Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Wealth Distribution.

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#166    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostSakari, on 08 April 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Can you tell me where these oppurtunities are for people that do not have money to make money?

For the people that DO want to work hard, and make good money?

I live in America.

I was a Superintendent of a Construction Company, my wife was in sales for the Company. It shut down about 4 years ago, with no notice. I am 47 years old, she is 50. I am now working in a lumber mill, have had 3 jobs in 5 years, and living paycheck to paycheck trying to keep up. Each one has closed it's doors.

I do not " know " people that can get me a decent job back in Nevada where my family is, or anywhere for that matter. I applied for a grant to go to School as  a Pharmiceutical Tech......Denied. ( must be unemployed for over a year )  I was on un-employment at the time, but only on my 1st month, only collected 2 checks......Maybe I should try to stay unemployed, and then I will get many oppurtunities..

Denied, just as our house foreclosure help was denied.

My wife apprenticed under a Executive Chef for years, we applied for a small business loan to open a restaraunt / bakery.....Even tried the " Government " help part.

Denied ..... " Those loans are given to people that have businesses to expand their business, not for people to open new ones ".

You tell me where our oppurtunity is?

I have applied at countless places, where I have more then enough experience, have not had a chance yet. To old?.....Do not have a " inside " person to help me land the job?

Sorry, unless you know someone, or have a wealthy family that knows people, you are on your own.

And there are millions of people in worse off situations then me. I only hope I pass away before I can not work anymore, as I know I will have no retirement.

My father hurt his back working as a crane operator and was out of work for years as a result of that. I understand that people are hurting in this economy. But instead of giving out money like unemployment for extended periods i'm saying why don't we as a society help you to find work? Why don't way pay to get you re-trained to do something else? Why don't we loan you money to start a business? We give out money to prop up banks that should have gone bankrupt and I would have much rather given some of that money to people like you, aspiring small business owners, people who have a lot to gain from it. This is what I think our system should be doing during tough times. But where I live (Wisconsin) and from what I hear, there are lots of jobs for computer programmers, engineers, lots of technology jobs out there. But you have to be trained to do these types of jobs, and people cannot afford the training and that is a very real problem.

#167    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,772 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 08 April 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

My father hurt his back working as a crane operator and was out of work for years as a result of that. I understand that people are hurting in this economy. But instead of giving out money like unemployment for extended periods i'm saying why don't we as a society help you to find work? Why don't way pay to get you re-trained to do something else? Why don't we loan you money to start a business? We give out money to prop up banks that should have gone bankrupt and I would have much rather given some of that money to people like you, aspiring small business owners, people who have a lot to gain from it. This is what I think our system should be doing during tough times. But where I live (Wisconsin) and from what I hear, there are lots of jobs for computer programmers, engineers, lots of technology jobs out there. But you have to be trained to do these types of jobs, and people cannot afford the training and that is a very real problem.

You are 100% correct.

As you have seen, we tried to get those oppurtunities, and have been denied.

People think the help is out there, it is not.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#168    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,914 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostEinsteinium, on 08 April 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

why don't we as a society help you to find work?

I can answer that in clear and concise terms. There aren't that many works to find. 10 years ago the number of job seekers to jobs was 1:1. At times it got to 3:1. Today the number of job seekers to jobs is 7,8,9,10 to 1. The jobs don't exist. They've been sent overseas. And businesses are sitting on piles of cash and not hiring anymore.  What you and many others say above is no longer realistic. That time has passed. 10-15 years ago, head hunters called you. No longer. You have to call them. Now if Republicans would stop obstructing bills in congress, there could be a lot more jobs. But you know that's not gonna happen.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#169    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,005 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

If democrats would lower taxes and regulations the jobs will come. More bills never mean more jobs. As for headhunters, I'd thank sites like monster.com for running them extinct. Monster was and likely still is an abysmal site. Put in a resume for graphic design and get inundated with every position in the country of every type of work. They do it to employers too. They flood your email with everyone who makes a monster account and its never anyone qualified or even inquiring about that field. Monster are just swindlers.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 09 April 2013 - 02:17 AM.

Posted Image

#170    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

we could start a few more govmnt agencies. that will produce jobs.

#171    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,221 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

View Postninjadude, on 09 April 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

I can answer that in clear and concise terms. There aren't that many works to find. 10 years ago the number of job seekers to jobs was 1:1. At times it got to 3:1. Today the number of job seekers to jobs is 7,8,9,10 to 1. The jobs don't exist. They've been sent overseas. And businesses are sitting on piles of cash and not hiring anymore.  What you and many others say above is no longer realistic. That time has passed. 10-15 years ago, head hunters called you. No longer. You have to call them. Now if Republicans would stop obstructing bills in congress, there could be a lot more jobs. But you know that's not gonna happen.

To be fair, Democrats have had their part in usher those jobs away as well.

That is to me what the problem really is.  Our government has been so big business friendly it's turned a blind eye towards huge profits at the expense of the American Couple that with a strange disdain of unionized workers, and we've seen nothing but steady decline for decades.  That is why this wealth gap is such an important, telling statistic.

#172    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 08 April 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Yeah, thats what the problem is...
Because the "religious kids" are just acting like rabbits compared to the non religious kids.
Give me a break.

What the hell are you talking about, slick? Make a lot of assumptions? Never said anything or indicated anything specifically of the kind. Quit reaching!

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#173    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,914 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 09 April 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

If democrats would lower taxes and regulations the jobs will come.

we had more than 10 years of that drivel. It didn't work out so well.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#174    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,117 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

View Postninjadude, on 10 April 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

we had more than 10 years of that drivel. It didn't work out so well.

Creating tax havens for betraying a nation has done the most damage. Both sides, every side is guilty of it.  Banks are the traitors and should be seen as such.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#175    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,772 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 10 April 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

Creating tax havens for betraying a nation has done the most damage. Both sides, every side is guilty of it. Banks are the traitors and should be seen as such.

Amen to that.....

And they are still making bucks on foreclosures. Double dipping.

Makes me sick. There are also people re-financing left and right again. I thought that this was not going to be so easy after the last hit?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#176    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,221 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

But again, according to so many on this thread, it's the rich man and corporations that worked so hard to attain that wealth.  The rest of us just never applied ourselves hard enough.  It has nothing to do with unequitable laws skewed to give favorable circumstances for those rich.

#177    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,005 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postsupervike, on 10 April 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

But again, according to so many on this thread, it's the rich man and corporations that worked so hard to attain that wealth.  The rest of us just never applied ourselves hard enough.  It has nothing to do with unequitable laws skewed to give favorable circumstances for those rich.
Sorry vike but guys like you constantly refer to the rich as one mega wealthy insider group. I defend the rich a lot because there literally millions of millionaires and a great many of them did get rich on their own. If it were such an insiders game there would only be a small amount of rich people. No tight knit sinister group is going to open themselves up to millions of members.
Even a couple billionaires are on my good list. These are entrepreneurs who made things that became wildly successful. Bill Gates, Richard Branson who's always using his money for good things only a billionaire or a government can fund. Mark Cuban... Didn't he start a clothing business and became a billionaire?
Billionaires who's achievements are likely sinister but TBH I have no idea how these guys came into so much money... George Soros, Mayor Bloomberg, Warren Buffet... What good things and products have these people bright into society?

Posted Image

#178    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

View Postsupervike, on 10 April 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Actually, Supervike...in the game of Capitalism, you play a crapshoot. There are times when it becomes a pyramid scheme and there are times when it's a cutthroat living, it's a system where it's every man/woman for himself, it's a rat race on a economic hill were we climb over each other to see who will get to the top.  Unfortunately, someone has to stay at the bottom to support those all the way and at the top.

As an example: Let's say you and I hired on at the same time with a new company. Both of us are educated about the same and come from similar family backgrounds. But maybe I have an advantage over you, Supervike. Maybe I know the boss's daughter, really well, or maybe I know some people in another business, the right kind of business, who can help our new boss and his company make more profits. Maybe I'm a ferengi in human disguise. *rubs hands together and drools over latinum profits*   Point is, I'm gonna find someway to get ahead of you, Supervike. Because the boss is eventually gonna need someone as his righthand man when the company gets big enough someday and you will still be at the bottom of the working man's totem poll, working a dead end job, that you hate, going nowhere, because I was slick enough to beat you to the punch in the corporate ass kissing game; and because most importantly...there is only room for one righthand man.

Another example: Let's say you and I both start a business separate from each other, same type of business, with the same education and family background. But maybe this time, you have an advantage over me in business that I don't have. Maybe you've known for sometime most of the upright standing people in your town or city and they all just happen to go to the same church as you do and like you better then me. Maybe you know some people in politics, politicians who could get you plenty of clients and I don't. Maybe you inherited a large some of cash and can invest some of that cash into heavy advertising, were as, I can't because I didn't get that lucky. Maybe you undercut me in prices to draw more customers over to your business for awhile, because you figured out a way to cut out the middle man and get your products made under your company's production in a foreign country that you built there, or from another foreign company that you have a special deal with. WTF! Made in China?!  And just maybe, just maybe you know some shifty people who somehow know of a way of keeping me from growing my business. :ph34r:  Point is, I never get big enough to make a profit and can't compete with you, so eventually I claim bankruptcy and go out of business.

With Capitalism there is equal opportunity alright, if you know how to play the game, but there is no such thing as wealth equality for everyone in Capitalism. Someone has to stay poor and be content with that, while the rest of us thrive on our way to the top.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#179    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,005 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Purifier, you just described how the world works. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's fair and sometimes it's not. At no point in history has there been or could ever be a nation of all successful people. Just isn't realistic. But I think a country with a system that has millions of millionaires and who knows how many that make serious cash but not millions is a pretty good place and system to be in. Being rich and getting rich is achieved by many means and is not an exclusive insiders club. We do not have haves and have nots here. Haves can become have nots and have nots can become haves. Those titles don't work here because traditionally the haves will always have no matter what and the have nots cannot have no matter what.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 10 April 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Posted Image

#180    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,772 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 10 April 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Purifier, you just described how the world works. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's fair and sometimes it's not. At no point in history has there been or could ever be a nation of all successful people. Just isn't realistic. But I think a country with a system that has millions of millionaires and who knows how many that make serious cash but not millions is a pretty good place and system to be in. Being rich and getting rich is achieved by many means and is not an exclusive insiders club. We do not have haves and have nots here. Haves can become have nots and have nots can become haves. Those titles don't work here because traditionally the haves will always have no matter what and the have nots cannot have no matter what.

It is not a inside club, but if you are not in the " circle ", or close to it, your chance of being in it are slim to none.

The ones who made it from nothing are far and few between. And, I bet they had a little " hand out " somewhere along the line.

I can not get there, unless I hit the lotto ( I do not play it ), or have a lawsuit......Hell, I can not even open up a business.

I am not saying it is not life, it is....I am p***ed about the tax part is all, well, and a few other things.

You know what really p***es me off?......The people that hate them, yet watch and support them on TV ( housewives of beverly hills ), and watch and support them by going to their events.....Then b**** about how over paid they are....( yes, pro sports )

Edited by Sakari, 10 April 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users