Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

star wars program

disturbed_bassist

what happened to the planned star wars program i heard a while back that would be built to interecept rouge ICBM's? did bush realise hes spent up all the money?

and wouldnt such a program cost more money currently in existence???

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• disturbed_bassist

• WorkMonkey

• Dementia

• bathory

I think the plan is still on..but its a modified one from the star wars plan. The new one is the National Missile Defence shield in which incomming missile would be shot down by laser mounted 747's, More powerful Patriot missiles or SAM's..there are a few other options in development. However in a recent article it was reported that..Russia has started to develop a new kind of ICBM which can be mannouverd in mid flight to such an extant..that any kind of missile shield would be ineffective against it.

Then again...for some wierd reason if russia decides to launch over 100 missiles(which it can)..shield or no shield..Usa is doomed. ph34r.gif

yeah but if it did that, i'd be more than happy for America to return fire with several hundred more:p

If they're going to start shooting missles at each other, I wish they'd do it and get it over with. Decrease the surplus population and make the planet a wasteland just so they can prove a point.

The space based anti-missle program is still in the works at Lockheed Skunk works and EG&G in Nevada/Utah

Edited by stillcrazy

We could live like they did in fallout grin2.gif

Did you know that the 3rd fallout was almost finished when BIS was shutdown by Interplay?

Edited by Ashigaru

how the hell can russia afford to build manouvarable nukes? arnt they broke???

and when is russia going to be disarmed? dont u think its dangerous to have such an unstable country with such a dangerous arsenal, they cant even afford to maintain their nukes anymore. they just get a monkey to maintain it so they only have to pay him peanuts.

and when is russia going to be disarmed? dont u think its dangerous to have such an unstable country with such a dangerous arsenal, they cant even afford to maintain their nukes anymore. they just get a monkey to maintain it so they only have to pay him peanuts.

Don't you think it would be even more dangerous to leave America as the soul possessor of WMDs as seems to be their objective.

work monkey, my answer to that is.. UNDOUBTABLY YES!

USA is already too powerful

So when will the USA disarm?

The monkey has been their most stable and effective leader in recent years..infact the russian economy has started to improve abit. Eitherways, the russians seem far less trigger happy than their american counterparts, who always seem to be looking for an excuse to fight wars and use weapons of mass destruction.

Did you know...the russians or ertswhile USSR had offered a complete removal of nuclear weapons from their armoury, if the US reciprocated..however, The US government did not agree to it. Imagine..a world without Nuclear war heads and bombs...scary aint it ph34r.gif

Yeah dementia , but if we all got rid of our knnown nukes the baddies with the secret ones would win

I agree..but i was talking about a time..when such baddies werent created. But then again, a world without nuclear weapons would be a utopian world, which ofcourse is not a possibilty, atleast in the near future.

I agree..but i was talking about a time..when such baddies werent created. But then again, a world without nuclear weapons would be a utopian world, which ofcourse is not a possibilty, atleast in the near future.

The chances of a nuclear weapon ever being used again are very slight,

I doubt their removal would lead to a "Utopian" world, there'd still be fighting, attrocities, slaughther, etc.

i think the chances of a nuclear weapon being used in my lifetime are very high. didnt the USSR have alot of suitcase sized nuclear weapons and alot of them have gone missing??? although they are not very powerful. many countries are now gaining the knowledge to make these dangerous weapons and theres alot of hate in the world right now.

also when i said 'monkey' i was not reffering to the russian leader, i was reffering to the indivuals who maintain the nukes in russia, a documentary i was watching explained that the maintenance of their nukes is totally inadequate, basically the doco calimed that the weapons were not being maintained at all. and that the moral of the people doing the maintenance was extremely low because sometimes they wernt even being paid.

Work or not, they've probably run simulations at DOD that indicate

it would be better to try and build anti-missile technology, than not.

Certainly, current state of art is nowhere near adequate,

and would fail critically. The hope is to get some better r&d,

and prevent a predicited possible scenario from occuring.

With N. Korea a major exporter of missile technology, and China

an eternal belligerent, it is no wonder someone wants to lockdown

on those regimes and their ambitions.

China has outright threatened to launch against Seattle, Los Angelas,

and San Diego within the last few years.

They have a saying in the East- I pick your pocket and get caught,

shame on me. I do it again, and don't get caught, shame on you.

Allowing them to fleece the West, on occasion, has satisfied them,

and brought stability to trade, which is essential.

In turn, they recycle dollars and by U.S. govt. paper and bonds.

It is a miracle, reinforced by american military no-nonsense.

It would even be better, if proliferation of ex-soviet air and naval

technology did not reinforce China's determination to be the

strongest superpower. The markets in communist China are becoming

more open in the south, in a selected way, but it will grow

enormously in twenty years. Only losing access to cheap oil will

slow them. And that, my freind, is the crux of cruxes.

How long would stability hold if the Middle-East ran into problems?

Frankly, I oppose wasteful spending, or the endangerment of

innocent people in this world. And, thanks to measures taken,

regarding Afghanistan and elsewhere, the world can breathe

a little easier. The hunt for suitcase quality fissionable materials is on.

Edited by swj20