Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Al Qaeda may have made contact in U.S. recently

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#76    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:12 PM

Oh, they are soooo cute!  cat.gif wub.gif  wub.gif  

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#77    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:18 PM

Nuke iraq .

How could they?

It must be iraq. They want our kittens.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#78    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:30 PM

I have just noticed this thread after being away in the US ohmy.gif  grin2.gif
Anyway,

Babs
Yeah, you know the news channel said that people leaving the country should talk to their loved ones about the possibilty of a kidnapping or death. They should make some sort of preparations for this event  before leaving.

Its all media hype honest. The media love nothing more than to create chaos, the more chaos the more news coverage and more dollars in their pockets.
I travel back and forth across the pond regularly and have not ever felt unsafe. The security now is top notch.
You are probably more safe in Europe especially the UK then anywhere else in the world. I am not being patriotic here or anything but we have been dealing with terrorism for years and the security in the UK is superb, second to none. Especially within our airports.  You would think that the UK as allies to the US would have been attacked by now (god forbid) yet we have not been attacked. Why? Makes you think huh?

#79    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Lottie @ Aug 13 2004, 07:30 PM)

The security now is top notch.
You are probably more safe in Europe especially the UK then anywhere else in the world. I am not being patriotic here or anything but we have been dealing with terrorism for years and the security in the UK is superb, second to none. Especially within our airports.

Uh you have seen the "Mirror" investigations? Where they smuggles weaponry onto airplanes, and waltz onto military bases unchallenged? Security isn't as excellent as you might think.

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#80    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Babs @ Aug 13 2004, 10:12 AM)
Oh, they are soooo cute!  cat.gif wub.gif  wub.gif

Yes they are. Thanks...

The grey one sits in my lap all day long while I work...

No terorists is going to attack either of them...

Now that I think about it, it sounds so...Dr. Evil'ish to attack peoples pets...
user posted image
We shall take over the world by attacking everyones kitties

Edited by Fluffybunny, 13 August 2004 - 05:53 PM.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#81    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Blood Angel @ Aug 13 2004, 01:38 PM)
Uh you have seen the "Mirror" investigations? Where they smuggles weaponry onto airplanes, and waltz onto military bases unchallenged? Security isn't as excellent as you might think.

The Mirror investigations. Oh please don't make me laugh! Oh yes of course the Mirror is full of truthfulness and real facts...I don't think.  Security in general over here is excellent. From an air freight view point, do you know anything about the importing and exporting business and the legal and security requirements involved? Its not easy. Anyone who tries to smuggle stuff in through our airports do not get very far.  

#82    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:56 PM

Right so that journalist didn't photograph himself on a airliner with a gun, that civilian didn't walk onto a naval base and sleep in a soldiers bed....

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#83    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 04:38 AM

how did he get his hands on a real handgun (i'm assuming handgun because it would be easier to smuggle in than say an AK:P )?  

#84    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 14 August 2004 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Fluffybunny @ Aug 4 2004, 08:43 PM)
Pleasant...

Having a free, ethnically divirse country like we do sure does make it difficult to stay ontop of potential terrorists runningabout...

So would anyone like to start a pool to see how long it is going to take until the US imposes a WWII style internment camp for middle eastern folks? 1 more attack? 2 more?

im already a "enemy combatant" because I protest the war  rolleyes.gif
Hiel Bush

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#85    nightbird

nightbird

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:17 AM

StudentAlive

thanks for posting that link!!
I am so glad that someone else here is seeing what Bush has been doing, and wants to do.

but you know what? even if i was a bush supporter, I would question my affiliation after reading some of the things which are circulating around the world on news sites, reports, transcripts and acts , I really would begin to question how morally corrupt and wrong this administration is and what I can do about it to change it. I mean, even if it isnt as bad as we hear, would you take the chance and risk having to live with yourself and the knowledge that you supported a dictator??
I know I couldnt!!

#86    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 09:05 AM

so how is the patriot act getting passed? do the republicans have such a domination of the senate etc?

interesting

#87    nightbird

nightbird

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:47 AM

the first patriot act has been passed. shortly after 9/11

the second I dont know. it was to be put forward but a copy was leaked and people began protesting it. hopefully it will not come to pass. it is speaking high on the side of fascism and dictorship to me......they should be calling it the Bush Regime

#88    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:50 AM

but how did it pass? surely if it was as bad as people make out, the senate would be all over it? do the republicans have a majority in the senate?

#89    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 14 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

It passed because no one read the fine print.. or any of it at all. It was passed at night, secretly and was not publicly stated until a while after.

There's your beloved government at work eh, always thinking of the people first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users