Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TWIN TOWERS

bigbluebsu

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pallidin

• Super Pancake

• Sunofone

• GIDEON MAGE

Trust me. I doubt that building would still be standing if a jet airliner ramed into it.

well didnt they say it was the fire that brought them down? or am i way off base? i thought i heard that.

Yeah but what happened in Madrid is very different to what happened with the WTC. These buildings are designed to survive fires, typical office fires for example. BUT we are talking about aeroplanes that were laden with jet fuel and the heat and the fire from that would of been enough to damage the structure of the buildings. And like any kind of materials no matter how resistant they are they can only with stand so much. There is no conspiracy about what happened that day.

Also, the two buildings were most likely designed diffrently, they look similar. Anyways I dout that building would still be standing if the fire was concentrated in the middle or 2/3rds up.

~Thanato

Yeah, but what happened in madrid happened 911 days after 9/11. Coincidence?

Do you have more on the Israelies at the time of 9/11 I was actually in Isreal and one of my friends father who works in the Egyptian Embassy in Israel told me how Israeli intelligence knew 9/11 was going to happen I doupted him then he said notice how not one Israeli died in 9/11.

I know the Mossad are better then the CIA but, why did they not say anything to U.S. intelligence.

Oops i said my freind worked at the embassy i meant his father worked their

Edited by Super Pancake

These buildings are designed to survive fires, typical office fires for example. BUT we are talking about aeroplanes that were laden with jet fuel and the heat and the fire from that would of been enough to damage the structure of the buildings.

Well I heard that they were designed to withstand attack by planes. Also the fires seemed to have calmed down when the building collapsed.

Do you have more on the Israelies at the time of 9/11 I was actually in Isreal and one of my friends who works in the Egyptian Embassy in Israel told me how Israeli intelligence knew 9/11 was going to happen I doupted him then he said notice how not one Israeli died in 9/11.

I know the Mossad are better then the CIA but, why did they not say anything to U.S. intelligence.

494355[/snapback]

dmgspycats: Because they weren't the only ones involved and didn't want to risk getting the people responsible for 9-11 caught. 9-11 was Americans attacking Americans. Right -wing Isrealis would now be able to roll over Palestine w/o the pesky UN or the US getting in the way unlike when Clinton was in office trying to promote peace. Policy shift my friend. Telling the proper US authorities would only compromise Isreals new plans for the Palestinian problem. BTW, the UK-USA Echelon alliance new too. That's right...but at the request of NSA lawyers the agencies 9-11 evidence was burned! That was said on CNN within a week after 9-11 by the NSA itself.

Yeah, but what happened in madrid happened 911 days after 9/11. Coincidence?

494337[/snapback]

first of all, coincidence, no, terrorists being able to count past 100, yes huh.gif

second , the only conspiricy on 9/11/01, would be the Pentagon

These buildings are designed to survive fires, typical office fires for example. BUT we are talking about aeroplanes that were laden with jet fuel and the heat and the fire from that would of been enough to damage the structure of the buildings.

Well I heard that they were designed to withstand attack by planes. Also the fires seemed to have calmed down when the building collapsed.

494368[/snapback]

Well thats the assumption and you know what they say about assumptions.

The flames may have calmed down but the structural damage from the intense heat and flames was enough for the building to collapse. I think it would be incredibly unrealistic to say that a building would be able to withstand an attack by a plane. As has now been proved.

the WTC was designed to withstand the impact of planes of THE TIME THEY WERE CONSTRUCTED, they were not designed to withstand a hit from a boeing 747

second , the only conspiricy on 9/11/01, would be the Pentagon

are you talking about how it was really a rocket that hit the pentagon... not an airplane?

uh oh.. can of worms about to be re-opened

the WTC was designed to withstand the impact of planes of THE TIME THEY WERE CONSTRUCTED, they were not designed to withstand a hit from a boeing 747

494802[/snapback]

ok thats only a difference of 6ft in length and 10ft in width-thats the difference between a 707 and a 767-

Towers' Design Parameters

Twin Towers' Designers Anticipated Jet Impacts Like September 11th's

According to Hyman Brown, a University of Colorado civil engineering professor and the World Trade Center's construction manager, 1 and 2 World Trade Center were designed to survive an impact and resulting fires from a collision by the largest commercial aircraft at the time, a Boeing 707-340.

user posted image

heres a relavent quote you are probably unaware of-

Frank A. Demartini, on-site construction manager for the World Trade Center, spoke of the resilience of the towers in an interview recorded on January 25, 2001.

The building was designed to have a fully loaded 707 crash into it. That was the largest plane at the time. I believe that the building probably could sustain multiple impacts of jetliners because this structure is like the mosquito netting on your screen door -- this intense grid -- and the jet plane is just a pencil puncturing that screen netting. It really does nothing to the screen netting.

Demartini, who had an office on the 88th floor of the North Tower, has been missing since the 9/11/01 attack

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysis/design.html

um....just 6 ft in length and just 10 ft in width you say, do you know what inertia is? that extra 60 cubic feet will add a lot more inertia to that plane, and more inertia means more fuel, more fuel means more damage

and the fuel to weight ratio is not directly proportional, i dont know the exact numbers, but that extra 60 feet doesnt mean 60 extra gallons of fuel, it may mean 120 or even 240 extra gallons just for that measly 6x10 foot difference that to you should make no difference

have you ever heard the old saying "the straw that broke the camels back" EVERYTHING has its limits, including buildings, what may seem miniscule, like a straw, may be the leading factor to a specific outcome, like breaking a camels back

---

...I believe that the building probably could sustain multiple impacts of jetliners...

yea that sounds like a solid statement rolleyes.gif

Edited by seeking

Do you have more on the Israelies at the time of 9/11 I was actually in Isreal and one of my friends father who works in the Egyptian Embassy in Israel told me how Israeli intelligence knew 9/11 was going to happen I doupted him then he said notice how not one Israeli died in 9/11.

Oops i said my freind worked at the embassy i meant his father worked their

494355[/snapback]

Doesn't suprise me that israeli intel knew about 9/11, i wouldn't be suprised if they where involved in the attacks, Israel will have a new ally ( The Americans ) fighting in the middle east. Israel intel seems to have there dirty little hand in everything going on in the U.S. Makes me wonder did the Learn any lessons from WW11 regarding oppression ?

I not surprised they knew i wouldn't be surprised if my professor at Cuny NYC was mossad, but I doubt they caused 9/11 if they really wanted an ally they would of warned the U.S. of the attack, why would they conspire with terrorist.

But anyway look at the vidoes of the 9/11 attack those planes completly busted through the buildings walls so they were not able to withstand the attack.

um....just 6 ft in length and just 10 ft in width you say, do you know what inertia is? that extra 60 cubic feet will add a lot more inertia to that plane, and more inertia means more fuel, more fuel means more damage

and the fuel to weight ratio is not directly proportional, i dont know the exact numbers, but that extra 60 feet doesnt mean 60 extra gallons of fuel, it may mean 120 or even 240 extra gallons just for that measly 6x10 foot difference that to you should make no difference

have you ever heard the old saying "the straw that broke the camels back" EVERYTHING has its limits, including buildings, what may seem miniscule, like a straw, may be the leading factor to a specific outcome, like breaking a camels back

---

...I believe that the building probably could sustain multiple impacts of jetliners...

yea that sounds like a solid statement rolleyes.gif

495238[/snapback]

the planes arent rectangles-in fact if you would have payed more attention it clearly stated that the 707s contain more kinetic energy due to the increased top speed

Given the differences in cruise speeds, a 707 in normal flight would actually have more kinetic energy than a 767, despite the slightly smaller size. Note the similar fuel capacities of both aircraft. The 767s used on September 11th were estimated to be carrying about 10,000 gallons of fuel each at the time of impact, only about 40% of the capacity of a 707.

about your last comment- let me put it this way-- who seems more credible to make an educated guess as to the the resiliance of wtc...hmmm...lets see

1-Frank A. Demartini, on-site construction manager for the World Trade Center

or

2-you

ha lol w00t.gif

about the mousad being involved -sometimes all you have to do is to look an an organizations main mission statement-

user posted image

Wow....this can of worms will never close on this website.

Let me just put a couple facts out there in what i believe happened on that day.....yes, there are many very suspicious circumstances, why did the buildings come down? weren't they engineered for those kinds of things? how come they came down if the fire was up top, wouldnt that cause it to tip over not collapse? what really hit the pentagon?

all very interesting questions that i dont think we will ever know or even come close to knowing because it will forever be speculation like many conspiracy theories in the past. But! i will say this, to say that an allied government of the US was notified or had prior knowledge of the attack before hand and did not warn the US.....is quite a stretch on the conspiracy radar. i cant imagine someone saying "You know, over 5000 people can possibly die from this thing, but we're not doing a damn thing cause we want to advance our cause." I just think it's highly improbable and highly unlikely.

Fearfulone in responce to what you just posted I'm going to post a quote a great man once said. But it could be applied to what a very dumb man did. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Wow....this can of worms will never close on this website.

Let me just put a couple facts out there in what i believe happened on that day.....yes, there are many very suspicious circumstances, why did the buildings come down?  weren't they engineered for those kinds of things?  how come they came down if the fire was up top, wouldnt that cause it to tip over not collapse?  what really hit the pentagon? 

all very interesting questions that i dont think we will ever know or even come close to knowing because it will forever be speculation like many conspiracy theories in the past.  But! i will say this, to say that an allied government of the US was notified or had prior knowledge of the attack before hand and did not warn the US.....is quite a stretch on the conspiracy radar.  i cant imagine someone saying "You know, over 5000 people can possibly die from this thing, but we're not doing a damn thing cause we want to advance our cause."  I just think it's highly improbable and highly unlikely.

496742[/snapback]

Exactly.

The idea of a US "conspiracy" with regards to 911 is absolutely insane.

ANY citizen, official or not, involved in such would agree to murdering thousands and look forward to an automatic death sentence. So, who would participate?

Get real.

It isn't the frist time someone has risked death or jail for their own selfish wants or for some political cause. I think you're the one who needs to get real.

The WTC was not designed to withstand the impact of a fully fueled jet liner, flying at near top speed, period, 707, 747, 767, or 777. They were designed to withstand the impact of a practically unfueled, slow flying, 707 caught in heavy fog.