Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your favorite concert?

RPM

I'll be going to a concert on Saturday, so I thought this topic might be appropriate.

It's going to be Busdriver, Clipping., Milo, and a couple other artists.

Small 700-person venue. Ought to be a good time.

Anyways, what was your favorite concert experience?

Mine was probably when I saw Cage the Elephant at the Derby Festival (for free!).

I got kicked in the face by a crowd-surfer, but it was still tons of fun.

i guess my very favorite and most memorable was

the WHO ..1974 Pontiac Stadium

other fun and impressive ones..

King Crimson ..70's @ some college

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers .. Castle Farms (not there anymore)

Koko Taylor .. Castle Farms

the Psychedelic Furs ..80's @ Ferris University

• Like 1

i guess my very favorite and most memorable was

the WHO ..1974 Pontiac Stadium

other fun and impressive ones..

King Crimson ..70's @ some college

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers .. Castle Farms (not there anymore)

Koko Taylor .. Castle Farms

the Psychedelic Furs ..80's @ Ferris University

I see a theme here!

How was the Who? That must have been a wild event.

I'll happily embarrass myself - Neil Diamond, 1976 in Australia.. The guy was just awesome - wasn't long after the original Hot August Night, so it was a mixture of that sort of musicianship, along with the hauntingly beautiful music he had just newly done for Jonathan Livingston Seagull (bad film, great soundtrack).

Went for two hours, and not a single low point...

• Like 1

I see a theme here!

How was the Who? That must have been a wild event.

YUP! it was wild and wonderful .. The Who were in their prime then .... they were absolutely fantastic!*!*!* Crazy Keith Moon LEAPED over his drums at the end ! The stadium was PACKED .. even the playing field. I could go on and on ... the Sound System was Magnificent !

I've been to hundreds of arena shows (I literally can't remember them all) and thousands of small venue shows. I think one of the best small venue shows I ever went to was at the Showbox in Seattle, it holds about 1,000. It was Billy Idol, for the VH1 Story Tellers tour. Spectacular. One of the most memorable large venue shows I ever saw was Page and Plant for the Walking into Clarksdale tour in roughly 2000 at the Columbia Gorge in Washington state which is in the middle of nowhere. haha. Ask me again in 15 minutes and I might give you different answers. LOL. In fact, Pearl Jam (who I don't even really like that much) I've seen three times, but only one of those was good... the Drop in the Park in Seattle in 1992. It was a free show, 27,000 people. It was jaw dropping.

I think I've seen Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers more than any other artist in a large venue though. I really try hard not to miss him, he's spectacular live.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 2

Pearl Jam, 1992, Seattle Magnuson Beach free concert for MTV's Rock the Vote... at around the 7:25 mark, Eddie climbs the scaffolding and scares the living crap out of everyone. LOL. This was a truly memorable show. I called in sick to work to go to it! LOL.

I've also been to a few shows....J. Giles and Deep Purple @ the Orange Bowl in Miami. (I've seen J.G 4 times, all awesome shows, great live band. :tu: )

I've seen Deep P. 3 times, all great performances, w/ one show featuring Jimmy Page as stand-in for ??? (All the above in the 70s.)

ZZ Top in Colorado, awesome show...lucky to remember any of this one. :innocent:

Pearl Jam also great, one time in dntown San Diego. Scorpions in Irvine Meadows, great show. :nw:

Black Sabbath reunion tour here in Vegas in 1999....all original members, one of the very best concerts I've ever been to. :clap:

Incubus sucked, and Pantera did also, they were like sweaty monkey jumping around on stage...Finally, BS came on, about 3 feet of smoke on stage and they rose up slowly thru trap doors from below. Tony Iomi cool as a cucumber thru out, casually strolled around like most of us talk on the phone, but fingers moving a mile a minute. Those guys still rocked, I lost my voice screaming so much, and ears were ringing. :w00t:

(Ozzie got sick a few dates later, and they cancelled rest of tour....It's a young man's game, for sure.)

Alice Cooper - Reading Festival 1987

The Rolling Stones - Wembley Stadium 1990

Steve Earle - Nottingham Rock City 1988

Status Quo - Milton Keynes Bowl 1984

The Stone Roses - Auckland 2013

Bruce Springsteen - Auckland 2014

Faith No More - Brixton Academy 1992

Nirvana - Reading Festival 1992

There's probaby a few more, but these immediately came to mind

• Like 1

HAHAHA Arbenol, I live in Seattle Washington, but I was at Rock City just a few days ago. I went to Firefest (not of my own accord though, that's SO not my kind of music, but I was a guest of one of the US bands that played.) Cool venue actually. The sound was fantastic, and the floor was STICKY haha.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 1

HAHAHA Arbenol, I live in Seattle Washington, but I was at Rock City just a few days ago. I went to Firefest (not of my own accord though, that's SO not my kind of music, but I was a guest of one of the US bands that played.) Cool venue actually. The sound was fantastic, and the floor was STICKY haha.

I didn't know it was still there. I used to live a 15 minute walk from it - but that was back in the last century.

One of the best venues for gigs - and a great nightclub, too.

Saw a few bands there back in the day - Hawkwind, Iggy Pop, The Georgia Satellites (a couple of times) as well as Steve Earle.

I love that you mention the floor. It's always been sticky.

Here ya go, Rock City, 8pm on Sunday! (this is the band I traveled with)

The sound in there was great. The guys were impressed with the set up actually. Because 21 bands played over three days, they had to switch people in and out without any real sound check. Rock City nailed the sound for every band. The lighting was impressive but HOT. haha. No LED's in this place! But yes, the floor totally cracked me up, I think that was the first thing I said when I walked in... "what the hell is going on with this FLOOR?" hahaha. If I didn't live in Seattle, I'd totally see more shows there!

Edited by MissMelsWell

Here ya go, Rock City, 8pm on Sunday! (this is the band I traveled with)

The sound in there was great. The guys were impressed with the set up actually. Because 21 bands played over three days, they had to switch people in and out without any real sound check. Rock City nailed the sound for every band. The lighting was impressive but HOT. haha. No LED's in this place! But yes, the floor totally cracked me up, I think that was the first thing I said when I walked in... "what the hell is going on with this FLOOR?" hahaha. If I didn't live in Seattle, I'd totally see more shows there!

I can't watch videos at the moment, but I'll be sure to check that out later.