Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New TEXAS college shooting, breaking news

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#16    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,175 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Dang. How sad. Sounds like the 2 shooters were after each other, not students, and that one of the shooters and 2 students where shot during the confrontation.
Second gunman still on the loose, suspected to now be off-campus(unless that's changed)

#17    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,646 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postseeder, on 22 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

yeh Ive not heard of any deaths yet either, but thats a GOOD thing isn't it?
Absolutely. Have just been running through the comments on CNN page, one person said the Texans love their guns, the government know this so nothing will get done there, its just another day in Texas.
Interesting article about the ages, someone pointed out that this generation of young shooters are the result of irresponsible adults bringing up their child around guns, if this is the case, then there could be many more out there.
Hopefully all gun owners will take this into account when bringing up their child around guns and we hope they are responsible enough to know how to.....maybe this should be taken into account when the parents go to buy a gun as it does seem that its a certain generation of teenagers who are doing the shooting at the moment.   Just a thought!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#18    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,012 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 22 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

I hear what you're saying man, but I'd rather be able to defend myself from violent crime, with a firearm, if necessary. Violent crime is a huge problem in the UK.

tell me about it, but if you see our city centers its mostly drunken late teens or early twenty somethings fighting in the taxi ranks after the clubs close.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#19    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,675 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Oh, Texas...

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#20    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,175 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I guess a 4th person has suffered a heart attack, according to CNN. Their life or death condition was not reported.

#21    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,270 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

We should ban heart attacks.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#22    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Isn't this kind of 'BREAKING NEWS HAPPENING NOW ALL INFO HERE' thing what feeds conspiracies because of the inaccuracies? If this is as big as Sandy Hook or any of the others can anyone else smell 'conspiracy'?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,646 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 22 January 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

lol

not sure if they care, it didn`t even get into the news to draw in the ratings.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#24    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,646 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostHasina, on 22 January 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Isn't this kind of 'BREAKING NEWS HAPPENING NOW ALL INFO HERE' thing what feeds conspiracies because of the inaccuracies? If this is as big as Sandy Hook or any of the others can anyone else smell 'conspiracy'?
Do not believe any of them are conspiracies, they are  a bunch of eft upped teenagers with guns.

#25    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

This sounds like two guys getting in a violent argument, not a 'school shooting.'

So it probably wasn't orchestrated by Obama, right? Oo

Embrace the impossible.

#26    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,012 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostHasina, on 22 January 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

there wasn't inaccuracy, only uncertainty... as it was still being played out when the link was posted, who could possibly know how it'd end?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#27    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

View Postseeder, on 22 January 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

there wasn't inaccuracy, only uncertainty... as it was still being played out when the link was posted, who could possibly know how it'd end?
I mean when all is said and done. When we come back and start tossing up threads like 'Texas Shooting Conspiracy?!' and you'll have people referring back to the news stories that were coming out during the shooting. Ones referring to details not yet confirmed and the like. You've been in a few Sandy Hook threads I've read, you've read how some will bring up details that were from 'unconfirmed sources' or that vary from source to source because the different news outlets received details at different times. The inconsistencies of these immediate reports will feed a conspiracy usually.

Edited by Hasina, 22 January 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#28    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,175 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 22 January 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yeah, I hope mine is banned.  :passifier:

#29    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,646 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostHasina, on 22 January 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

I mean when all is said and done. When we come back and start tossing up threads like 'Texas Shooting Conspiracy?!' and you'll have people referring back to the news stories that were coming out during the shooting. Ones referring to details not yet confirmed and the like. You've been in a few Sandy Hook threads I've read, you've read how some will bring up details that were from 'unconfirmed sources' or that vary from source to source because the different news outlets received details at different times. The inconsistencies of these immediate reports will feed a conspiracy usually.
Its started already, have a look at the statement updates.   oh dear!

#30    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,646 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postpallidin, on 22 January 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Yeah, I hope mine is banned.  :passifier:
Oh me too, where do I sign the petition?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users