Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Hypothesis On Sky Sounds


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 16 January 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Its been proven some of these sound vidios are fakes,however some are not fakes.I believe the sounds of the Earth are being heard just like the many reports of the humming sounds,Researchers from the USArray Earthscope have tracked down a series of infrasonic humming noises produced by waves crashing together and thence into the ocean floor, off the North-West coast of the USA. Potentially, sound from these collisions could travel to many parts of the globe.

....snip

We're not disputing that there are noises that are actually of natural or industrial origin, it's a known fact, that some things in nature are rather loud or have a very obnoxious sound.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#32    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,386 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 17 January 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

We're not disputing that there are noises that are actually of natural or industrial origin, it's a known fact, that some things in nature are rather loud or have a very obnoxious sound.

Gee if this one cracks off, I `sure we hear some noises like the dinos did when the continents broke apart:):)






#33    Wolfman 1993

Wolfman 1993

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined:14 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

that may disprove some of them, but I've heard some of them myself


#34    Mantis914

Mantis914

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lone Star State

  • You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm not totally sold on the ice breaking sounds.  These sound have been heard in places like Puerto Rico, Texas and other warmer climate areas where there's no ice around for miles.  Also the War of the Worlds clip does sound similar but its not exactly like all the other ones as there was a wide variety of sounds that were heard and in one case in FL, there were flashes that were seen also.


#35    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

    Titanic's Deck Swab

  • Member
  • 5,569 posts
  • Joined:04 May 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NE OK USA

  • "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

And that is the kind of feedback that is needed. For people to be able to present possible explanations, and have some obviously explainable things removed from the pool to keep them from obscuring any actual possible phenomenon. The people that have heard the sounds themselves, if honest and not intentionally perpetuating a knowingly false topic (this isn't a personal attack, just an objective general observation), need to take into account what other possible local explanations there are.

There have been some people found to be doing things similar to the scene IN the Red State movie, where people were blaring these sounds out their windows (this has been found to be the case in some of these reports), fooling others. If that and mundane everyday sounds can be fairly well discounted, then the remaining pool of reports needs looked at more in-depth.

UM Rules | Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252hrs/4y+, View: Ideomotor



#36    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,386 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

it is difficult to know what vidios are hoaxs, however heres a news report of the sounds in Costa Rica.

Is it the mysterious sound of the so-called coming Apocalypse? Some think that the mysterious sound heard in Costa Rica at around 12:30am this morning is exactly that.
Ronny Quintero, a seismologist said the event should be studied at the exact time and location of the anomalies to determine with certainty that there was no earthquake. He added that depending on the location of those who claim they heard the rumble or ”The Hum” it is easy to dismiss the possibility of tectonic movements.

http://www.costarica....ut-costa-rica/


#37    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,386 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

These hums or noises have only been heard since 1970.If it was a common occurance in the world before that, there would have been reports of them all through history.So what ever it is making the sounds, in the earth or the sky, its only been something happening recently in the last few decades.

Edited by docyabut2, 18 January 2013 - 02:43 AM.


#38    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 4,457 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 14 January 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

View Postdocyabut2, on 14 January 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

http://www.bing.com/... sounds youtube



You`ve got to admit if some of theses sounds are true, sure sounds like something rubbing back and forth together :)

I think the real mystery here is why is somebody actually using Bing? :P

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."


July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#39    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 4,457 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

I posted the red state horn clip in a thread about this sometime last year. I've heard that sound in a couple of the vids. I'm not convinced they're anything but hoaxes. Youtube is not where a real phenomena like this would be documented....

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."


July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#40    Raven_Tear

Raven_Tear

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined:19 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Gold Saucer

  • Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

I have been intrigued by these sounds for a while and of course have seen numerous videos on Youtube. Are they all a hoax? Who knows but I for one would like to experience it first-hand. So far zippo, and I don't really expect to hear them anytime soon but you never know. They could be the planet letting us have it or something more, perhaps Biblical. Guess time will tell.


#41    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,386 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Some say the booms sounds are from the many meteor showers.

Edited by docyabut2, 19 January 2013 - 01:41 AM.


#42    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2011

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

I remember hearing something similar in the outback camping as a kid.. basically we were 400k's inland from kalgoorlie in west australia.. was bloody strange.. my uncle is a meteorologist and a degree in geology.. worked for the .gov at woomera (the old australian missle base in south australia).. was a nice still night.. talking totally calm air..

what we could hear was noise from one of the remote mines.. he went into the technical details to do with the ionosphere and sound reflection.. type of terrain.. and the like.. of course us kids did not believe him.. so when we headed back towards Kal we detoured towards the mine.. which was something like 200k's away from us.. and yup.. what we could hear was the noise comming from the mine..


#43    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostRaven_Tear, on 19 January 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

I have been intrigued by these sounds for a while and of course have seen numerous videos on Youtube. Are they all a hoax? Who knows but I for one would like to experience it first-hand. So far zippo, and I don't really expect to hear them anytime soon but you never know. They could be the planet letting us have it or something more, perhaps Biblical. Guess time will tell.

Quite honestly, 99% of the stuff on Youtube can be written off as a hoax. The sounds might have been distorted with software like Audacity and such, but they are too similar to be something else. There is the 1% left that can be something els, yes. Like said before, the earth as such makes noise, rumbling, humming, sometimes bangs etc. I doubt it would be something of biblical proportions, but plausible as far as nature goes. Also, lets not count out industrial man-made noises. You would be amazed on how far certain noises can travel.

View PostParanormalcy, on 18 January 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

And that is the kind of feedback that is needed. For people to be able to present possible explanations, and have some obviously explainable things removed from the pool to keep them from obscuring any actual possible phenomenon. The people that have heard the sounds themselves, if honest and not intentionally perpetuating a knowingly false topic (this isn't a personal attack, just an objective general observation), need to take into account what other possible local explanations there are.

There have been some people found to be doing things similar to the scene IN the Red State movie, where people were blaring these sounds out their windows (this has been found to be the case in some of these reports), fooling others. If that and mundane everyday sounds can be fairly well discounted, then the remaining pool of reports needs looked at more in-depth.

Well said and quite correct.

View PostWolfman1993, on 17 January 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

that may disprove some of them, but I've heard some of them myself

Out of curiosity, what kind of sound did you hear? Could you possibly describe it?

View PostDingoLingo, on 19 January 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

I remember hearing something similar in the outback camping as a kid.. basically we were 400k's inland from kalgoorlie in west australia.. was bloody strange.. my uncle is a meteorologist and a degree in geology.. worked for the .gov at woomera (the old australian missle base in south australia).. was a nice still night.. talking totally calm air..

what we could hear was noise from one of the remote mines.. he went into the technical details to do with the ionosphere and sound reflection.. type of terrain.. and the like.. of course us kids did not believe him.. so when we headed back towards Kal we detoured towards the mine.. which was something like 200k's away from us.. and yup.. what we could hear was the noise coming from the mine..

Sound does sometimes bounce of the ionosphere, that's quite correct. It's a recognized phenomenon. The fact that the mine was 200 kilometers away gives credence to the fact that the noises can quite possibly be industrial.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#44    kitty81

kitty81

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined:12 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

i keep hearin a deep rumblin sound, have done for years.. the only way i can describe it is like an aircraft hovering for about a minute then disappearin, just like that, the noise stops dead :/ i dont like it, never have :/

Kitty >'.'<

#45    Wolfman 1993

Wolfman 1993

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined:14 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 20 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Quite honestly, 99% of the stuff on Youtube can be written off as a hoax. The sounds might have been distorted with software like Audacity and such, but they are too similar to be something else. There is the 1% left that can be something els, yes. Like said before, the earth as such makes noise, rumbling, humming, sometimes bangs etc. I doubt it would be something of biblical proportions, but plausible as far as nature goes. Also, lets not count out industrial man-made noises. You would be amazed on how far certain noises can travel.



Well said and quite correct.



Out of curiosity, what kind of sound did you hear? Could you possibly describe it?



Sound does sometimes bounce of the ionosphere, that's quite correct. It's a recognized phenomenon. The fact that the mine was 200 kilometers away gives credence to the fact that the noises can quite possibly be industrial.


it was like  metallic clanking, but the direction it was coming from and the area I was in didnt make any sense, even if it could be coming from something industrial, and the thing is, if you personally havent experienced it 1st hand, you can only make a guess as to what it is. I'm not saying it's the trumpets of the apocalypse, but maybe something a little more uncommon than we think

Edited by Wolfman1993, 20 January 2013 - 10:50 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users