Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

In the blink of an Eye...

rapture end times apocalyptic literature revelation the bible

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,105 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 June 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Since the times of those writings much has changed in the world. How would he come back and be recognized?  Many a man has stood with boards round their necks proclaiming they are the new Christ and how where they accepted?
Which woman will be chosen to be the mother of this man?
What will he be while growing up that will make him stand out from the other children around him?
Will his claiming of the new christ  occur when he reaches adulthood and how will that stand up in society today?
Will we witness actual miracles or like so many others will be debunked before they hit a second day in the tabloids?
How will he be any different from any other man and actually stand out?
And please do not say " we will know when the time comes"

None of those things apply... using the words of Jesus himself:

Matthew 26:64-68

And the high priest said to him, “I adjure you by the living God, tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.”

64Jesus said to him, “You have said so. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

65Then the high priest tore his robes and said, He has uttered blasphemy. What further witnesses do we need? You have now heard his blasphemy. 66What is your judgment?” They answered, “He deserves death.” 67Then they spit in his face and struck him. And some slapped him, 68saying, “Prophesy to us, you Christ! Who is it that struck you?”

This however is not the Rapture.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#17    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 June 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Sorry, you are right.
So he will come out of a cave?
So basically, there will be no mother, no growing up, no miracles or followers , he will just suddenly appear?
How is he going to achieve this in our society today?

Will we actually know when it happens or find out in about 300 odd years later when someone writes about it?

No, no mother, no cave, none of  that at all. When He returns, EVERYONE will know. Can I tell you the details, no. But I can say that it's going to be beyond our "society" as we know it anyways. Just keep looking up ;), He is coming back from above.

Edited by Jessem, 10 June 2013 - 09:58 PM.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostJor-el, on 10 June 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

None of those things apply... using the words of Jesus himself:

Matthew 26:64-68

And the high priest said to him, “I adjure you by the living God, tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.”

64Jesus said to him, “You have said so. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

65Then the high priest tore his robes and said, He has uttered blasphemy. What further witnesses do we need? You have now heard his blasphemy. 66What is your judgment?” They answered, “He deserves death.” 67Then they spit in his face and struck him. And some slapped him, 68saying, “Prophesy to us, you Christ! Who is it that struck you?”

This however is not the Rapture.
Lets hope he gets his timing right, because the clouds have been pretty ferocious in places lately.
Why does none of my questions apply? what do you think will happen for people to recognize his arrival?
And what is this power, cos there are sure to be a few out there who think they are the powerful ones.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostJessem, on 10 June 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

No, no mother, no cave, none of  that at all. When He returns, EVERYONE will know. Can I tell you the details, no. But I can say that it's going to be beyond our "society" as we know it anyways. Just keep looking up ;), He is coming back from above.

Ok, if he makes it safely though the Earth's atmosphere without burning up and arrives without being mistaken as an alien, then we will see. But in todays day and age, he will have his work cut out. We know a lot more today about our skies then in the days of the writing of the Bible.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,105 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 June 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Lets hope he gets his timing right, because the clouds have been pretty ferocious in places lately.
Why does none of my questions apply? what do you think will happen for people to recognize his arrival?
And what is this power, cos there are sure to be a few out there who think they are the powerful ones.

Imagine the whole world suddenly looking up and finding the heavens opening up and Jesus descending from Heaven, in full view of them all. This called the 2nd coming of Christ. The Power is metaphorical language for God the Father which none can see.

The Rapture on the other hand happens before all this. Imagine a world where suddenly millions of people, the world over, disappear without a trace, and they all seem to be Christians of one denomination or other. No-one will ever find them because they were simply taken, from the world before the great tribulation comes. They were all taken to be with God, no death needed.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#21    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,012 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Ok I have never really understood Revelations. It really doesn't make much sense when you read it.  Bottom line, is Jesus going to come and take all the Christian fundamentalist off the Earth or not?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#22    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,105 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 10 June 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Ok I have never really understood Revelations. It really doesn't make much sense when you read it.  Bottom line, is Jesus going to come and take all the Christian fundamentalist off the Earth or not?

Basically yes... poof, gone... no more Christianity.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#23    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,012 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

:clap:

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#24    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,105 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 10 June 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

:clap:

Somehow I knew you would like that.... :whistle:

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostJor-el, on 10 June 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Imagine the whole world suddenly looking up and finding the heavens opening up and Jesus descending from Heaven, in full view of them all. This called the 2nd coming of Christ. The Power is metaphorical language for God the Father which none can see.

The Rapture on the other hand happens before all this. Imagine a world where suddenly millions of people, the world over, disappear without a trace, and they all seem to be Christians of one denomination or other. No-one will ever find them because they were simply taken, from the world before the great tribulation comes. They were all taken to be with God, no death needed.

FCOL!!! please! the other religions will love this!
But if all the christians are taken away first, (as stated above in your post) then who is going to be here to greet him when he appears? the muslims and the jews and the non religious people? dear oh dear!

#26    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,012 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

I think the plan is to kill us.  :gun:

#27    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,105 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 10 June 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

I think the plan is to kill us.  :gun:

Actually no.. the plan is to destroy those who followed the antichrist and then Earth will become protectorate and a Theocracy in the ultimate sense of the word. Humanity will be ruled by God.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#28    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,231 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 June 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

what? he will come back on a cross? thats going to cause a few stirs!
But what about his mother, who will she be?
No, he ascended into heaven some time after he was crucified. He subsequently appeared to his former friends and talked with them (the occasion when he invited Thomas to prod the wounds just to prove that he was really who he said he was).

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#29    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,231 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 June 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Sorry, you are right.
So he will come out of a cave?
So basically, there will be no mother, no growing up, no miracles or followers , he will just suddenly appear?
How is he going to achieve this in our society today?

Will we actually know when it happens or find out in about 300 odd years later when someone writes about it?
this is actually a good question. Would he do everything again in the same way as the first time, or would he suddenly appear one day and say "Hi guys, i'm back!"? And would we recognise him if he did, since he probably wouldn't have looked much like all the popular images, which were all given a bit of a gloss?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#30    Roddy

Roddy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

• The Truth is out there.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

To answer your opening question, No, I don't think there will ever be a rapture.

I honestly believe the book of Revelation was written for the people of that time as a ray of hope against persecution. I also understand that I could be wrong.
But as of right now that is how I see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users