Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gary Galka :

Bogeyman

Well... I love this show. I respect them. I am glad to see them trying to help people. However, I don't see how celebrating her birthday every year with a birthday cake and keeping her voicemail on her cell phone is helping them move on? Its kind of morbid.

Picked this up from the British newspapers....an unusual episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F3MCPeyWv8Q

Here's the news story to go with it -

http://www.ctnow.com/news/hc--melissa-galka-accident-paranormal-20120423,0,1567213.story

Well, if they are participating in actually helping someone then yea, awesome....but most of the time these guys are so dramatic and they hear something every second of investigation and they play it back to you 3 times each time....gawdddd i get so annoyed...my girlfriend watches all the supernatural shows, as do I. Well, besides this one. But i just don't understand how you can be so fake one second then the next show they are "helping" someone like it may show here...Like maybe this is just a change in idea to keep viewers watching their show(i could be wrong). I dunno maybe they just annoy me so much, and the main guy is just the stereotype of a complete doosch...haha but yea thumbs up if they are actually helping for the right reason.

Are you kidding me?! Yet another reason why I am doing what I'm doing. Just another person trying to make a fast buck off the uneducated, naive people of our planet that spend their free time watching Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters and the like believing them to be real! I'm going to be writing this man and getting to the bottom of this. This truly is nothing more than a gimmick!

And anyone whom falls for this I suppose deserves it lol. Does he think because his equipment was featured on Ghost Adventures he's gaining credibility? In fact, being he's associated with those moronic simpletons degrades his credibility to anyone of merit. I've recently posted on another topic here almost about this same thing of which I'm going to quote here to save me some time.

I've said it multiple times on here and will say it again. The world of the Paranormal as whole is in it's infantile stages. What we have in society regarding the issue of the Paranormal is something similar to the Spiritualists from the 20's and 30's. Frauds were using simple tricks and the uneducated masses to milk millions from society. Claiming they would contact their deceased loved ones and do all sorts of super natural things for money. This only stopped after Houdini took it upon himself to expose this fraudulent behavior.

Fast Forward to modern times and the masses watching GH, GHI, GA and the like and all of a sudden you have thousands of "Professional Investigators" stomping through cemeteries, people's homes, abandoned buildings any with simple equipment they've purchased off the internet, and without and scientific knowledge of how to actually gather data or use any scientific standards, they go about making great claims of the Paranormal.

Some go into people's homes and validate that their "loved one" is still in the home, or even worse, they scare the living daylights out of the children involved. Most is harmless, some isn't.

There are a very VERY select few whom are actually educated, connected with higher education entities and are using true scientific method to research this. The field of Paranormal Research is in a very infantile stage at this moment. Where they are simply setting up the procedures and protocols for going about the research.

The "device" is likely a simple crystal detector with amplifier that would indeed be sensitive to any RF source including nearby radio transmitters. This same type of tool is used by power utilities to find "noisy" wiring. Human voice is a mechanical event. So, why would one expect a ghost to be a source of electrical RF, in effect, a radio transmitter?

100% agree with Colorado Paranormal,another "scam" merchant robbing gullible folk.These people should be reported to the authorities for full investigation,and pending the outcome Jailed/fined..

Colorado, I take it you are a skeptical investigator. Childish name calling doesn't win you any credibility. The fact that there are any shows on TV addressing the paranormal is encouraging to me, no matter how trite they may seem. It's standard fare for TV. As to the subject of EVP, it is a very real phenomenon. The voices do appear, and are responsive to questioning. They are often indicative of communication from the deceased. Serious researchers are reluctant to ascribe them to a particular source, however. It may be a shared medium, or evidence of an even more complex process that as yet eludes scientific understanding. It does not take any complex equipment to capture the voices. It takes patient listening to interpret what is heard. Some voices are loud and clear, others are not. Often many voices are heard simultaneously. Practiced researchers can also develop the ability to hear them audibly as they are being recorded. The voices can sometimes trigger a voice-activated recorder. The entire phenomena should be considered in a serious light, as it may be relevant to issues of mental illness, where hearing voices is defined as a delusional experience. In the case of this story, losing a child may be the most difficult experience a person can ever endure. Whatever means the parents use to deal with their loss is valid, and should not be judged as morbid. Best wishes to the family.

• Like 1

ecto I totally agree...morbid indeed...its time to move on..youll see her in another life

Great... if it works. Wondering if this device comes with a money back guarantee if you don't get any messages! If I shelled out 350 for some 'high tech' I would expect results.

I think sometimes "some" members on this forum are a little dramatic.

Why can't people just be fans of the show? Its for entertainment purposes only. Not all believers believe them and just watch it to be entertained.

• Like 1

Ecto76, have you ever lost a child?? My son passed almost a year ago and I can agree that trying to move on is what's best, it is almost impossible at times. He was only 7 weeks old and his first birthday just went by. We didn't have cake but we did tie balloons to his grave and have lunch to remember him. I'm saying unless you know the grief a parent feels than try not to say things like its morbid. When he first died I was so filled with grief I literally looked into ways to turn back time, I know that seems silly but the pain takes over your life. Hope this helps people understand a bit better

• Like 1

I think sometimes "some" members on this forum are a little dramatic.

Why can't people just be fans of the show? Its for entertainment purposes only. Not all believers believe them and just watch it to be entertained.

I agree that it's for entertainment purposes only and I've said it before, I watch at times to get a laugh. However, there's multitudes whom don't think this way and take these shows as fact. That's where the problem comes about I'm afraid. :hmm:

I haven't lost a child, don't have any kids. Hope to some day... but I have lost loved ones, relatives and close friends. So yes I am familiar with the pain. It might be greater with the loss of a child but I can relate to you. I guess everyone mourns differently. I just think lighting a birthday cake every birthday of hers is not helping them grieve with it, is it?

@ Colorado Paranormal... I agree with you.

He makes audio boxes for Ghost Adventures.....saw the show last week about the investigation for his daughter...was really cool!!! He isn't the type of person to fake something so important to him!!! It isnt fake either.....they get answers to questions they ask all the time on the show using the spirit boxes...he did contact his daughter...you should watch the show!!! It's on the Travel Channel. Ghost Advdentures came to a town near us last year and investigated an old sanitarium. Such unbelievers here....just like with the UFO's....why do you even come to these pages and read them then? I have watched Ghost Adventures since the very beginning....and they are not fakes!!! I have watched them and their reactions and believe me...they are just real people interested in the paranormal only taking it a step further....very interesting shows and you, unbelievers, are only fooling yourselves!!!!!!!! Ghost Hunters is a great show also....seen them all!!! If you don't believe in the parnormal.....then stay off these pages!!!!!!!!!!!

You're just jealous of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?! Yet another reason why I am doing what I'm doing. Just another person trying to make a fast buck off the uneducated, naive people of our planet that spend their free time watching Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters and the like believing them to be real! I'm going to be writing this man and getting to the bottom of this. This truly is nothing more than a gimmick!

And anyone whom falls for this I suppose deserves it lol. Does he think because his equipment was featured on Ghost Adventures he's gaining credibility? In fact, being he's associated with those moronic simpletons degrades his credibility to anyone of merit. I've recently posted on another topic here almost about this same thing of which I'm going to quote here to save me some time.

• Like 1

100% agree with Colorado Paranormal,another "scam" merchant robbing gullible folk.These people should be reported to the authorities for full investigation,and pending the outcome Jailed/fined..

Not fakes...already been proven....they have been on numerous shows and proved that what they do is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't lost a child, don't have any kids. Hope to some day... but I have lost loved ones, relatives and close friends. So yes I am familiar with the pain. It might be greater with the loss of a child but I can relate to you. I guess everyone mourns differently. I just think lighting a birthday cake every birthday of hers is not helping them grieve with it, is it?

@ Colorado Paranormal... I agree with you.

Nothing morbid about wanting to know that there is life beyond the grave.....it is great and interesting and fantastic!! A lot of people have had experiences with spirits and it has them asking questions and that is what these guys do....just trying to find some answers to things that happened to them and other people!!! Then there is the dangerous side....because there is that line between what is spirits and what is demonic!!! These guys do not do this lightly!!!

Nothing morbid about wanting to know that there is life beyond the grave.....it is great and interesting and fantastic!! A lot of people have had experiences with spirits and it has them asking questions and that is what these guys do....just trying to find some answers to things that happened to them and other people!!! Then there is the dangerous side....because there is that line between what is spirits and what is demonic!!! These guys do not do this lightly!!!

Sorry, I disagree. IMO; I don't think it is helping the family grieve by saying its okay to keep lighting a birthday cake for a deceased loved one every birthday of hers? Again, just my opinion but its not sitting well with me.

Even though I am a firm believer, I agree with most skeptics about TV shows. Its purely for entertainment. Do not take them seriously. They will do anything for ratings & to make money. I bet you anything that this episode was a propaganda to promote this guy building equipment for him and help sales. Only because I just don't see how they helped this family at all besides communicate with their deceased daughter???

Most families just want to know that they are in a safe place or that they moved on. As much as I like the show and respect the guys, I don't see that being normal. JMO... :blink:

• Like 1

Sorry, I disagree. IMO; I don't think it is helping the family grieve by saying its okay to keep lighting a birthday cake for a deceased loved one every birthday of hers? Again, just my opinion but its not sitting well with me.

Even though I am a firm believer, I agree with most skeptics about TV shows. Its purely for entertainment. Do not take them seriously. They will do anything for ratings & to make money. I bet you anything that this episode was a propaganda to promote this guy building equipment for him and help sales. Only because I just don't see how they helped this family at all besides communicate with their deceased daughter???

Most families just want to know that they are in a safe place or that they moved on. As much as I like the show and respect the guys, I don't see that being normal. JMO... :blink:

That is all the guy wanted to do was make sure she is safe and verify there is hope of seeing her again!! By having a birthday cake, it is just their way of remembering her....people put poems in the paper, erect statues, make tee shirts, signs on their car windows......lots of ways to remember their love one who have gone before them.....I see nothing weird about a cake!! I have read Zac's book, seen all their shows, seen them on news shows....we are even friends on facebook....there is nothing fake about what they do....they are very serious about the whole thing!! and it was up to this guy as to whether he wanted to go public about his daughter.....and communicating with her....so what? He too is very serious about the whole thing!! It is because of GA and GH that paranormal investigating has reached new levels and we are coming closer to trying to understand more about the paranormal!!

Even the government has had them investigate plane hangers, ships, light houses, etc for them.

Edited by harleyblueswoman

Mod Edit: Removed snide offensive comments

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 1

I think there's a saying, I know I must have heard it somewhere, that the more exclamation points you include in your posts the more desperate you appear when trying to get your point across. I mean come on, do you really think people will take your posts seriously :rolleyes: Should we call the paramedic? :hmm:

• Like 2

Not fakes...already been proven....they have been on numerous shows and proved that what they do is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell you what Harley.. when someone shows me one of these toys.. and it does what they say it does.. right in front of my eyes.. then I will believe.. it is so easy to edit stuff for a TV show to get the right thing that they want.. so if some paranormal show say's 'These are the bees knees and really work.. go get one' first thing I will do is laugh at the twits that rush out to get one..

GA.. I laugh myself silly when I watch it.. That show is for the seriously gullible..

GH I find a little more interesting.. there is only a couple of times I smile slightly when something interesting happens..

Most haunted from england.. is another in the GA genre..

I have yet to see a paranomal show that make me sit up and take notice..

On a side note.. I did a twilight tour of fremantle prison.. built in 1855.. closed in 1992 .. supposed to be the most haunted building in western australia.. people have seen ghosts.. orbs.. been touched.. taken photos that show orbs.. or spirits.. doors opening and slamming shut.. there have been reports of ghosts for a number of years..

was a good tour.. did I see anything.. nope.. did I feel anything.. nope.. did doors open and slam shut.. yep.. but they were from the tour group behind us.. did I take photos.. quite a few.. was there any orbs or spirits.. guess what.. nope.. there was bugger all..

Guess I must have been there while the ghosts were having a holiday..

He makes audio boxes for Ghost Adventures.....saw the show last week about the investigation for his daughter...was really cool!!! He isn't the type of person to fake something so important to him!!! It isnt fake either.....they get answers to questions they ask all the time on the show using the spirit boxes...he did contact his daughter...you should watch the show!!! It's on the Travel Channel. Ghost Advdentures came to a town near us last year and investigated an old sanitarium. Such unbelievers here....just like with the UFO's....why do you even come to these pages and read them then? I have watched Ghost Adventures since the very beginning....and they are not fakes!!! I have watched them and their reactions and believe me...they are just real people interested in the paranormal only taking it a step further....very interesting shows and you, unbelievers, are only fooling yourselves!!!!!!!! Ghost Hunters is a great show also....seen them all!!! If you don't believe in the parnormal.....then stay off these pages!!!!!!!!!!!

*snip*

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
Garbage post removed

It would seem that you are getting really upset about this,and its up to you what you believe or disbelieve,but you cannot tell folk to stay off these pages.Chill out Lady and dont insult other peoples intelligence.No one in the history of mankind has ever contacted the dead,and are not likely to,until they get there.