Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Irresponsible Selfish Child...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

This really set me off... i get that most people won't use them, but the things she said are just... ug...

Read her response first, then mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#2    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

wow wat a idiot, good job telling her off :P

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#3    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

What a stupid thing to say, I cannot tolerate people like that........ Glad you told her off

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 17 September 2012 - 12:23 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Well,in actuality,putting them in bars will deter how many people from drinking,who really want to drink ?
Zero ?
They would be better off installing them in like walgreens and CVS,by the pharmacy area.

No women,out drinking,possibly to get picked up ,will touch one of those,AT the bar .
And drinkers never feel guilty so ....fetal alcohol syndrome won't deter them either .

Miss me?

#5    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 September 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Well,in actuality,putting them in bars will deter how many people from drinking,who really want to drink ?
Zero ?
They would be better off installing them in like walgreens and CVS,by the pharmacy area.

No women,out drinking,possibly to get picked up ,will touch one of those,AT the bar .
And drinkers never feel guilty so ....fetal alcohol syndrome won't deter them either .

That's not necessarily true. I know most people won't use them, but some will at least stop and think.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostRockabyeBillie, on 17 September 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

That's not necessarily true. I know most people won't use them, but some will at least stop and think.

I've known too many alcoholics and drug addicts . When they want it,they don't stop to think.
A casual drinker will,which means if they are out at a bar,they're not worried about getting pregnant ,or are pregnant.They know better,and have no need for the machine .

Miss me?

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,292 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

To me she was saying a bar is a stupid place to put one not that you should be drinking while your pregnant.  Men that drink can father kids with birth defects.  They are starting to find out that men's sperm are the cause of some birth defects so its not just up to the woman.

#8    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostHilander, on 17 September 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

To me she was saying a bar is a stupid place to put one not that you should be drinking while your pregnant.  Men that drink can father kids with birth defects.  They are starting to find out that men's sperm are the cause of some birth defects so its not just up to the woman.

No, she is saying if you plan on partying and find out you can't because you're pregnant, it would be a huge inconvenience. She's posted similar arguments in the past.

Posted Image

#9    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

I can understand the need to put these up in bars. It's just impossible to think that there are people out there who think that pregnancy is a inconvenience or believe that it's 'a woman's only purpose'. Please, they're just trying to 'protect' for lack of a better turn, the next generation of children. Here's a fun little fact sheet from the CDC to cover some of the bases for women drinkers: http://www.cdc.gov/n.../fasd/data.html

Posted Image

~MEH~

#10    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,934 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

You go Billie! Glad you told her off!

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#11    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

I don't think feminism is about being "better" than men, or looking down our noses at women who stay home rather than work; equality, choice, and education are 3 huge things if you ask me, and I second the general opinion of previous posters that you were in the right to say what you said to this other person. It IS a fact of life that women CAN get pregnant, even if men too can contribute to possible birth defects. If I get pregnant I can make the choice to drink or not, or to just have an abortion all together, but I think it's a good idea to put these things in bars because women can't make informed decisions about their health when pregnant if they're not even aware that they're pregnant, and even if a lot of women in bars don't end up using them, I agree that it really could make a lot of people think just to have these reminders around. My one thing though, personally I think it would be nice to have these things both in bars and in other locations, because not every woman drinks, but for instance sometimes I drink 3 or more cups of coffee by 11 AM, and they say caffeine is bad for kids too, so if I went a couple weeks or so like that, having no idea I was drinking for two, that could easily be 400+ ounces of coffee and all the caffeine in it straight to my kid's brain. Some women I'm sure consume just as much worth of power drinks, or they smoke and do drugs, or any combination of that. I'm not saying knowing they were pregnant would get them to stop, but at the very least a woman can make an educated decision about the health of both herself and her child if she's aware of who she's really caring for, right?

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#12    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

(hides my tumblr) ;)

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#13    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 18 September 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

(hides my tumblr) ;)

Haha I don't even know if you could find my name!

Posted Image

#14    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostRockabyeBillie, on 18 September 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Haha I don't even know if you could find my name!

rockapotomus!!

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#15    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

Some people are just plain stupid.  Selfish too.  Take responsibility for your own actions.  Hey don't have unprotected sex if you don't want a kid and/or an STD idiot.  I hate people like her.  Hope she does get a few STDs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users