Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tutu Calls for Trial of Bush and Blair

desmond tutu iraq war bush blair

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

The New York Times said:

LONDON (AP) — The Nobel laureate Desmond M. Tutu called Sunday for former President George W. Bush and former Prime Minister Tony Blair of Britain to face prosecution at the International Criminal Court for their role in the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Archbishop Tutu, the Anglican archbishop emeritus of Cape Town, wrote in the British newspaper The Observer that the two former leaders should be made to “answer for their actions.”

The Iraq war “has destabilized and polarized the world to a greater extent than any other conflict in history,” wrote Archbishop Tutu.

“Those responsible for this suffering and loss of life should be treading the same path as some of their African and Asian peers who have been made to answer for their actions in The Hague,” he added.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,011 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, good luck with that.  I haven't heard anyone calling for this before.

#3    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

and then we can try obama and all the other previous US and British and Canadian and etc etc presidents... where does it end?
Some people just need to move on...

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 05 September 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

and then we can try obama and all the other previous US and British and Canadian and etc etc presidents... where does it end?
Some people just need to move on...

yeh you are right, lets release Taylor and Karadzic and Mladic and lets move on....

Edit: maybe we also need to pardon Goering posthumously...

Edited by questionmark, 05 September 2012 - 08:45 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Only if he's exhibited good behavior, and being dead, he kinda has.

Nah, this is a silly idea. Let's try any head of state and their government if they go to war, much more rational.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#6    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Fine, if he loses the court case, he should be liable for the costs. I really do not see how this war has polarised and de-stabled the globe more than WWII. I personally think the Rev is getting a little carried away here.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users