Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alarming water loss in Middle East,

docyabut2

I guess they had better do like Israel and invest in desalination plants. Expensive I guess but it beats the alternative and it's not like they don't have the cash.

I guess they had better do like Israel and invest in desalination plants. Expensive I guess but it beats the alternative and it's not like they don't have the cash.

Massively expensive in terms of their long term climate impacts. Desalination plants create massive carbon emissions which in turn leads to climate change which will make for greater desertification in those areas running low onn water. Treating water as an infinite resource without consequence is the real issue here. We all waste massively to much fresh water because we have been taught thats acceptable to simply flush it down the drain.

What will become of all those expensive desalination plants when oil doubles in price again ?

Br Cornelius

Just as we are experiencing climate change here on Earth, there is evidence that other planets in our solar system are and have been undergoing even more significant climate change.

I think there will come a time when water is more rare than oil, and thus more valuable.

• Like 3

Just as we are experiencing climate change here on Earth, there is evidence that other planets in our solar system are and have been undergoing even more significant climate change.

I think there will come a time when water is more rare than oil, and thus more valuable.

There will be enough water, just not there where people need it.

Massively expensive in terms of their long term climate impacts. Desalination plants create massive carbon emissions which in turn leads to climate change which will make for greater desertification in those areas running low onn water. Treating water as an infinite resource without consequence is the real issue here. We all waste massively to much fresh water because we have been taught thats acceptable to simply flush it down the drain.

What will become of all those expensive desalination plants when oil doubles in price again ?

Br Cornelius

There are other methods than these energy guzzling plants in use nowadays, solar desalination (as used in small scales in the Canary Islands) could be an option. reverse osmosis powered by wind turbines another. Just the initial investment would be a little higher.

Show some evidence for consistent climate change across the solar system which cannot be attributable to orbital systems. Its warming in the Northern hemisphere than it was two months ago, I wonder why ??

Br Cornelius

Could be the reason why there are some people/companies buying up all or a majority of the land surrounding the freshwater lakes in USA...

you are kidding guys?, in Saudi Arabia oil is cheaper than water, 1 liter of oil cost 0.12 $ , while 1 liter of water cost 0.45 $

you can give them one barrel of water and they give you two barrels of oil

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul
  • Like 1

How about that? Faux News finally got something right!

Ground water depletion is a problem in many parts of the world, mostly due to simple over-use and mismanagement. It's going to be a problem in the US, too. The Ogalalah, Snake River and Imperial Valley aquifers (our big three) are all dropping.

Desalinization is the solution, but it is expensive. Most of the world's worst depletion problems are in semi-desert areas where there's lots of wind and sunshine. Even a small current is enough to run a desalinization process, so even a small windmill could do the job. What if the wind's not blowing? That's what reservoirs are for.

Doug

Br Cornelius

Don't power them with oil.

Doug

Show some evidence for consistent climate change across the solar system which cannot be attributable to orbital systems. Its warming in the Northern hemisphere than it was two months ago, I wonder why ??

Br Cornelius

I was remiss in not mentioning that I just read that last week in David Wilcock's book, The Source Field Investigations, which I have now finished.

Near the end he cites sources from NASA and other scientific places, that for the last 10 years or so(?) the climates on other planets, as we observe them, have changed considerably. I find it interesting that such is happening throughout the solar system.

you are kidding guys?, in Saudi Arabia oil is cheaper than water, 1 liter of oil cost 0.12 $ , while 1 liter of water cost 0.45 $

you can give them one barrel of water and they give you two barrels of oil

That sounds like a better deal....done....I am going over there before Evian do. (wonder of they want some can of baked beans too, just a thought).

Br Cornelius

I guess they'll convert to natural gs which they just found in incredible abundance off the coast? I understand and do not ridicule your point about the impacts of the carbon - but sometimes one chooses between two evils. Water is a resource that cannot be done without - the rest can be dealt with in time.

Oil wells /drilling uses incredible amounts of water... i wonder if that is having a cumulative effect in the region?

• Like 2

Oil wells /drilling uses incredible amounts of water... i wonder if that is having a cumulative effect in the region?

It is much more misuse and waste, these things are not the smartest to do in a desert:

kacc-dhahran-saudi-arabia-water-feature-03.jpg

• Like 2

It is much more misuse and waste, these things are not the smartest to do in a desert:

kacc-dhahran-saudi-arabia-water-feature-03.jpg

The waste of water is a sign of wealth in dry places. Stupid babbles for stupid people.

When the oil is gone such frippery will be gone with it.

Br Cornelius

fountains could use the same water over and over , minus evaporation , but oil wells etc. ruin, and evaporate, billions of gallons of water with their use. But ya, lots of water is wasted for appearance sake. Like in the U.S. .. huge lawns just don't make sense in deserts?

(or in desserts either lol)

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Aquifers are getting low everywhere, there is a place I believe in California the ground has sunk and they think its because of lower water levels. In some places they pump out of it to irrigate, especially in droughts, so same thing is happening here. It just never fills back up as fast as we use it. Yet some people don't see population as a problem, that should concern the world.

• Like 1