme of awakening with touches of feminin felion energy.  ( its common for there to be half part animal and part human concepts rolling aroud up there)  There is confusion here. Like you don't know what to do with the energies/knowledge/stirrings that you feel, yet there is also an evolution  from abstract or undetailed to clear or precise. Almost like an embryo becoming a baby.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#5    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,166 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Those are beautiful. Seriously I can't stop looking at them. I'm  seeing a theme of awakening with touches of feminin felion energy.  ( its common for there to be half part animal and part human concepts rolling aroud up there)  There is confusion here. Like you don't know what to do with the energies/knowledge/stirrings that you feel, yet there is also an evolution  from abstract or undetailed to clear or precise. Almost like an embryo becoming a baby.

How did you pick up on the cat? There are birds, a rabbit and snakes in these pics but no cat. A LOT of my work does have cats in it though, cats are very symbolic for me.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#6    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,166 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 08 May 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Did you recently experienced the unexpected pleasure of getting in touch with a long lost loved one ?

View Postthird_eye, on 08 May 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Probably like my innerself or something.

#7    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,235 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 08 May 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

How did you pick up on the cat? There are birds, a rabbit and snakes in these pics but no cat. A LOT of my work does have cats in it though, cats are very symbolic for me.
I did not think you did it on purpose. Often the therinthrope emerges from our subconscious especially in art or altered states of conciousness. The eyes and eyebrows of your figures give me impressions of cats. There is definantly a felion spirit underneath it all. :)

Edited by Seeker79, 08 May 2013 - 03:25 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#8    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

" to me " it seems a person torn between too many faces and personality and choices but they all lead to the same result
good drawings though they're artistic

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#9    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Nonexistant

• 3,606 posts

• Love me or leave me.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 08 May 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

Hi guys. I do something called dream drawing, which is automatic drawing. It is what Jung did when creating his mandalas I believe. To me they are like poems but they are really more like dreams.  This is the same type of therapy work psychologist use to try to get into kids minds.  Anyway I will post some here.. if you do this type of drawing feel free to post it on this thread. If you would like to try dream drawing, it is fun and easy to do. It is interesting trying to interpret your mind...

Dream drawing is completely uncontrolled, you put your pen to paper and let your semi subconscious mind do all the work. Think of nothing just draw... over time you will notice symbology in your own work and will help you identify these things in your actual dreams. Knowing your own symbology will help you relate your inner and outer worlds and in my opinion give you esoteric insight...

Peace and blessings..

%20http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q723/seattlelovli1/Mobile%20Uploads/20130507_222906_zps19e8483f.jpg?t=1367992353

%20http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q723/seattlelovli1/Mobile%20Uploads/20130507_225551-2_zpscc0a6458.jpg?t=1367992663

These are up to each of your own individual interpretation.

These are excellent. The multiplicity in both is evident, the single individual portrayed has four minds, or four energies in their mind.

Wish I could decipher who these four beings are. The archangels come to mind. Then the Fates. Yet neither make a perfect four as if one is missing among them?

The first drawing seems straight forward, looking at us face on.

The second is from a back view, and shows the process, of the mind being split into two, one rising, then becoming four or perhaps it is the one meeting the four.

Very religious infographic.

#10    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

I like the symmetry .
Reminds me of Art Nouveau and also of Peter Max.
The method you described is the way I'm most comfortable working with.
Great work!
Keep it up!

#11    Welch

Welch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

SpiritWriter, I love your work! It's incredibly powerful, especially the first one. Could you please provide some more info on how to dream draw? You got me really interested here...And now that I think of it, each time I just start drawing without really having a concept before, I end up drawing very similar stuff, and some 'symbols' show up in nearly all my drawings... I don't know if it's dream drawing though. Oh and if you could post some more of your works, I'd enjoy seeing them :)

#12    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Nonexistant

• 3,606 posts

• Love me or leave me.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

I wish I could just draw. That is probably a prerequisite to dream draw. There are these automatic scribbles but nothing as beautiful as this.

I can see (:

Many times what is seen to me are deer-type creatures. I see them everywhere. Wonder if the stag is a universal symbol found in so many other patterns.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 22 May 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#13    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

I have never heard of Dream Drawing before. I'll have to try it out some time. Do you put your self in a trance, or wait till you fall a sleep with a pen and sketch pad in hand before you start drawing?

Edited by stevemagegod, 23 May 2013 - 02:33 AM.

#14    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,305 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

fantastic.. I'm drawn to certain parts of these that resonate..
I see you've drawn the Merkaba again, And the Vesica Piscis, lol, looks like the eyes of a feline.  

Think I'm going to give this a go.

#15    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,166 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

View PostWelch, on 21 May 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

SpiritWriter, I love your work! It's incredibly powerful, especially the first one. Could you please provide some more info on how to dream draw? You got me really interested here...And now that I think of it, each time I just start drawing without really having a concept before, I end up drawing very similar stuff, and some 'symbols' show up in nearly all my drawings... I don't know if it's dream drawing though. Oh and if you could post some more of your works, I'd enjoy seeing them :)

Its ok if you begin with scribbles, sometimes my drawings are very hideous and I don't really feel like sharing them, maybe I will give an example but what happens if you keep going you add on top of it and get something out of it and it gets more and more detailed, it is as if the dream emerges from the initial lines. Sometimes I will stop a drawing all together and come back to it later, at first it looks like nothing at all but then when I come back to it the next day, or whenever, I add to it and easily something emerges.

Welch, as for instructions are concerned it really is as as easy as I've described. You have to be relaxed and in a meditative state, think of nothing at all and do not force anything, purely let your hand guide the drawing, sure your mind has something to do with it, but it isn't thinking in advance, just stroke by stroke you are going forward. If you feel like your beginning to force something flip the page and begin a new drawing and then come back to the old one later.

The process for me has everything to do with layering, the first layer may look like strokes, dots, lines, curves. Its kind of like making out stuff by looking at the clouds on a dreamy day. Generally I call this process "drawing in the Spirit". If you are familiar at all with praying in the spirit or singing in the spirit the concept should be easy for you, if not you can try singing in the spirit before you try dream drawing, this is the state you should be in, a submitted state to your spiritual self. It is more than meditating because you are exurting something but similar to meditating because you are letting the images speak to you as they emerge. It is like energy going back and forth between you and your drawing. It is totally ok if it doesn't look good. It is all about whats inside your dream. I find use of symetry has helped me.

I will post some more examples later, but I hoped that answered any questions you had. I looked up dream drawing and automatic drawing on the internet and there are a lot of examples...

feel free to post some of yours as well! :)

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 22 May 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

I wish I could just draw. That is probably a prerequisite to dream draw. There are these automatic scribbles but nothing as beautiful as this.

I can see (:

Many times what is seen to me are deer-type creatures. I see them everywhere. Wonder if the stag is a universal symbol found in so many other patterns.

thats for you too Britney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users