Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are you in control of your mind?

Anomalocaris

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wickian

• Mikko-kun

• Anomalocaris

• Am_I_Psychic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It stands to reason that we are governed by free will. It explains so much of both the good and the evil in this world.

I find it hard to believe that we are governed by fate. Sometimes it may seem that way, but inevitably there is always a cause and effect behind it.

We still have no idea what consciousness is that makes those choices. Technically we're nothing but a large colony of independently acting micro-organisms that interact with each other. If you look at things that way, who knows what kinds of sentience is out there that just thinks and acts on a geological time-frame.

Well... you can be in control of your mind, but many people who I come across don't seem to be, and I know I ain't sometimes too. Sometimes there's periods when "the wheels just roll", those might be the times when the conscious chooser part quiets down.

It's possible to direct your "mind" (awareness & processing) to a greater extent, not control, but direct. Mind acts according to certain principles, just like body, but less rigidly (depending on person of course, some rigid-minded...). Mind is not something outside the "rules of reality", nor reality either: try force the mind like you try the body, and it strains like the body and breaks. It acts like body and has a physical existence as brain.

But now, what's the physical existence of that which directs the mind?