Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Oscar Pistorious

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,872 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

This morning I heard something about steroids being found in his bedroom. Perhaps she was a victim of his 'roid rage?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#17    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,658 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

View Postflyingswan, on 20 February 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Even if you believe his own story, it wasn't an accident, he tried to murder an intruder and found he'd murdered his girlfriend instead.  Either way, he's guilty of murder.

I dont know if you can call that murder. Im not even sure you can call it man slaughter. If he really killed her on accident, then thats what it is, a accident. Maybe involuntary man slaughter. To murder someone, you have to have a willful intent.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#18    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 20 February 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I dont know if you can call that murder. Im not even sure you can call it man slaughter. If he really killed her on accident, then thats what it is, a accident. Maybe involuntary man slaughter. To murder someone, you have to have a willful intent.
From reading the articles, I think there was intent there.  She locked herself in the bathroom and was shot 4 times!  I think his story, and I do mean story, is absolutely crap.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#19    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

I think Pistorious is trying to win an Oscar for acting, why would a burglar be in the bathroom, perhaps trying to steal an expensive bottle of shampoo?  Obviously most people get up in the night to go to the toilet, he had no right to fire through the door four times without knowing who was there, he should have shouted a warning before firing, even if his story is true.

Hell, if he gets off with this, and is lucky enough to get another girlfriend, i bet she will be frightened enough to have a bucket by the side of the bed!

#20    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 20 February 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Why not? We most likely killed some brown kids over seas today. We do worse things off shores then we do here. Least as far as body count.

So the US government killed the woman and then framed Pistorious for the murder then?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#21    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,743 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Well, surely this has got to look fishy... Pistorius detective on attempted murder charges
The South African detective leading the Oscar Pistorius inquiry is facing seven charges of attempted murder, police have confirmed.
Detective Hilton Botha, who has faced fierce questioning at Mr Pistorius's bail hearing, was allegedly involved in a shooting two years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-21528631

Surely even the most cynical must consider that this looks decidedly fishy. He's facing Murder charges, but he's still allowed to investigate a Murder case himself? :unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#22    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,961 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 21 February 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Well, surely this has got to look fishy... Pistorius detective on attempted murder charges
The South African detective leading the Oscar Pistorius inquiry is facing seven charges of attempted murder, police have confirmed.
Detective Hilton Botha, who has faced fierce questioning at Mr Pistorius's bail hearing, was allegedly involved in a shooting two years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-21528631

Surely even the most cynical must consider that this looks decidedly fishy. He's facing Murder charges, but he's still allowed to investigate a Murder case himself? :unsure2:
the cases were dropped he probs of bribed his fellow police officers

#23    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,743 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 21 February 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

the cases were dropped he probs of bribed his fellow police officers
That wouldn't surprise me at all. So obviously the case can be trusted to be handled in a totally fair fashion, can't it, by the famously scrupulously fair and trustworhty S. African justice system.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#24    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

A few interesting facts that I noticed:

1) Steenkamp was due to give an important speech the following day, Ironically it was going to be a talk against domestic violence.

2) She was training as a lawyer and had a promising political career ahead of her. Pistorius' career may have peaked but she had a lot more to offer.

3) Pistorius was an absolute mega star with huge sponsorship deals (that are now all being pulled). He had everything to live for.

4) Pistorius was planning on leaving the gated community in Praetoria for Johannesburg. http://www.dailymail...-Steenkamp.html

Speculation:

A) If we consider the possibility that Pistorius was under mind control then he would have had a 'handler' who would have been able to get him the sort of exposure we know Pistorius had. He was/is a remarkable athlete but his celebrity could well have been enhanced by powerful but shadowy groups.

B) Could he have began to resist his programming and threatening to move away somehow angered the handler.

C) This celebrity couple could have gone a long way in SA and the world but now we have one life prematurely ended and another career left in ruins.

D) Whatever you think the whole case smells very fishy and there are a lot of synchronicities here. For some example please check this website. http://merovee.wordp...and-moviedrome/

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#25    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

There's nothing to see here.

It's no dang conspiracy theory.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#26    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 20 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

From reading the articles, I think there was intent there.  She locked herself in the bathroom and was shot 4 times!  I think his story, and I do mean story, is absolutely crap.
I think there had to be intent. Let's say you live by yourself (like me) and you invite a guest over for the night. Then in the middle of the night the door to the bathroom is closed so you start shooting because you think there's a burglar in there?
That poor lady Reeva Steenkamp...may God rest her soul.

Posted Image

#27    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostMedium Brown, on 21 February 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

There's nothing to see here.

It's no dang conspiracy theory.

Watch this space. Police incompetency will lead to the trial being thrown out. CT has began! :ph34r:

#28    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 22 February 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Watch this space. Police incompetency will lead to the trial being thrown out. CT has began! :ph34r:
So it's going to be a repeat of the OJ Simpson fiasco.
But without the slow car chase and the leather glove.
Tbh what do you expect when you've got a crooked cop heading the investigation.
But if he get's granted bail today this CT could be coming closer to reality.
While we are here we might as well mention other celebrities who have escaped justice..
Paris Hilton,Michael Jackson and the disaster zone that calls herself Lindsay Lohan.
If you've got the bucks it's as good as diplomatic immunity.
However Olympic athletes without sponsorship deals are not exactly affluent.
But none of this has  anything to do with " mind control".
Tbh the truth is more mundane with the suspected reason being steroid rage.
There's a chemical imbalance in his brain all right but it's not because somebody's pulling it's strings.

Edited by Medium Brown, 22 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#29    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 19 February 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

You must be desperate to find a conspiracy, Ali.

This is just a tragic accident.  Such a beautiful woman and such an inspiring young man.  A pity!
If you read my post I specifically stated I don't believe there's a conspiracy! But am surprised that someone hasn't dreamnt one.

#30    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,689 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

Even if you believe his story, you have to remember that he was in no immediate danger. The supposed "burglar" wasn't pointing a gun at him and he fired in self defence. The person was behind a closed door, and according to him he did not know who it was, yet he chose to murder them.

Sadly, I don't believe his story, and that he had the whole thing planned beforehand to murder her through the bathroom door.

We'll see what further evidence comes out in the trial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users