Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police Officer Saves Infants Life

Use your brain

With such a tiny baby — Reed guessed it was about one month old — he used a two-fingered technique to start chest compressions. Then he used the heel of his hand on the baby’s back and gave her a gentle rap.

“Not hard, just enough to jolt the baby,” he says.

That’s when he heard a gasp that let him know the baby was breathing. Then, the baby started to cry.

“I knew we were good — when you can hear a baby cry, then you know you’re good,” Reed says.

http://wtop.com/mont...s-infants-life/

I wish more stories like this would get reported to help offset the bad ones. Not all cops are bad ones, and people need to remember that. I can be hard on them sometimes, and I believe the ones who abuse their positions need to have extreme consequences, but I think police deserve some good PR for a change.

Edited by Use your brain
  • Like 7

I agree, most policemen and women, I know became police, because the wanted to help people. About a year ago, a man in an electric wheelchair got caught in the rain on a road near my house. He chair quit working and he was stuck out in a bad lightning storm. A policeman stopped and covered him with an umbrella and pushed him home, then helped him dry off and waited with him, until family could get there to help him.

• Like 7

Use Your Brain, THANK YOU so much for posting this! I totally agree that the media needs to be more balanced in its coverage of news relating to our boys in blue, who put there life on the line everyday. Yes, there are some bad cops out there, but I believe the majority are decent hard working people. And I totally agree with you, that those who abuse their positions need to be punished severely for their actions!

• Like 7

No not all cops are bad, I think most people realize that some are really great guys but some aren't, they are a cross section of the rest of society. What needs to happen is the good ones stop protecting the ones that have no buisness being cops. Don't need cops that are on some sort of power trip or have a anger problem.

• Like 5

No not all cops are bad, I think most people realize that some are really great guys but some aren't, they are a cross section of the rest of society. What needs to happen is the good ones stop protecting the ones that have no buisness being cops. Don't need cops that are on some sort of power trip or have a anger problem.

I agree, but also the media needs to promote the good acts done by police officers.

• Like 2

where's Aztek?

I thought you said Police were there to look after themselves and the Government???

I don't suppose you will show up to a thread that contradicts your ridiculous assertion!

• Like 2

where's Aztek?

I thought you said Police were there to look after themselves and the Government???

I don't suppose you will show up to a thread that contradicts your ridiculous assertion!

i did and i still stand by it. this one case does not prove anything, anyone would do it, hell i would do it, im cpr trained and lisenced, i have to i'd get sued if i did not. why 7+ cops stood and watched garner die in their hands? and did nothing? why they did not enter app where they knew a person is getting killed. you said before you were gonna give me 10 examples for every 1 of mine, well i just gave you 2 real cases, erick gardner, and Yannick Brea. lets say this is 1, now bring 19 more

ridiculous assertion are all on your side, including stupidly ignoring of ussc rulling.

Edited by aztek

i did and i still stand by it. this one case does not prove anything, anyone would do it, hell i would do it, im cpr trained and lisenced, i have to i'd get sued if i did not. why 7+ cops stood and watched garner die in their hands? and did nothing? why they did not enter app where they knew a person is getting killed. you said before you were gonna give me 10 examples for every 1 of mine, well i just gave you 2 real cases, erick gardner, and Yannick Brea. lets say this is 1, now bring 19 more

ridiculous assertion are all on your side, including stupidly ignoring of ussc rulling.

firstly, the case you referred to has complications and reasons as to why they may not have entered, that aside, I accepted it as an example and I gave you a link to the FBI document which showed hundreds of 'most wanted' including rapists and murderers that were captured....I did not get a response. If the police only looked after themselves and Government why did they arrest and imprison all these rapists and murderers?

more importantly why are the prisons in the USA not empty?

• Like 2

I accepted it as an example and I gave you a link to the FBI document which showed hundreds of 'most wanted' including rapists and murderers that were captured....I did not get a response. I

what response did you expect to get???? they arrest crimials this is their job. their duty is to arrest criminals after the fact of commiting crimes, or people suspected of commiting crimes. not to prevnet crimes or protect individuals, how hard is it to understand? how many people uk police killed last year?

Edited by aztek

what response did you expect to get???? they arrest crimials this is their job. their duty is to arrest criminals after the fact of commiting crimes, or people suspected of commiting crimes. not to prevnet crimes or protect individuals, how hard is it to understand? how many people uk police killed last year?

ok so you admit that they are not there to simply protect themselves and Government???

how many crimes have been prevented by having these people behind bars?

• Like 1

ok so you admit that they are not there to simply protect themselves and Government???

how many crimes have been prevented by having these people behind bars?

their job is to arrest criminals, i have always said it, how many crimes, prevented, idk, do you? may be 0, but they were not arrested for something they might do, but for something they ALREADY did. with your logic gang mambers that killed other gang members aslo preventing crime and protect society from their possible future crimes.

so how many people uk police killed last year?

Edited by aztek

their job is to arrest criminals, i have always said it, how many crimes, prevented, idk, do you? may be 0, but they were not arrested for something they might do, but for something they ALREADY did. with your logic gang mambers that killed other gang members aslo preventing crime and protect society from their possible future crimes.

so how many people uk police killed last year?

and how are they supposed to simply arrest people under 'they might do something'??? seriously?

someone carries a gun, they arrest him....you then claim unjustified arrest and riot for a few days.

it seems they cant win

are you suggesting police should be psychic? maybe that would help.

and yes gang members should be free to kill each other and yes by default that protects the innocent people of this world.

stop asking about UK police as it amounts to a simple straw man argument. You cannot compare the pressure of the US police force facing split second decisions against gun carrying criminals....

• Like 2

Don't you see how silly you are being? Crucifying a whole group on the actions of a few is absurd. Do you think all priests are pedophiles? All blacks steal hubcaps?

• Like 3

lacks

Don't you see how silly you are being? Crucifying a whole group on the actions of a few is absurd.

no i do not see it silly, i already explained why. but i do see you as ultra silly to compare race you are born with and have no choice , to a chosen profession

Edited by aztek

are you suggesting police should be psychic? maybe that would help.

well they are acting like phsychics when they "afraid for their life" and kill unarmed people just on what they presume they would do.

Edited by aztek

This happened the next city over from me here in the Washington, DC area. GOOD FOR HIM!! Bravo!!! 2u8b0iw.jpg I love good news. Now, why was the baby like this and what was the mother doing in the car just crying and not getting any other help? Interesting.

• Like 3

well they are acting like phsychics when they "afraid for their life" and kill unarmed people just on what they presume they would do.

as I said before they need to make quick decisions and being human they can get these wrong.

Suggesting there is a hidden agenda is foolish. Most people who join the force want to help. simple as that

and whilst we have people like you who find rioting a justifiable exercise then I see little hope for the future

• Like 2

no i do not see it silly, i already explained why. but i do see you as ultra silly to compare race you are born with and have no choice , to a chosen profession

Your explanations were reaches at best.

• Like 1

as I said before they need to make quick decisions and being human they can get these wrong.

Suggesting there is a hidden agenda is foolish. Most people who join the force want to help. simple as that

and whilst we have people like you who find rioting a justifiable exercise then I see little hope for the future

don't put your "words in my mouth" i never said rioting a justifiable exercise.

the agenda is not hidden it is out in the open, but you are not capable of seeing it. you have a bad case of "anchoring effect" as far as future, i see people like you as a problem, even more than rouge cops.

Edited by aztek

don't put your "words in my mouth" i never said rioting a justifiable exercise.

the agenda is not hidden it is out in the open, but you are not capable of seeing it. you have a bad case of "anchoring effect" as far as future, i see people like you as a problem, even more than rouge cops.

ok so just to be clear, you think the rioting AND looting was not justifiable and those that took part should be punished?

• Like 1

to be clear?? was it not clear enough first 10 times?? i do not think you can get it clear, g'd day

that's it..... swerve it once more

rather than a yes or a no you type out 20-odd words.

• Like 1

nice story... Good job Officer.

• Like 1

Gidday Mate (Aussie NOT British traditional greeting, but you and I know what part of the world we are from LOL!)

It is foolish and paranoid, I agree, if that is a genuine threat, and an honest evaluation, you would think the US might rethink it's hiring practises for police!!

After all, it is not rocket science is it!

And where do they find these people?? Only corrupt evil people can become police???? Not educational and physical tests like the rest of the world???

Done the beep test, far out. Tough.

I am really glad our cultures do not breed such high levels of distrust and paranoia.

• Like 1