Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 1 votes

What do you think this is ?

ufo unknown hovering pictures daytime pictures

  • Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

    Bloodstained Hurricane

  • Member
  • 6,414 posts
  • Joined:22 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right behind you!

  • If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

Your description of its 'wobbling' and 'turning over' motion confirms the balloon conclusion as far as I'm concerned.

A balloon certainly can't be ruled out based on the behavior displayed. Was there anything else you can think of Fender, that might set this object apart from a balloon?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave


#17    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,245 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

I wish you had gotten a video . I'm sure how it was moving ,would be much more telling .
To me ,it does look like a silver balloon in the photos ,but I've never seen one shaped that way before ,so I'd love to see it in motion ,to get a better feel for it.

Miss me?

#18    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

Air currents move differently at different elevations.  Just because it didn't feel windy where you stood on the ground does not mean that there couldn't have been a breeze up where the balloon was.

Your description of its 'wobbling' and 'turning over' motion confirms the balloon conclusion as far as I'm concerned.

Good to see you again Fender. :)

From my perspective, it was moving under its own controll.

I have been scanning the skies every day and night and am used to how things look normally. This was very out of the ordinary. When i first spotted it, the object looked like it was over the river (1/2 to 1 mile away.) It moved in a flat circle then quickly vanished, going directly away from me.

The whole thing was not normal. anyway. The pictures deserve further a further look. I'm telling ya, it was really wierd, not like a balloon. I see baloons here all the time. sorry for my spelling.

Edited by FenderJazzBass, 03 November 2012 - 11:56 PM.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#19    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

    Odd Plant Grower

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere east of San Francisco

  • You can't just choose to believe something.

    Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 November 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

Looks an awful lot like a balloon to me.

Edit:

Silver mylar balloons come in a variety of shapes and sizes.  Google image search.

Or several balloons bunched together.

Possibly ones from Halloween.

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#20    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 03 November 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

A balloon certainly can't be ruled out based on the behavior displayed. Was there anything else you can think of Fender, that might set this object apart from a balloon?

It was too big to be a balloon and it moved with controll. It looked like it was under its own controll & was odd how it hovered in my camera view, but when i ran to get a better view, it vanished.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#21    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 03 November 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Or several balloons bunched together.

Possibly ones from Halloween.

It moved from one place to the other, stopping then reversing direction. It did have a wobble or is was spinning slowly. It seemed to change shape. I did not think it was a balloon. When i got closer it seemed to move away from me. It didnt go east or west. It went away from me, so it appeared as tho it was getting smaller.

So at first, it moved back and forth slowly over the river. As i emerged from the buildings for a better view, the unknown object moved away from me getting smaller, then vanished in the distance.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#22    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

    Odd Plant Grower

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere east of San Francisco

  • You can't just choose to believe something.

    Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 03 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

It moved from one place to the other, stopping then reversing direction. It did have a wobble or is was spinning slowly. It seemed to change shape. I did not think it was a balloon. When i got closer it seemed to move away from me. It didnt go east or west. It went away from me, so it appeared as tho it was getting smaller.

So at first, it moved back and forth slowly over the river. As i emerged from the buildings for a better view, the unknown object moved away from me getting smaller, then vanished in the distance.

I've seen something as simple as a piece of paper or plastic bag (or a balloon) move like you describe.

How come no one ever has a good telephoto lens for shots like these. I never see anything strange in the sky when I have my 400mm lens with me....

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#23    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 03 November 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

From my perspective, it was moving under its own controll.

I have been scanning the skies every day and night and am used to how things look normally. This was very out of the ordinary. When i first spotted it, the object looked like it was over the river (1/2 to 1 mile away.) It moved in a flat circle then quickly vanished, going directly away from me.

The whole thing was not normal. anyway. The pictures deserve further a further look. I'm telling ya, it was really wierd, not like a balloon. I see baloons here all the time. sorry for my spelling.

It was "wobbling" and "turning over" but you had the impression that it was moving under its own control?

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably be like that in a couple of hours... :blush: ...but that hardly seems like the behavior of an aerial vehicle to me.  What it seems like is a balloon.

What exactly about it makes you think that it wasn't a balloon?  You've stated that it was too large...  okay, how do you know what size it was?  Why couldn't it have been a large balloon?  Or perhaps a cluster of balloons tied together as suggested by Euphorbia?

I understand your keen interest in sightings and UFOs at this point after your previous experience, but I have to be honest with you Fender.  Right now it seems like you're seeing what you want to see instead of objectively assessing what was actually there.


#24    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

I zoomed in with it on my phone and good grief is it hard to tell what it is. But when you say it just disappeared is what's confusing to me, I believe you saw what you saw but I'm stumped

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#25    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

I've enhanced the colors and played with some filters in GIMP to see if anything else is revealed. I'm telling you, it was the size of a small plane when i first saw it. It didnt' look like a balloon to me. I see many balloons where i live and this didnt look like or move like it. Either believe me or not, i wouldnt waste your time talking about a ballon. Anyway, It moved from one side of the street to the other wobbling. I understand that balloons also wobble but this was different. Trust me. This was not a normal flying object. It was big the size of a small plane and got smaller as i came out of the buildings and up on to the levee for s better view. anyway, i'ev done my job. Made the report. The truth is out there and its more fantastic than i could ever imagine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#26    1963

1963

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:BEDLAM

  • When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Posted Image


perhaps something like this....?


http://www.raidentec...racorctoti.html


Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

#27    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 11,828 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Did you get bored from your last sighting?

I see you have these things happen quite often. ( compared to most )

Quote

1st post anyways, here's what happened to me 2 days ago 6:30 am

'Just saw a massive triangle shaped craft hover and stop in the middle of the street about 1 mile away from me. It was shining very, very bright lights down onto me such that the shape of the craft was not visable. It then flew away up into the clouds in a couple seconds. It vanished into the clouds flying 1,000 times faster than anything i've ever witnessed.



http://www.unexplain...5

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#28    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostSakari, on 04 November 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Did you get bored from your last sighting?

I see you have these things happen quite often. ( compared to most )


Yes, I recall that thread well.  I don't think anyone had a good explanation for what he saw down there in New Orleans.


#29    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

View Post1963, on 04 November 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:


perhaps something like this....?



That's a real possibility.  If was very close it could be a little remote-controlled aircraft.


#30    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 04 November 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

I've enhanced the colors and played with some filters in GIMP to see if anything else is revealed. I'm telling you, it was the size of a small plane when i first saw it. It didnt' look like a balloon to me. I see many balloons where i live and this didnt look like or move like it. Either believe me or not, i wouldnt waste your time talking about a ballon. Anyway, It moved from one side of the street to the other wobbling. I understand that balloons also wobble but this was different. Trust me. This was not a normal flying object. It was big the size of a small plane and got smaller as i came out of the buildings and up on to the levee for s better view. anyway, i'ev done my job. Made the report. The truth is out there and its more fantastic than i could ever imagine.




To me, it looks like something that has three engines, wings, a tail and possibly even landing gear.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users