Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Adam Kokesh: "Assault me?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Bring it on!    You (James "I will kill people" Yeager) want to come to my door and shoot me?   I dare you."

Posted Image

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

I can't watch the video ,so if this is in regard to my comment ,apologies ,but I heard he was arrested in Philadelphia today. The cops planted drugs on him . Something to this affect ,but I don't know all the details .

Miss me?

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,514 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

do you automatically assume that someoncaught with drugs was set up by the cops or just htis bloke?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 20 May 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

I can't watch the video ,so if this is in regard to my comment ,apologies ,but I heard he was arrested in Philadelphia today. The cops planted drugs on him . Something to this affect ,but I don't know all the details .

I read about it as well.

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 20 May 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

do you automatically assume that someoncaught with drugs was set up by the cops or just htis bloke?

It's more the facts surrounding what happened that is questionable.

He was arrested at a Marijuana march. He had not smoked any Marijuana but others had. The Police arrested a lot of people including him. On the grounds of smoking Marijuana, they then let everyone else go (including those who where caught smoking marijuana) BUT kept him locked up.... Now that is suspicious.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,514 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

yeah, that's a bit suspect.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&v=ZNeDQsLoVAo#

Edited by Kowalski, 20 May 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 20 May 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

You can actually see the cops palming something into his back pocket on the video of the incident .Best guess,his lawyer will have a field day with that .
Given he's the guy who's hosting and planned the upcoming  armed march on Washington dc ,its a given they wanted to crucify him ,and he's being watched .

Setting him up at a weapons free, peaceful marijuana protest ,before the weapons march can take place ,I'm sure was pre planned ,and a good way to keep the dc march from happening.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 20 May 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Miss me?

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 20 May 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

You can actually see the cops palming something into his back pocket on the video of the incident .Best guess,his lawyer will have a field day with that .
Given he's the guy who's hosting and planned the upcoming  armed march on Washington dc ,its a given they wanted to crucify him ,and he's being watched .

Setting him up at a weapons free, peaceful marijuana protest ,before the weapons march can take place ,I'm sure was pre planned ,and a good way to keep the dc march from happening.

Alex warned him to be careful, that because of the March coming up on July 4th they'd be out to get him.....

And yes, you can see the police man planting something in his back pocket in the video. Real smooth guys....lol

#9    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Ahhh....just found the video. It will probably be removed from YouTube soon so share it with everyone:

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=JnmZFC4g3Fw

Okay watch 00:36 - 00:38.....

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

They had marijuana on them and started smoking it and the cops moved in.   Adam was speaking at the time on a platform. Police didn't arrest anyone in previous rallies to my knowledge, but observed passively instead.   I'm not going to believe planting conspiracies based on creative interpretation of video evidence.  

* snip *

Marijuana laws are set up so growing it is many times worse than having it, selling it is many times worse than having it, so logically why wouldn't pushing it be worse than having it? I would think that a cult of personality on the airwaves convincing people to have it, use it, sell it, grow it would be worse than a foot soldier in the field pulling a trigger (selling a dimebag).  Not that I think this is bad, I'm just trying to think like a government goon and put those marijuana-based atrocities into perspective.

Edited by Saru, 21 May 2013 - 09:20 AM.
Video removed due to drug content, profanity

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#11    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

The comment section says the guy in the video was a supporter of Kokesh, and that Kokesh was not charged with any illegal drugs.

#12    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

But I do like Kokesh's video above.  I've watched several of James Yeagers videos on guns.  Kokesh puts him in his place, I think.  But to be fair, here is Yeagers video response.  He brings up good points, but I think he tried to bully Kokesh into shutting up.

http://www.everydayn...ry-march-on-dc/

Edited by supervike, 20 May 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#13    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Incarcerated political activist Adam Kokesh, arrested by police for exercising his First Amendment rights during a pro-marijuana legalization protest on Saturday, is set to be charged with “assaulting a federal police officer,” despite the fact that the video of the incident shows him not resisting arrest.

“I’ve received word from a reputable but not official contact that Adam will be charged with assaulting a federal officer under 18 USC 111,” writes supporter and activist George Donnelly. “This is a very serious charge. Take note that this is not official information yet. The source however is very reputable.”

Kokesh was kidnapped by Philadelphia police as he gave a keynote speech on Saturday. The former Marine was not smoking or in possession of any drugs when he was arrested.

Video of the incident shows Kokesh holding up his hands as he is dragged away. Not only did Kokesh not resist arrest, he made no aggressive moves to any police officer, as the footage clearly shows.

If he is charged with assaulting an officer, Kokesh will become the latest of a plethora of Americans who have been hit with such a charge despite acting in a totally peaceful and compliant manner. In some cases, people who have received brutal beat downs at the hands of police have later been charged with assaulting a cop.

The charge, which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in jail, would almost certainly scupper Kokesh’s plans of leading an armed march on Washington DC in July if authorities are able to make it stick.

Supporters of Kokesh are encouraging people to politely but firmly demand information on Kokesh’s circumstances by calling the numbers below.

(1) US Attorney (Phila): (215) 861-8200
(2) US Magistrate (Phila): (215) 597-6079
(3) Philadelphia Federal Prison: 215-521-4000 (wait a sec, then press 0)
(4) US Federal Courthouse (Phila): (215) 597-7704
(5) US Park Police Office of the Chief in DC: (202) 619-7350 and Philadelphia: 215-597-7077

Adam Kokesh is currently being held at:

FEDERAL DETENTION CENTER
700 ARCH STREET
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106
Phone: 215-521-4000
Fax: 215-521-7220
E-mail address2: PHL/EXECASSISTANT@BOP.GOV

Taken from http://www.infowars....ederal-officer/

Seriously, when did exercising your First Amendment rights become a crime? And he was the ONLY ONE arrested! Not to mention he wasn't smoking anything at all, as you can see from the videos....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Some people obviously need to read the Constitution again....

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

People routinely get arrested for "assaulting a police officer" when they did no such thing.   If you are in a car and you vaguely steer toward a police officer for one moment who just happens to be standing in the middle of the road, that would qualify.   I think the standard of evidence is "He was driving towards me and I felt my life was in danger."   If you're in a car chase and you run into a police cruiser with your car because they're getting in front of you trying to slow you down, that's assaulting a police officer too.   You think you only stole a car and went on a joy ride?  When you get to court you realize there's 10+ charges against you.  That's not a conspiracy, that's another boring day in court.   But I'm sure the Alex Jones crowd will sprout more conspiracies than we can carry with two arms, and as always, jumping on yet another conspiracy theory doesn't help Adam Kokesh or the truth.  It's why Alex Jones does more to cause the problems he rants about than the reverse.

#15    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

I think that such "conflicts" between two alpha-male cults of personality make each of them more popular.

I've been trying to put my finger on an inconsistency with Adam Kokesh and after some time thinking about it I think I'm ready to reveal it.    If one is going to champion a voluntarist society, which I think is a wonderful endeavor btw, then one must also learn a high degree of tolerance for what other people volunteer to do or say.    Adam should save his ammo for those who forcibly prevent voluntary actions of other people (which may include himself but ideally wouldn't) not sensationalize himself by showing intolerance and invitations to violence.   Apologies in advance to the Kokesh fans, but as always I'm just calling it like I see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users