Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Scottish lochs and their creatures

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Loch Ness is known all over the world for its legendary monster, Nessie. But it is far from the only creature said to inhabit Scotland's lochs. Could you place the locations of Lizzie or the slug pig?

Morag, a lesser-known cousin of the Loch Ness Monster, was in the spotlight last week.

Read More Here

Posted Image

#2    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

It bothers me a bit  when people treat Nessie as a single entity, when in fact we're dealing with at least 3 different and similarly sized creatures, who share in common the rarity and a plesiosaur-shaped extremity. And what bothers me more is out of those three creatures, no one has gotten a scientific recognition to this day.

#3    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostThegreatsilence, on 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

It bothers me a bit  when people treat Nessie as a single entity, when in fact we're dealing with at least 3 different and similarly sized creatures, who share in common the rarity and a plesiosaur-shaped extremity. And what bothers me more is out of those three creatures, no one has gotten a scientific recognition to this day.

Maybe it has to do with the fact no one has found any crediable hard physical, photo, or video evidence of any kind that proves they exist. You cannot get scientific recognition for something you cannot prove exists.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#4    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostGrey14, on 05 March 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Maybe it has to do with the fact no one has found any crediable hard physical, photo, or video evidence of any kind that proves they exist. You cannot get scientific recognition for something you cannot prove exists.

Morag is pure myth. Gray14 vI totally agree with you. No real proof. Old folk tells. Someone looking to money.
I have dove in Locke Ness. Deep cold dark water. I saw nothing.

#5    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostGrey14, on 05 March 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

A bit too hasty, sir. The Gray's photo seems convincing and so does this footage :

http://cryptozoo-osc...lm-of-loch.html

#6    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 05 March 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Morag is pure myth. Gray14 vI totally agree with you. No real proof. Old folk tells. Someone looking to money.
I have dove in Locke Ness. Deep cold dark water. I saw nothing.

All of them are Myths until one of them are proven to exist.

What exactly did you expect to see?

Sunlight penetrates just a few feet below the surface, its approximately 23 miles long and 2 mile wide. Its over 750ft deep at its deepest point. The whole world’s population can be swallowed up 3 times below the surface of the water. So you dove in the Loch and are surprized you saw nothing?

Posted Image

#7    Podo

Podo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

• A cynic is not merely one who reads bitter lessons from the past, he is one who is prematurely disappointed in the future.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

Loch Ness Monster is a tricky situation. My rational brain says that it isn't goddamned possible. However, that same rational aspect can't simply write off all of the sightings. There have been thousands, for centuries, of weird stuff in the Loch. Is it a prehistoric monster? No, of course it isn't a prehistoric monster. But, that many people can't simply be making it up, and that many people can't be simply misidentifying logs and the like.

So what is it? Not a damned clue. Maybe there's some quality in the water or air around the Loch that catalyzes mild hallucinations? Maybe there is a gas being released from the bogs that it messes with the minds of onlookers. Who knows. All we know is that every single sighting can't be a hoax.

Send me hyren bringing rain, cleansing wounds and easing pain. But if with lightning storms they play, keep them very far away.

#8    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostPodo, on 07 March 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

Loch Ness Monster is a tricky situation. My rational brain says that it isn't goddamned possible. However, that same rational aspect can't simply write off all of the sightings. There have been thousands, for centuries, of weird stuff in the Loch. Is it a prehistoric monster? No, of course it isn't a prehistoric monster. But, that many people can't simply be making it up, and that many people can't be simply misidentifying logs and the like.

So what is it? Not a damned clue. Maybe there's some quality in the water or air around the Loch that catalyzes mild hallucinations? Maybe there is a gas being released from the bogs that it messes with the minds of onlookers. Who knows. All we know is that every single sighting can't be a hoax.

There are no sightings going back centuries. There's one river monster in the Vitae Columbae, but that is completely made up, as it is the case with virtually all miracles in saint's lives stories. The first sighting happened in 1933, and it started the contemporary craze, which kinda explains the number of sightings. People want to see a monster, so every wave, swimming elk, otter family and log that can not be clearly identified on first sight becomes a monster, or at least something strange in their eyes. Every sighting is not a hoax, people are seeing things, but those things are not the Loch Ness Monster.

#9    Proxima

Proxima

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

There are no sightings going back centuries. There's one river monster in the Vitae Columbae, but that is completely made up, as it is the case with virtually all miracles in saint's lives stories. The first sighting happened in 1933, and it started the contemporary craze, which kinda explains the number of sightings. People want to see a monster, so every wave, swimming elk, otter family and log that can not be clearly identified on first sight becomes a monster, or at least something strange in their eyes. Every sighting is not a hoax, people are seeing things, but those things are not the Loch Ness Monster

There are dozens of sightings going back many, many years prior to 1933. Read this extensive blog by Roland Watson at

http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.co.uk/

#10    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

I've said this before, but I want to point it out again just because I think it's a rather interesting point. A lot of people think Nessie and other similar water monsters are surviving plesiosaurs, but according to some articles I read that is actually an unlikely theory.

Here are some articles on the topic:

http://www.huffingto..._b_1374803.html

http://www.freerepub...t/1734456/posts

http://www.plesiosaur.com/lochness.php

http://www.weirdtwis.../blog-post.html

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#11    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

True. The plesiosaur theory is a biased romantic view partly inherited from the King Kong movie who has hindered the truth. Occam's razor.

#12    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostThegreatsilence, on 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

But of course there is more than one!  There is a whole family of them, did you not see the show? :yes:

Posted Image

#13    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Seriously though I love all the myths and stories about Scotland.  I've visited Scotland a number of times and travelled around a lot of the places mentioned in the article (few times backpacking and a few times in a camper).  I've never seen anything out of the ordinary, but at certain times of day it has a very mysterious feel to it.  Early morning can be amazing with low laying clouds covering the tops of the mountains and mist covering the lochs.  It can be quite eerie.

#14    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 08 March 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

But of course there is more than one!  There is a whole family of them, did you not see the show? :yes:

No, I don't live in the UK.

#15    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostThegreatsilence, on 08 March 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

No, I don't live in the UK.

I was only playing :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users