Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

October Surprise Coming

Merc14

Yep, I guess it is on them:

Unemployment Rate Drops To 7.8 Percent; 114,000 Jobs Added To Payrolls

The nation's unemployment rate fell below to 7.8 percent in September from 8.1 percent in August even though just 114,000 jobs were added to private and public payrolls, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports.

We'll have more from the report, as well as reactions to it, shortly. As we said Thursday, this news is sure to be a hot topic on the campaign trail.

Yep, I guess it is on them:

I saw this coming when the "experts" predicted a slightly worse number of 8.2 last night. Usually they see an impprovement and then downgrade the following Thursday. LOL Limbaugh has been predicting the last two jobs reports will be below 8% for 6 months now so I guess he was right again. :yes:

• Like 1

I saw this coming when the "experts" predicted a slightly worse number of 8.2 last night. Usually they see an impprovement and then downgrade the following Thursday. LOL Limbaugh has been predicting the last two jobs reports will be below 8% for 6 months now so I guess he was right again. :yes:

It will stay below 8% because only those who are still actively seeking a job will be counted. You need to be no genius to predict that, you just have to follow back when a big number of people filed for benefits.

It will stay below 8% because only those who are still actively seeking a job will be counted. You need to be no genius to predict that, you just have to follow back when a big number of people filed for benefits.

Agreed, but many will see the number and dig no deeper. 10.7% if labor force participation was the same as 2008 and if you count underemployed and those that quit looking we are at 14.7%. Even sadder the administration said we'd be at 5.6% unemployment by now if we passed the stimulus package. Matthews and the boys wil blow the trumpets of triumph though.

Agreed, but many will see the number and dig no deeper. 10.7% if labor force participation was the same as 2008 and if you count underemployed and those that quit looking we are at 14.7%. Even sadder the administration said we'd be at 5.6% unemployment by now if we passed the stimulus package. Matthews and the boys wil blow the trumpets of triumph though.

It did not matter what anybody passed or did: The situation would not be different unless the government employed 2 million more than what they already employ. Governments don't create jobs and capitalists are making more capital by destroying jobs or sending them abroad.

But it is nice of Romney to now try to get all those jobs he sent to China back...

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

It did not matter what anybody passed or did: The situation would not be different unless the government employed 2 million more than what they already employ. Governments don't create jobs and capitalists are making more capital by destroying jobs or sending them abroad.

But it is nice of Romney to now try to get all those jobs he sent to China back...

How many jobs did Romney send to China?

How many jobs did Romney send to China?

http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/revealed-romneys-bain-capital-invested-grotesque-chinese-sweatshop-detailed-boca-raton

http://truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/item/17534-illinois-workers-fight-back-against-bain-capital-outsourcing-their-jobs-to-china

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/16/world/asia/bain-capital-tied-to-surveillance-push-in-china.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/9/20/bainport_a_taste_of_the_romney

and about 100 more.

If you really don't want to know the answer better don't ask the question. And don't come with: But Romney was not... maybe not in the China time, but he still has enough interests in the company to stop this kind of behavior if it suited him. Evidently he did not.

Ah, yes, if you insist we can continue with jobs outsourced by Bain Capital under Romney to Bangladesh, India and Mexico.

http://www.alternet....iled-boca-raton

http://truth-out.org...r-jobs-to-china

http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

http://www.democracy...e_of_the_romney

and about 100 more.

If you really don't want to know the answer better don't ask the question. And don't come with: But Romney was not... maybe not in the China time, but he still has enough interests in the company to stop this kind of behavior if it suited him. Evidently he did not.

Ah, yes, if you insist we can continue with jobs outsourced by Bain Capital under Romney to Bangladesh, India and Mexico.

Oh feel free to continue, by all means but you best start including GE, GM and just about every other American company. Isn't the CEO of GE heading up Obama's jobs council and didn't he (yes he, personally, because he is the CEO unlike Romney who invested in dying companies) send tens of thousands of jobs overseas? And didn't he do this while heading that jobs council? How about GM? About 75% of their workforce is overseas I believe and we, the taxpayers, paid for that.

YOU better not start with your feigned outrage at Romney unless you are willing to ask Obama how in the hell he can appoint Jeffrey Immelt, who has closed dozens of American plants and shipped the jobs overseas WHILE heading up the jobs council, to head of his Jobs Council. In fact, Obama's jobs council has a whole lot of outsourcers seated on it. Are you outraged at them too? I'll even use a liberal website to help you further your studies on outsourcing http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/obama-jobs-council-outsourcing_n_1666443.html

Are you outraged at Obama for filling huis Jobs council with outsourcers? :blush:

Oh feel free to continue, by all means but you best start including GE, GM and just about every other American company. Isn't the CEO of GE heading up Obama's jobs council and didn't he (yes he, personally, because he is the CEO unlike Romney who invested in dying companies) send tens of thousands of jobs overseas? And didn't he do this while heading that jobs council? How about GM? About 75% of their workforce is overseas I believe and we, the taxpayers, paid for that.

YOU better not start with your feigned outrage at Romney unless you are willing to ask Obama how in the hell he can appoint Jeffrey Immelt, who has closed dozens of American plants and shipped the jobs overseas WHILE heading up the jobs council, to head of his Jobs Council. In fact, Obama's jobs council has a whole lot of outsourcers seated on it. Are you outraged at them too? I'll even use a liberal website to help you further your studies on outsourcing http://www.huffingto..._n_1666443.html

Are you outraged at Obama for filling huis Jobs council with outsourcers? :blush:

Hey, you asked the question, not me, I just stated that it is very nice of Mr. Romney to try to get back the jobs he sent to China. Or do you think it is not nice?

Hey, you asked the question, not me, I just stated that it is very nice of Mr. Romney to try to get back the jobs he sent to China. Or do you think it is not nice?

I think it is a cheap shot and cheap shots are never nice. It is especially cheap when compared to the hypocrisy of Immelt heading up the jobs council, something the left prefers to ignore while seething in outrage over Romney. I try to never let lefties slip a cheapshot in without responding in kind.

I think it is a cheap shot and cheap shots are never nice. It is especially cheap when compared to the hypocrisy of Immelt heading up the jobs council, something the left prefers to ignore while seething in outrage over Romney. I try to never let lefties slip a cheapshot in without responding in kind.

Oh? Here I am praising Romney and you still don't like it?

Well, that does not take away facts you would rather hide.

Mitt Romney has been caught with a transvestite!!!

Now THAT would be an October Surprise..... lol

Not really lol

YOU better not start with your feigned outrage at Romney unless you are willing to ask Obama how in the hell he can appoint Jeffrey Immelt, who has closed dozens of American plants and shipped the jobs overseas WHILE heading up the jobs council, to head of his Jobs Council. In fact, Obama's jobs council has a whole lot of outsourcers seated on it. Are you outraged at them too? I'll even use a liberal website to help you further your studies on outsourcing http://www.huffingto..._n_1666443.html

UAW lost 250,000 members during Bush's years (Including my plant which went to Mexico) , and 84,000 during Obama's years.

http://newsbusters.o...t-december-2008

Total Employment Rises 873,000 To Highest Level Since December 2008
The unemployment rate decreased to 7.8 percent in September, a number certain to impact the presidential race.

Pundits have been saying for months this number had to drop below 8 percent for it not to be a hindrance to President Obama's reelection chances.

The economy added 114,000 nonfarm payrolls in the month according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics with gains in healthcare, transportation and warehousing.

Truly shocking in the report was that the number of unemployed people dropped by 456,000 to 12.1 million.

Maybe more shocking, total employment, as measured by the Household Survey, rose by 873,000 in September to 142,974,000, the biggest one month jump since June 1983.

As such, total employment now stands at the highest level it's been since December 2008 before Obama was inaugurated.

But even more mysterious is the divergence in the two surveys done by the Labor Department.

The Household Survey showed a gain of 873,000 people employed in September - resulting in the surprise drop in the unemployment rate - while the Establishment Survey only showed a rise of 114,000.

Hmmm.

Sounds like book cooking to me!

EDIT:

In fact here is more;

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/jobs-report-met-skepticism_653731.html

This morning's jobs report released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics is being met with skepticism. The report found that, from August to September, the unemployment rate dropped from just above 8 percent to 7.8 percent.

In fact, when Labor Secretary Hilda Solis appeared on CNBC this morning, the first two questions for her were whether the books have been cooked:

Edited by Socio

UAW lost 250,000 members during Bush's years (Including my plant which went to Mexico) , and 84,000 during Obama's years.

The UAW is the reason those jobs moved to Mexico, not Bush. UAW is also the reason that GM went bankrupt and then had to be bailed out with taxpayer money. Criminally, Obama turned most of GM over to the UAW who have run it back into the ground. It will soon be going bankrupt anyways but the taxpayers are out billions.

Bankruptcy is what should've happened with GM. Through bankruptcy the massively overpriced UAW contract could've been voided and something more reasonable and competitive negotiated. UAW needs to be gutted and the crooks in charge prosecuted for embezzlement and fraud.

The UAW is the reason those jobs moved to Mexico, not Bush. UAW is also the reason that GM went bankrupt and then had to be bailed out with taxpayer money. Criminally, Obama turned most of GM over to the UAW who have run it back into the ground. It will soon be going bankrupt anyways but the taxpayers are out billions.

Bankruptcy is what should've happened with GM. Through bankruptcy the massively overpriced UAW contract could've been voided and something more reasonable and competitive negotiated. UAW needs to be gutted and the crooks in charge prosecuted for embezzlement and fraud.

LOL that funny guy. Too bad you dont know what you're talking about.

LOL that funny guy. Too bad you dont know what you're talking about.

Oh that's right, George Bush signed a bill that made GM ship thousands of jobs overseas. I can't believe I missed that. The horrifically high and devastating cost of UAW union labor had absolutely nothing to do with GM's decision. Makes perfect sense to me.

Hey, you were fooled by Bush in 2000, you were fooled by GM in '08. How's it feel to be twice a fool?

Hey, you were fooled by Bush in 2000, you were fooled by GM in '08. How's it feel to be twice a fool?

How did GM fool me, I didn't vote for the ass that bailed GM out?

Edited by Merc14

First of all, the UAW contracts are two-way NEGOTIATIONS. Maybe you need to look that word up. It means 2 parties agreed to the terms. Yes, GM Management signed off on it. Without being put under duress. You know what "duress" is I assume? Just in case, it means nobody held a gun to their head. The next part, Between 2004-2008, CEO Rick Waggoner was paid over 40 million. They also paid out tons of money to other executives in salary and stock options. Next they move work overseas, forcing them to layoff workers here in the US. That creates HUGE losses...on paper at least. Of course if you ever were IN a GM plant and saw how they're managed you'd also understand that the mentality there is "save a nickel today, even if it costs a doller next week."

Then comes the piece de resistence...if I could only speak French. The icing on the cake. "Hello government, if you don't allow us to file bankruptcy, we're just going to close all theses plants and you can watch your tax rolls plummet lower than the lowest plane of hell."

If anything here was criminal, it was the actions by people like Steven Miller at Delphi, Rick Waggoner of GM, and Dick Daugh of American Axle.

And for the record....Bush bailed them out http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/20/business/20auto.html

• Like 2

I think the Oct. Durprise will be that our military finally killed Osama Bin Laden. Well, hey, you know how many times those guys have to die. They know how to dupe us so easily. Right?

meanwhile, no one mentions the doubles for OBL or Saddam had, even tho the wife told us that we caught the fake Saddam.

Edited by regeneratia

First of all, the UAW contracts are two-way NEGOTIATIONS. Maybe you need to look that word up. It means 2 parties agreed to the terms. Yes, GM Management signed off on it. Without being put under duress. You know what "duress" is I assume? Just in case, it means nobody held a gun to their head. The next part, Between 2004-2008, CEO Rick Waggoner was paid over 40 million. They also paid out tons of money to other executives in salary and stock options. Next they move work overseas, forcing them to layoff workers here in the US. That creates HUGE losses...on paper at least. Of course if you ever were IN a GM plant and saw how they're managed you'd also understand that the mentality there is "save a nickel today, even if it costs a doller next week."

Then comes the piece de resistence...if I could only speak French. The icing on the cake. "Hello government, if you don't allow us to file bankruptcy, we're just going to close all theses plants and you can watch your tax rolls plummet lower than the lowest plane of hell."

If anything here was criminal, it was the actions by people like Steven Miller at Delphi, Rick Waggoner of GM, and Dick Daugh of American Axle.

And for the record....Bush bailed them out http://www.nytimes.c...ess/20auto.html

Negotiating with the UAW is a joke.

Note the date on that article. Bush consulted with the incoming President who made the decision to bail out GM. AT the time Bush was applauded, by the left, for allowing the smartest man on earth to make the decision. That decision, having been made by the incoming President was approved by the democrat senate and house. It was only a part of the bailoutr with many more billions to follow and the criminal fraud of who got paid and who didn't.

Regardless, GM wouldn't have been in that position if they hadn't had so much capital tied up in Union retirements. I don't remember the exact number but something like $3500 of every vehicle sold went towards funding retired UAW workers. Ridiculous.

It is laughable that you are supporting the unions, afterall, rather than save everyone's job and lower labor costs they chose to let you boys go and keep what they had. Basically a G-#-Y attitude towards guys like you.

Unions are done. They aren't needed and have become massively destructive, especially the public unions. You want a thread unions, start one, I'll be glad to sign on but this thread is about October surprises so talk about that will ya.

Negotiating with the UAW is a joke.

Note the date on that article. Bush consulted with the incoming President who made the decision to bail out GM. AT the time Bush was applauded, by the left, for allowing the smartest man on earth to make the decision. That decision, having been made by the incoming President was approved by the democrat senate and house. It was only a part of the bailoutr with many more billions to follow and the criminal fraud of who got paid and who didn't.

Regardless, GM wouldn't have been in that position if they hadn't had so much capital tied up in Union retirements. I don't remember the exact number but something like $3500 of every vehicle sold went towards funding retired UAW workers. Ridiculous.

It is laughable that you are supporting the unions, afterall, rather than save everyone's job and lower labor costs they chose to let you boys go and keep what they had. Basically a G-#-Y attitude towards guys like you.

Unions are done. They aren't needed and have become massively destructive, especially the public unions. You want a thread unions, start one, I'll be glad to sign on but this thread is about October surprises so talk about that will ya.

Yeah, note the date. It was still Bush's decision no matter how you look at it. He made the choice. Deal with it.

$3500 you say? Oh, no....thats what GM says. Thats what they tell the press. Like they tell the press that workers make $75 an hour. Of course they'd never lie. Even though my paystubs never paid me nearly that much.

Of course I support unions. They negotiated me a good wage and a $140K buyout. And actually Im thankful everyday that the plant closed down because I ended up in an even better place.

Unions are good. Its no coincidence that the US had enormous economic growth in the 50s and 60s when union membership was at its peak. And it was you who brought up GM plant closings, I gave you union numbers. You dont like it? WAH WAH WAH....you're going to have another 4 years of whining about Obama so we might as well get used to it.

You want October suprise??? How about a guy running for President who wants to send all the Federal Government powers back to the states. Thats what he said the other night. Sounds like he's still rather be a governor. Or at least shuck all responsibility back on them.

• Like 2