Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A chain reaction of goodwill at Tim Hortons

glorybebe

In a delightful show of Christmas spirit, coffee drinkers at a Tim Hortons in Winnipeg, Manitoba, paid it forward for 228 customers in a row on Friday, the staff told the CBC.

One generous customer at the restaurant on Beaverhill Blvd. started a chain of customers paying for the person behind them that lasted about three hours.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/chain-reaction-tim-hortons-goodwill-183517438.html

That is so cool! I love stories like this.

• Like 1

"Finally, one man ended the streak when he didn't pay for the three coffees ordered by the next person. The customer before him had paid for his four coffees."

...he was covered in green fur I bet.

• Like 1

I see and hear about this kind of thing happening all of the time at Timmie's - but never that many before. Awesome! :)

"Finally, one man ended the streak when he didn't pay for the three coffees ordered by the next person. The customer before him had paid for his four coffees."

...he was covered in green fur I bet.

LOL, yeah. Sad that it ended and how it ended. But, there are cheap, grumpy people everywhere.

• Like 1

LOL, yeah. Sad that it ended and how it ended. But, there are cheap, grumpy people everywhere.

No, not everywhere. This case study suggests that grinches are only 1 in 229. This story helps to reinflate my faith in humankind. :)

Edited by Likely Guy

No, not everywhere. This case study suggests that grinches are only 1 in 239. This story helps to reinflate my faith in humankind. :)

I always leave the quarter or loonie in the shopping cart so that someone doesn't have to dig around for one.

I always leave the quarter or loonie in the shopping cart so that someone doesn't have to dig around for one.

Ahhh. Good for you. :) A small price to pay. One day we'll all have free bicycles, like the Dutch.

Ahhh. Good for you. :) A small price to pay. One day we'll all have free bicycles, like the Dutch.

Every little bit helps, and I hope it teaches my daughter that you can do these little things without expecting things back.

• Like 1

There are still some good folk around, I hope misery guts who ended it got diarrhoea.

There are still some good folk around, I hope misery guts who ended it got diarrhoea.

That's horrible....but made me LOL! I guess I am bad!