Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the Beast Of Gevaudan

mr_halo

anyone know any information about this beast? original.gif

post-8538-1096658101.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Panthera leo atrox

• Canadian Rottweiler

• Tia

• mr_halo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in the 1760's (1765-1767). This little beastie killed and partially ate hudreds of people in the 75-mile area known as Gevaudan in Southern France. It was killed by a silver bullet (supposedly,no other kind of bullet could do the job) and it's carcass was paraded through town...

original.gif

post-8538-1096658493.jpg

WOW!

That is freaky! Thank you for sharing it. I want to learn more about this critter now. Wolves are usually shy around humans so I find it hard to believe that a wolf did all this. Are there wild cats in that part of France?

I don't think there are any cats capible of killing adult humans there (unless a wild one escaped), but dogs and wolf/dog hybrids are often very bold.

Edited by Panthera leo atrox

YEAH bounce.gif One of my favorite mysteries, The Beast of Gevaudan.

In 1764, a wolf like creature began a reign of terror killing around 100 people over the next 3yrs. See link-

http://www.meta-religion.com/Paranormale/C...of_gevaudan.htm

For a more detailed link- http://www.wolfology.com/id106.htm

There's also a 'very loosely' based movie The Brotherhood of the Wolf, dedicated to this true story. The documentry after the movie is well worth watching.

My money's on a wolf/ dog hybrid. grin2.gif

Edited by Tia

My money's on a wolf/ dog hybrid. grin2.gif

Mine too. That, or an escaped exotic.

These are actually very old drawings of Chupacabra's... thumbsup.gif

Edited by Canadian

Are you joking? huh.gif

287229[/snapback]

No,I'm serious.I have seen this pictures on many believable websites and they ALL say the same thing. original.gif

Edited by Canadian

Ha ha Canadian, The King sent some of his top wolf hunters out after the beast, men experienced in hunting wolves. They claimed it was a wolf but not a wolf, Hybrid!

Hi, everyone.

157 victims : a huge number in three years.

Different hypothesies : A serial killer / A wolf / A team of crazy individuals.

These three ones have been considered as the most probable (realistic).

BUT, the injuries on the bodies of the victims do not correspond to the jaws of a wolf nor to the strength of human beings.

The movie Le pacte des loups gives another version which could be interesting : at that time, there was a hunter in the Gévaudan who used to travel a lot around the worls to hunt animals which did not exist in France.

He would have brought a lion from Africa.

Why not?

Olivier

No,I'm serious.I have seen this pictures on many believable websites and they ALL say the same thing.  original.gif

Nope, pretty sure most, if not all of those drawings were done a long time ago in France. The chupacabras is an American monster. I don't know how "believable" a site that claims that depictions of the beast of Gevaudan are chupacabras is. I think that if you look at the one that looks like a mutant poodle you can see some old French writing. Found some more info:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/9638/gevaudan.html

Fine then,don't believe me.I checked 9 different sites on this and they all say the same thing.Only one said that it was a wolf.But if you don't want to believe me then that is your opinion.If you compare the drawings to wolves,then you will notice a big difference between the two.Especially the tails on them. devil.gif

Edited by Canadian

i read the beast of gevaudan might be a chupacabra but some people say they only live around mexico

i read the beast of gevaudan might be a chupacabra but some people say they only live around mexico

288403[/snapback]

Yes,for the most part they live in Mexico.Although have been seen various times in Canada the USA and a few times in other parts of the world.This could be a Chupacabra that someone smuggled in there,but it escaped and killed a bunch of people...

Edited by Canadian

"I checked 9 different sites on this and they all say the same thing.Only one said that it was a wolf.But if you don't want to believe me then that is your opinion.If you compare the drawings to wolves,then you will notice a big difference between the two.Especially the tails on them."

Well, then, can you show me those 9 sites that said this? Goodness, just because it may not be a wolf doesn't mean it's a chupacabras!

Hi Oliver,

I don't believe it was a lion as many experienced men hunted the beast and all said it was wolf like. There's a big difference between wolves and lions and even the locals claimed wolf.

"I checked 9 different sites on this and they all say the same thing.Only one said that it was a wolf.But if you don't want to believe me then that is your opinion.If you compare the drawings to wolves,then you will notice a big difference between the two.Especially the tails on them."

Well, then, can you show me those 9 sites that said this? Goodness, just because it may not be a wolf doesn't mean it's a chupacabras!

288511[/snapback]

Just to clear this up,They didn't just say that this isn't a wolf,they said that other rare reports not commonly seen also say that this is a Chupacabra. original.gif

Well, then can you at least give me some info on these "other rare reports not commonly seen also say that this is a Chupacabra". I would really like to know where this odd idea came from. Are you by any any chance refering to the creatures known as "maulers"?

Edited by Panthera leo atrox

Well, then can you at least give me some info on these "other rare reports not commonly seen also say that this is a Chupacabra". I would really like to know where this odd idea came from. Are you by any any chance refering to the creatures known as "maulers"?

288580[/snapback]

What do you mean "Maulers"? huh.gif

Edited by Canadian

I remember reading a site about England in the 17th century, about attacks that were similar to chupa attacks in mexico.

France i don't know, but i do believe Canadian because I read it myself.