Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sasquatch sighting further info relating to....

bigfootyeti

I was camping three days ago at Loon Lake in British Columbia Canada with my friend... We set up camp at 6:20 pm and then went to the river to go fish at about 7:00. We approached the river, and saw a huge black furry thing in the river catching fish. We first thought it was a grizzly bear from far away so we kept distance...We slowly approached the river about 120 yards away. IT WAS NO GRIZZLY BEAR..It was a bigfoot. He was eating fish in the river... He then seemed alerted and started to sniff the air... We then stepped back a bit. He was directly looking at us. He turned around to face us...He then darted through the river at an extremely fast pace into the woods behind him...He was about 7-8 feet tall and could have weighed 400 pounds-500. We were freaked and took off the same day !!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• bigfootyeti

• DarkSide

• BurnSide

Yeah, and Mothman is on my bed right now watching CSI with me. He likes the crime dramas. grin2.gif

There's something that just dosn't seem right with your sighting, but what do I know. Not much.

How do you know it was not a Grizzly? Describe.

Guys this is a serious forum why would he waste time writing stupid stuff here.

i believe you dude but can you describe it please?

I did NOT say that he was not serious. I asked how he knew it was not a grizzly. You know, looking at it from all angles instead of jumping to conclusions, like you should. Chances are he probably saw nothing more than a bear from across the river, which is why i asked how exactly he knew it was a Sasquatch, even though no one even knows exactly what they look like since none have been discovered.

I do agree with burnside if it would not be a serious forum if everyone just jumped right to the conclusion that it was actually bigfoot.

It was probably a bear because sniffing at the air seems more like bear than ape behavior. Also you would be surprised at how fast a bear can run when it wants to.

You know, looking at it from all angles instead of jumping to conclusions, like you should
how did he jump to conclusions? burnside, your not being the best member you can be right now.

lets try to stay on topic please

Edited by Kismit

We were freaked and took off the same day !!!!!

277606[/snapback]

Wussie!!! LOL, I'm just kidding. Damn it, why didn't you go get a camera or a voice recorder. That's what I would have done, but then again, I never saw a bigfoot, so I might be talking mad **** right now original.gif Thanks for the story. Have you posted it on GCBRO or any other bigfoot sites? Sometimes they have researchers that will go check the area out for scat and whatnot.

I did NOT say that he was not serious. I asked how he knew it was not a grizzly. You know, looking at it from all angles instead of jumping to conclusions, like you should. Chances are he probably saw nothing more than a bear from across the river, which is why i asked how exactly he knew it was a Sasquatch, even though no one even knows exactly what they look like since none have been discovered.

You know, some people really amaze me. What exactly is the difficulty in identifying a bear at 120 yards ? Grizzly bears look like bears FFS. Do you not think that the difference would be obvious ? Wouldn't a bear generally walk on all four legs ? Wouldn't a Bigfoot always walk on two legs ? Have you asked him these questions ?

Of course, you could argue that he is simply lying. But then, we don't have one shred of evidence to suggest this.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that......

Edited by Athlon64

Eating fish? I bet it was a grizzly... Often in these cases people are looking for the monster in question. If you see a stick poking out of loch ness, you'll see a dinosaur like head insted. I doupt you saw a bigfoot, simply because i don't beleive in the bloody thing.

Think you where mistaken, mate.

I have to agree, without more details and prints, photographs, hair or some other evidence it is hard to swallow. But damn I sure wish it had been me, congrats, I for one hope you saw what you say you saw. Would love to hear more details since I live in Georgia and probably will never get out west I must live through your words and descriptions. Again Congrats!! thumbsup.gif

You know, some people really amaze me.

He was in the woods and saw an animal across a lake that looked like a bear and showed bear-like qualities, but HAD TO BE A BIGFOOT.

How is this not jumping to conclusions? Especially since no part was made to look at the situation from all angles, and NO ONE knows exactly what a Sasquatch even looks like!!

Tull, you're turning up more childish by the second. Stop deliberately going out of your way to offend me. It's just sad, but a little nice that you'd take the time out of your bust schedule i guess.

NO ONE knows exactly what a Sasquatch even looks like!!

And the Paterson film and thousands of sighting of a bipedal ape are....? thumbsup.gif

THE THING I SAW ACROSS THE RIVER WAS A SASQUATCH. IT HAD HUGE SHOULDERS, LONG ARMS AND ALMOST NO NECK. IT HAD THICK LONG LEGS. THE LEGS BECAME VISIBLE TO ME AND MY FRIEND WHEN HE GOT UP FROM HIS CROUCHED POSITION IN THE WATER. HE APPEARED TO BE ON HIS KNEES OR SOMETHING. ITS FACE WAS APE LIKE. IT WAS COVERED WITH FUR, BUT ITS FACE WAS VISABLE AND DEFINATELY APE LIKE. IT WAS DEFINATELY NOT A GRIZZLY BEAR. IN THIS AREA OF BRITISH COLUMBIA, THERE ARE MANY ENCOUNTERS WITH BIGFOOT. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A JOKE AND BRUSHED IT ASIDE BEFORE, BUT WHEN THIS HAPPENED A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO I KNOW THERE IS A BIGFOOT. I WILL NEVER EVER GO INTO THE WOODS WITHOUT A CAMERA. I STILL HAVE THE SHAKES! WHEN THE SASQUATCH NOTICED ME AND MY FRIEND ACROSS THE RIVER, HE GLANCED AT US FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS. HE STARED DIRECTLY AT US. IT APPEARED FROM THE DISTANCE IT SNIFFED THE AIR. IT WAS VERY QUICK WHEN IT MOVED AND RAN INTO THE WOODS. I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE !

Edited by bigfootyeti

bigfootyeti,

Don't start new threads that address the same topic, this wil be merged with the original. Also, typing in ALL CAPS is akin to shouting, it would be appreciated if you posted your messages normally.

MM

skeptical am i.

your forum name is bigfootyeti, and your first post is about seeing a bigfoot, i guess it makes more sense that going on about your first elvis sighting.

have you reported this to anyone else.

i scan for bigfoot articles in newspapers from out west, last good one was a sighting by some people of what they thought was of a mother saquatch and two wee burns, on vancouver island.

i've just taken a look again and i'm guessing you haven't related this to any papers out west.

your first day camping there, your first trip to the stream to go fishing, and there's bigfoot.

nope, sorry, not without video, you may be telling the truth, but i don't believe it.

I AM NOT HERE TO CONVINCE ANYBODY. I AM NOT HERE TO START STUPID RUMORS. I AM DEFINATELY NOT HERE TO WASTE ANYBODY'S TIME ESPECIALLY MINE. I AM NOT HERE TO CONVINCE ANYBODY. MY STORY MAY NOT SEEM PLAUSABLE, BUT NIETHER MAY THE OTHER SIGHTINGS OF THIS CREATURE. I HAVE SEEN IT. AND I WILL HOLD THIS MEMORY. MAYBE ONE DAY, I MAY HAVE A PICTURE. I DO SET CAMP AROUND THE AREA ALOT...IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, RESEARCH THE AREA OF MISSION AND AGGASIZ BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA ABOUT PREVIOUS SASQUATCH SIGHTINGS...I HAVE NOTHING FURTHER TO SAY BUT JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY STORY ON A WEBSITE LIKE THIS.

Edited by Magikman

fair enough.

but you haven't answered my question.

did you report the story to a newspaper or tv station? if you didn't, why not?

You'll notice if you type normally you sound more credible.

And if you have nothing further to say, why post on a discussion board? Your credibility just went down the toilet bud. To many people post, looking for fame, and run when fronted with people who don't believe. Stick around, post normally, and answer some questions. I'm ready to believe, i just have no reason to.

Sorry talon, i don't believe any of the footage, especially pattersons since he admitted himself it was hoaxed no?

Actually its becoming quite obvious that you're only here to post nonsense and draw attention to yourself. Disregarding a moderator's request isn't advisable, refrain from typing in all caps or this thread will be shut down and your privileges suspended. disgust.gif

MM

Actually its becoming quite obvious that you're only here to post nonsense and draw attention to yourself. Disregarding a moderator's request isn't advisable, refrain from typing in all caps or this thread will be shut down and your privileges suspended.  disgust.gif

MM

278325[/snapback]

Well you can have your opinions ......You don't live in an area where there has been sightings... I live in an area in the North West where there are many sightings. I am a statistic and thats fine by me.Why don't you think I don't go to the newspapers about this. I know there are people out there like you and many others. Think the same way that I am an attention seeker. I went on this website to see if I can get information from people who are interested and want to know more about my encounter. I thought going to this website, I would get more support from people like yourself. In actuality I think it is pathetic. Its ok...I am not discouraged or hurt in anyway......I wanted to share my experience with somone

Do not have a feint heart bigfootyeti. Moe beleives every word of your story. Infact Moe has met bigfoot on many occasions.

One fine morning when Moe was walkign thru the woods, he came face to face with a giant monkey. Moe was not scared because the monkey was smiling down at him with very white teeth.

Time passed very slowly after that. Fifteen minutes had gone by and the giant ape was still smiling down at Moe. He looked around nervously and started fidgeting with his walking stick.

After 30 minutes, Moe was really getting uncomfortable under the endless toothy smile. Moe cleared his throat.

"so.. bigfoot...." he mumbled. " nice teeth.."

the ape did not respond but continued smiling.

" is there anything I can do for you ?" Moe asked impatiently." youve been smiling at me all afternoon."

Bigfoot kept on smiling. But Moe was too polite to turn his back. Momma always said never to walk away from a smiling monkey.

Hours passed and Moe's feet began to ache from standing. He had already stoped trying to converse with the strange creature. Instead he had tried to wiggling his tongue at him.

No response.

Moe waved his hands and shouted " Boo!"

All smiles.

Moe shrugged. No one was looking. Momma wasnt here. Moe had his steal toed boots on . He looked from his righ to his left, considering a cruel option.

Later, after being dragged thru the woods , beat with a salmon, tied to a pine tree and gagged with dead squirrels, Moe realized that kicking a smiling bigfoot in the groin was not such a good idea.

Edited by moe eubleck

And kids there is a lesson to be learned in that tongue.gif

But anyways.... You keep saying you came to this web site to find out more we have asked you several times to give us more information, but you have carried on. If you gave more information and made your story sound a little more reasonable you may get some help with your predicament. So again please give us more information, and remember.... "there is a skeptic in all of us"

~DS~ YAY FANCY NEW BIG WORDS!! grin2.gif