Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Big shift in party affiliation since '09

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#46    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,306 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 30 October 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

If Black Liberation Theology is a concern for you and others the charge is probably true. Rational people don't even consider any of that when thinking of our president.
I don't get it...so rational people don't consider it at all when a group spews forth hatred and violence? Well congrats when they coming knocking on your door with pitchforks and knives and who knows what, at least you won't have considered it.

Posted Image

#47    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,115 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostGummug, on 31 October 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

I don't get it...so rational people don't consider it at all when a group spews forth hatred and violence? Well congrats when they coming knocking on your door with pitchforks and knives and who knows what, at least you won't have considered it.

This has turned into a strawman argument.  Silver Thong asked simply "Is America ready for a mormon prez?" and I answered "Well, they accepted a BLT prez."  It is actually a great question and I have some anecdotal info on it so maybe Silver Thong will start a thread.  That is besides the point though, because the wacky left has chosen to run with this strawman to avoid  answering the question at hand which is what is behind this huge change in party affiliation.  It isn't just Obama either, it is the senate and the choices Reid has made.  Crying racism is always a go-to for the left.  Frankly it is played out.

Edited by Merc14, 31 October 2012 - 02:29 AM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#48    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,306 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostMerc14, on 31 October 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

This has turned into a strawman argument.  Silver Thong asked simply "Is America ready for a mormon prez?" and I answered "Well, they accepted a BLT prez."  It is actually a great question and I have some anecdotal info on it so maybe Silver Thong will start a thread.  That is besides the point though, because the wacky left has chosen to run with this strawman to avoid  answering the question at hand which is what is behind this huge change in party affiliation.  It isn't just Obama either, it is the senate and the choices Reid has made.  ft. Crying racism is always a go-to for the left. Frankly it is played out.
Frankly speaking, I am sick to the gills of it, and so are a lot of people I know.

Posted Image

#49    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,947 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

Romney was a Mormon Bishop not just someone who sat in the pews.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#50    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,306 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

I'll admit, I had to look up straw man argument to get a better idea of what it means. Here's what I found, and the scary thing is, it can be an effective technique if you're not on the lookout. (Don't mean to hijack this thread, just hoped this would be useful to, ironically, stay on track.)
http://grammar.quick...n-argument.aspx

Edited by Gummug, 31 October 2012 - 04:38 AM.

Posted Image

#51    Pyridium

Pyridium

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Yes, I read this thread just after it started and wanted to jump in when I say this.  "Is the US ready for a Morman prez. I doubt it. however lets ignore that fact."

This is PURE anti-religious bias.  When called out about this fact, it becomes a race issue?  Nice spin, Thong.  You got my head spinning!  Oh, wait, lets just ignore what I just said.

#52    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostGummug, on 31 October 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

That is exactly what is not rational about it, your fears, they are ridiculous. Your fear of someone coming to my door to kill me are not sane. You are among a minority of Americans if you believe this is an actual threat. Loony.

#53    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,072 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 31 October 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

That is exactly what is not rational about it, your fears, they are ridiculous. Your fear of someone coming to my door to kill me are not sane. You are among a minority of Americans if you believe this is an actual threat. Loony.
Well it is an actual ideology embraced by the president, his wife, his reverend, his favorite college professor and many more whom he is close with I'm sure. So what's wrong with acknowledging that?

Posted Image

#54    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,306 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 31 October 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yep. And I'm sure the Watts riots never happened, either. And those that think they did are loony, just like those that believe the holocaust actually happened.

Posted Image

#55    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 31 October 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Well it is an actual ideology embraced by the president, his wife, his reverend, his favorite college professor and many more whom he is close with I'm sure. So what's wrong with acknowledging that?

I don't believe that. What I believe is that those who focus on this are merely racist who cannot accept our president because of their own racism.

View PostGummug, on 31 October 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Yep. And I'm sure the Watts riots never happened, either. And those that think they did are loony, just like those that believe the holocaust actually happened.

What does that have to do with believing someone is coming to my door with guns? You and a few others sound highly irrational. Sadly in your own minds it all makes sense. I'm going to Starbucks.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit, 31 October 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#56    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,432 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 31 October 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

I don't believe that. What I believe is that those who focus on this are merely racist who cannot accept our president because of their own racism.

I would take it just as seriously if a white president had attended a white supremacy based church or belonged to the KKK. The two are not so very different.

#57    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostMichelle, on 31 October 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

I would take it just as seriously if a white president had attended a white supremacy based church or belonged to the KKK. The two are not so very different.

Obama has a white mother and a father who was not African-American. Black liberation theology is not a concern to me when it comes to our President. I don't find him racist. It isn't a fear.

If you take it seriously, then that is a bit kooky, but I am not losing sleep over others irrational fears.

#58    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,072 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 31 October 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

What does that have to do with believing someone is coming to my door with guns? You and a few others sound highly irrational. Sadly in your own minds it all makes sense. I'm going to Starbucks.

Focus shmocus, it's true. Obama only distanced himself from it after sound clips from rev Wright were released. It's pretty shallow of O to throw his racist mentor rev under the bus because it would've hurt his election chances. That in itself shows the selfish careless narcissistic personality he holds. Michelle Obama also has a history of being consumed with race. In Princeton she was a board member on the Third World Center, a race consumed minority only affirmative action club who thought the best way to mend race relations was to insist all whites are racist, kind of like you, and shun them out of discussions on how to mend race relations. Yea, that'll work.  
http://www.theblaze....g-about-barack/
Michelle's group and BLT don't care about mending anything. Their goal is reverse racism and total black power since apparently we're to blame for events of 200+ years ago and the racist actions of democrats well into the 20th century.
That said it is you who is consumed with race, just like your BLT buddies. It's also funny that the topic is fact and you don't believe it but you sure as heck believe anyone who states unpleasant facts about Obama must be racist. You liberals are the only ones who ever mention race. Must be a guilty conscious for supporting the party responsible for slavery and anti-civil rights.
Btw, a liberal at Starbucks, that's a stereotype you hold up to. Doesn't taste any better than Most gas station coffee

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 31 October 2012 - 11:27 PM.

Posted Image

#59    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,115 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 31 October 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Obama has a white mother and a father who was not African-American. Black liberation theology is not a concern to me when it comes to our President. I don't find him racist. It isn't a fear.

If you take it seriously, then that is a bit kooky, but I am not losing sleep over others irrational fears.

So he sat in the pews for 20 years, considered the radical minister a mentor and a father figure, was married in the church and had his kids baptized in it by the same minister yet he never heard any of the virulently anti-american, anti-semetic hate filled rhetoric and wasn't touched at all by it?  In fact, Obama said "I never heard any of that stuff."  In 20 years Obama never heard any of that stuff when you can buy a freakin tape in the front hall and he had no idea Wright preached "that stuff"?  20 years and not a clue!  Okayyy

That begs the question what in the hell is wrong with the man? I think if I sat in that church for a couple of weeks I'd have a pretty good understanding of what the message was and if I wasn't sure, I'd pick up a DVD and watch it.  You buy that he never heard a word of that rhetoric and had no idea what BLT was about?  Really?

Edited by Merc14, 01 November 2012 - 01:13 AM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#60    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,072 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

I bet he believes George Bush hates black people because Kanye West said so.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users