Photo

Pastafarianism and Russell's Teapot

Posted by Supersquatch , in Science vs. Religion 05 January 2013 · 594 views

russells teapot pastafarianism

Posted Image

In January of 2005, Bobby Henderson of Oregon State University protested against the Kansas State Department of Education, as it taught creationism in science classes throughout the state. In his letter to the school board, he said that he could make up his own deity and worship that and it would have to be taught as fact, as God was, and needed to be respected equally. He imagined a parody of creationism, except instead of God there would be a deity made out of spaghetti. He deemed this the "Flying Spaghetti Monster," the deity of Pastafarianism (parodic of Rastafarianism). After posting his letter to the school board on his website, the FSM became an internet phenomena.

Suggestions, 1:1 of the Gospels of the Flying Spaghetti Monster said:

I am the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Thou shalt have no other monsters before Me. (Afterwards is OK; just use protection.) The only Monster who deserves capitalization is Me! Other monsters are false monsters, undeserving of capitalization.

Slackers, 1:51-2 of the Gospels of the Flying Spaghetti Monster said:

"Since you have done a half-ass job, you will receive half an ass!" The Great Pirate Solomon grabbed his ceremonial scimitar and struck his remaining donkey, cleaving it in two.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is similar to Russell's teapot. Russell's teapot is an analogy first used by Bertrand Russell to explain that being unable to falsify an obviously stupid idea isn't proof that the idea is true. He said that if he claimed a teapot was orbiting around the sun in between Earth and Mars, it would be nonsensical of others to believe him, because they couldn't falsify it.

Atheist make such fools of themselves LOL.
doug

Supersquatch
Jan 06 2013 07:37 PM

dougeaton, on 05 January 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

Atheist make such fools of themselves LOL.
doug

Care to explain? Because these are valid arguments.

Get Updates for New Posts

Click the "Follow this blog" button on the homepage to receive updates whenever a new post is written on Supersquatch.

Search My Blog

Short Stories

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    adderiexola
    01 Jan 2014 - 17:17
  • Photo