Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Birthmarks Connected to Violent Death in

JohnWoodland

hi guys,

Wanted to ask what you think of this. There is increasing cases of physical evidence for past lives, not just memories. Do you have such signs? do you think this is legit

" An old woman died in Thailand with the wish to reincarnate as a boy. Her daughter dipped a finger in white paste and marked the back of the woman’s neck with the paste.

Not long after the woman’s death, the daughter gave birth to a son with a white mark on the back of his neck that mirrored the white paste left on the woman’s neck. When the boy became old enough to talk, he would claim possession of things that belonged to his grandmother as though they’d always been his.

This is one of many cases recounted by Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia in which birthmarks seem to relate to past lives."

Source Here

John

Hmm.. I've heard of such things. Like there was one I heard about a child who claims he was shot in the chest and killed (I guess in a past life) and this child had birthmarks all over his chest in the same spots as he claims the bullets were.

I think it would be quite neat if we could for sure prove it, but many people don't even believe in past lives, and there really isn't a way to firmly prove it. Our brain can come up with almost anything, so something you thought to be a memory could be a dream, or what you thought to be a vivid dream, a memory.

I think I may have had dreams in which I saw snippets from past lives... I've had these dreams multiple times and everytime they're super vivid.

Although, I have a birthmark on my shoulder that looks like an arrow pointing upwards, and a fainter birthmark that's almost exactly the same on the other shoulder... I wonder what that means? Maybe my arms were ripped out of their sockets, or I broke them or was stabbed or shot.. In the shoulders :P

Still, it's quite neat to think about :)

Some also believe that body moles in certain spots have meanings to them as well.

This is the first i have heard anything like this and i find it fascinating but yeah there are people who dont believe in past lives. I believe in them and find this all interesting. My birthmark is in my knee but also have one on my neck. So who knows? haha

There is increasing cases of physical evidence for past lives, not just memories.

" An old woman died in Thailand with the wish to reincarnate as a boy. Her daughter dipped a finger in white paste and marked the back of the woman’s neck with the paste.

Not long after the woman’s death, the daughter gave birth to a son with a white mark on the back of his neck that mirrored the white paste left on the woman’s neck. When the boy became old enough to talk, he would claim possession of things that belonged to his grandmother as though they’d always been his.

This is one of many cases recounted by Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia in which birthmarks seem to relate to past lives."

Source Here

John

Really? Where is this evidence?

I suppose within the realm of reincarnation it could be possible. Or at least within the notion that we actually take things between lives, like good or ill deeds, memories, connections between people, and so on. Physical manifestations might not be so far fetched within that context.

Of course there's lots of folks that don't believe in reincarnation, souls, ect.. And some people that do believe in reincarnation that don't think we actively carry things between lives... So for those folks I'm willing to bet the notion of such physical manifestation would be absurd.

• Like 1

I have a mole (I call it a beauty mark) in a very private spot, large. Sure hope I wasn't shot there in a previous live. :cry:

I have a mole (I call it a beauty mark) in a very private spot, large. Sure hope I wasn't shot there in a previous live. :cry:

I have never heard of carrying physical characteristics from one life to another -- I'll ask a monk about it next time I have a chance.

I wouldn't worry about it though -- if whatever it was killed you, you probably didn't know what hit you.

The idea is if we led a reasonably good life then we have a lot of choice in where and how we are reborn, and we tend to want to replace what we just lost, so we tend to be reborn in similar but maybe a little better situation, with much the same physical appearance -- because that is our choice, not some natural process.

• Like 2

No there isn't.

There is always evidence -- people claiming to have memories of past lives is the most common -- but it is always of a testimonial nature and therefore not good science.
  • Like 2

My nan has physical scars that might be from a past life as well as myself.

My nan has a massive scar along her stomach like its been slashed with a knife but she hasn't ever been cut with a knife like that, and for myself ever since I have been old enough to notice them I have what appears to be track marks on my left arm, when I haven't ever done any drugs before.

As Ricky Gervais had said to Karl "That is like assoicating sinks to house fire, every house that was set on fire had a sink"

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 5

I mentioned this before, but I have a diamond shaped birthmark (grows fainter as I grow older) on my belly below my ribs. In the past, I had dreams of fighting a violent war in a desert and was speared to death by an enemy soldier. The birthmark I have resembles what a spear wound would look like! I wonder the coincidence between my birthmark and the dreams. I cannot date the war but we were wearing red cloaks and leather vests, using swords and spears.

My moles come in pairs. Really. Five pairs of moles, they are small but clearly paired. I was always wondering what’s behind that weirdness. Was I bitten five times and they mark the spots where fangs pierced my skin?

Or someone stabbed me with pitchfork? Nah, moles are too close to each other, don’t match the pitchfork though I like the idea of dying such rural death :D

And then, there’s one larger and the only single mole I have, on my chest. But that one is not puzzling, I know I was shot in the chest in my past life. I know because I would dream of my past life and these dreams were completely different than my other dreams in which I was myself. They were short but very clear.

I wouldn’t take it too seriously if I didn’t travel, later in life, and recognized the place from my dreams. To the last detail, without any doubt.

I was never dogmatic in any sense, especially not scientific dogmatic, but still it was outright shocking to discover I dreamt of an actual place. It’s not prominent spot and I could not simply pick up its layout from TV (the usual “explanation” for this kind of phenomenon).

It's not a mark really. But I had a regression back in the 90's. That life ended with a bullet in the forehead. Although I have no visible mark, I have however suffered bad migraines since early childhood. After the regression I was free of pain up to almost half a year. That was the longest period I had ever been free of those headaches since a very young age. I suppose the sceptics just think it is a coincidence.

hi guys,

Wanted to ask what you think of this. There is increasing cases of physical evidence for past lives, not just memories. Do you have such signs? do you think this is legit

Source Here

John

It's a little unsettling that this doctor, Jim Tucker, is allowed to work in child psychiatry. I wonder how many kids he is messing up with these wonky ideas.

It's a little unsettling that this doctor, Jim Tucker, is allowed to work in child psychiatry. I wonder how many kids he is messing up with these wonky ideas.

So they are "wonky ideas" because you don't believe in them. That's as bad as saying I'll go to hell because I don't believe in a magical man in the sky

• Like 3

So they are "wonky ideas" because you don't believe in them. That's as bad as saying I'll go to hell because I don't believe in a magical man in the sky

Magicman, now you don't see him, now you don't

• Like 2

Humans are inveterate problem solvers. We seek to find meaning. If an individual believes that birthmarks convey aspects of reincarnation, then that individual will attempt to find evidence to support that belief. We work to substantiate our beliefs, that is human nature. We seek others who support that belief, that is confirmation. We have the genesis of an "-ism."

• Like 1

I don't know about "wonky," but they are not scientific and could cause harm. The story reads to me like pious fraud out its ear, as though a mark like that would be carried by the life spirit into the womb and restored.

I don't know about "wonky," but they are not scientific and could cause harm. The story reads to me like pious fraud out its ear, as though a mark like that would be carried by the life spirit into the womb and restored.

May be true but if you go back 100 years and showed people of those times a laptop or a mobile phone they would have probably brought back burning accused witches at the stake (joking of course but it helps my point). My point is that just because it isn't "scientific" now doesn't mean it won't be in the future. Who knows in 100 years from now it might be well known that past lives are real.

Edited by IBelieveWhatIWant

Sounds like an urban legend.

I have a birthmark near my ankle that looks like an airplane. My mother said, during labor they were on the way to the hospital and an airplane flew over the car and it scarred her. She thought it was too low and it just basically caught her off guard. She says that's why I have it. lol I know that's BS. But she claims the story actually happened.

• Like 1

Sylvia Brown did regressions with birthmarks and most were associated with past lives. I have a relative with a huge birthmark over his face. It is obvious he died in a fire.

My d-i-l has a round birthmark on her arm, obviously a 50 caliber round nailed her previously. This is like gravity.

You do not have to believe in it, but it works anyways.

Humans are inveterate problem solvers. We seek to find meaning. If an individual believes that birthmarks convey aspects of reincarnation, then that individual will attempt to find evidence to support that belief. We work to substantiate our beliefs, that is human nature. We seek others who support that belief, that is confirmation. We have the genesis of an "-ism."

Humans also tend to generalize too much.

Personally, I didn’t believe in reincarnation until it started looking like I actually have some connection to my past life.

It could be something else, say, transfer of someone else’s memories into my mind, if that’s easier to accept. I’m open to ideas and theories, what I’m not open to anymore is dismissing everything that’s not fitting into very simplistic mechanical idea of existence.