Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Do you believe the moon landing was fake?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,841 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

CT`s Love to miss that Class when they went to School ! "BASIC REASONING" :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#92    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 18 September 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

To fake the Moon landing would have required THOUSANDS of people who worked directly with the project to have been in on it.  That would have been quite an accomplishment in itself.
Doing it once would have achieved the objective...but to push it and fake it another 5 times?
Good grief.  Anyone who believes it was faked is incredibly ignorant of the effort it would take.
It would in fact be less effort to actually do it than to fake it.

You are correct! Thousand of people would have been involved in such a hoax and no telling how many of those people talk in their sleep in bed with a spouse who loves lots of money and high-priced fancy cars.

All it would take is just one person out of thousands to provide undeniable evidence of a moon hoax and break that news to investigative reporters looking for a sensational story that would advanced their careers to the stars, or should I say, the moon.

Revealing such evidence would no doubt make that whistle blower a millionaire many times over and yet, not one person out of thousands has ever come forward and provide such undeniable evidence, but how can they when the Apollo landing sites have already been photographed by other countries, and some of those photos contain astronaut footprints and wheel tracks, but why waste all of that money on a hoax that would have been doomed in the first place?

I guess the moon hoax folks didn't think that astronauts would eventually return to the moon and study the Apollo moon sites in detail decades later, but I guess they didn't think of such little details.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#93    Eluus

Eluus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

To be fair not so many people believe in a Moon Landing Hoax.

Considering there are people who believe the earth is flat, there will always be a few believers in a moon hoax but the ratio of HBs to others is VERY small as is evident in UM. The few remaining HBs help keep such threads like this going. Thanks to them I've learned so much from the Moon Hoax threads, especially from MID and many others. So in the end I think it's all good, as long as we respect each other. :tu:

#94    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

An astronaut is in a pressurized spacesuit.

He is walking on the moon, With no atmosphere, and 1/6 Earth's gravity.

Would he walk and move about faster, the same, or slower, than he would on Earth?

Support your answer - a valid reason

#95    mrbusdriver

mrbusdriver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Well, the spacesuit is pressurized to 3.x pounds pure oxygen. It has 30-some pounds mass. It is engineered with as much flexibility as possible. And they are wearing a backpack which offsets their cg towards the rear.

Watching the astronauts on the surface, once acclimated to the low g environment, they developed techniques which allowed them to cover ground fairly quickly.

It really depends on what exactly they were doing at the time as to how comfortable they were in moving fairly quickly. No, they couldn't/wouldn't "run" in the terrestrial sense.

#96    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,689 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

Mass is the same but weight is different. Momentum will remain the same. This means you have to move differently.

As mrbusdriver has said, the CofG was changed.

Posted Image

So they had to learn to move about with these conditions; that's why the first period on the surface was set aside as acclimatation. Various styles of movement were trialled but most atsronauts agreed that a left-right 'lope' gave the best combination of speed, stability and controlability.

Of course, Turbo will claim this is somehow impossible.

#97    rambaldi

rambaldi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostEluus, on 18 September 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

To be fair not so many people believe in a Moon Landing Hoax.

I believe the Mythbusters put the Hoax to rest for the those who lacked the necessary knowledge (it is rocket science after all :-) ) but who were basically honest doubters.

Kaysing, Rene, Jack White are dead (those evil NASA assasination Squads), what's left are mostly people like Bart "punched by Buzz" Sibrel,  David Reptile Icke, Jim "the USA will use a scrapped Warship in a False Flag conspiracy against Iran" Fetzer, "Heiwa", a certain Multisockpuppeter with a strange obsession... in other words, a really illustrious group...

#98    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,841 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Its fun to read the antics of these C.T`s They all fall into that label of Not too Bright,But Indeed its fun to read there insane Ideas.
Just think about it ! Did you not See the SaturnVs Leave our Planet in the Late 60`s and 70`s ? That was amazing ! You Had to Be there It would make a believer out of Anyone ! I got to See One launch,It will Live with me forever,the rest I watched on the tube. It was real they Did go nuff said. :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#99    mrbusdriver

mrbusdriver

Psychic Spy

• 1,589 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

It really makes me concerned about the future...I mean, I hope to God that these "low information" folks are a significant minority, but I fear they aren't. They glom on to each other for mutual support, and it just amplifies their ignorance.
Meanwhile, south of me here, high school students went through intensive "rocket science" classes, designed and built a (big!) rocket and a number of science payloads and launched it a number of miles up.

There's still hope...

#100    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postskyeagle409, on 18 September 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

You are correct! Thousand of people would have been involved in such a hoax and no telling how many of those people talk in their sleep in bed with a spouse who loves lots of money and high-priced fancy cars.

All it would take is just one person out of thousands to provide undeniable evidence of a moon hoax and break that news to investigative reporters looking for a sensational story that would advanced their careers to the stars, or should I say, the moon.

Revealing such evidence would no doubt make that whistle blower a millionaire many times over and yet, not one person out of thousands has ever come forward and provide such undeniable evidence, but how can they when the Apollo landing sites have already been photographed by other countries, and some of those photos contain astronaut footprints and wheel tracks, but why waste all of that money on a hoax that would have been doomed in the first place?

I guess the moon hoax folks didn't think that astronauts would eventually return to the moon and study the Apollo moon sites in detail decades later, but I guess they didn't think of such little details.

And let's also add to that, the millions of people who were inspired to pursue careers in the sciences because of the Apollo program.

None of those folks ever figured it out and/or if they did, weren't p***ed off enough to blow the whistle on the whole thing?`

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#101    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

It was real. As others have said there's a huge wealth of evidence that points to it being real . And not one shred of evidence that it was "fake"

#102    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

Over here, Rajeev Shagun posted a direct accusation of Neil Armstrong being a liar.  I have posted a suitable (if harsh) reply and requested that Rajeev back that claim with evidence and return to this thread, which he ran away from earlier,

If/when he has the courage to do so he needs to post his very best evidence, and then engage in a proper analysis of that evidence to see where it leads.

So, a few questions (and my guesses in brackets)..
Will Rajeev have sufficient courage to return here? (maybe.. but I'll bet on a 'flounce')
If he does return will he present evidence or just handwave? (handwave)
If he actually does provide 'evidence', will that evidence actually point to a hoax? (nope)
Will that evidence stand proper scientific and logical scrutiny (nope) and will Rajeev engage in a sensible and fair debate? (nope)

And possibly most importantly and that which gives the best illustration of what hoax-believers are like...

If a logical and informed debate does NOT support a hoax, will Rajeev concede he is wrong? (nope.. but I can live in hope that he is capable of learning)

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#103    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,267 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Chrlzs, appreciate the effort, but you're making it sound like Rajeev's uneducated and proven willfully ignorant opinion actually matters.... :huh:

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#104    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

True enough, but I do think that the more often that it is shown that hoax believers simply refuse to debate properly, instead preferring to handwave and guilibly/blindly regurgitate the same old completely debunked tripe over and over.. the more clear it is that those who dispute the Apollo missions are not only ill-informed, they cannot even be bothered to try to support their silly belief.

I also strongly object to those who slander people like Armstrong (and every other person who worked hard to make Apollo the success it was) and want to see them held to account..

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#105    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 27 September 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

True enough, but I do think that the more often that it is shown that hoax believers simply refuse to debate properly, instead preferring to handwave and guilibly/blindly regurgitate the same old completely debunked tripe over and over.. the more clear it is that those who dispute the Apollo missions are not only ill-informed, they cannot even be bothered to try to support their silly belief.

I also strongly object to those who slander people like Armstrong (and every other person who worked hard to make Apollo the success it was) and want to see them held to account..

I agree! :tu:

Claims of the moon hoax folks have been debunked using the laws of physics, experiments, and common sense. In other words, their claims are ignorant-based.

Edited by skyeagle409, 27 September 2013 - 07:41 AM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users