Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Out of curiousity: about demons

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#1    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Who here thinks demons exits? I know there's a topic but I think that's on summoning, I want to know if anyone has any personal encounters? Where do they come from? Are they real? What can they do? Do they want to hurt us?

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,593 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Demons can find the front left exit of this Boeing 737, another on the front right, please look at the safety card for more information.

I think in my opinion demons exists outside of this world, in another world or zone.

#3    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

They are not real.

Overactive imaginations, psychological disorders and believing in a stupid religion are all good explanations as to why some people think demons are real.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Ok,I posted this on another thread months ago ,*exhaled loudly*.
When you initiate into santeria,or Palo mahyombe,depending upon whom your teachers are,or padrino madrina etc,you must read the books of Allan Kardec.
Kardec was a French philosopher ,and allegedly spoke to a spirit named Zefiro.
Kardec documented all his conversations with the spirit,and asked him to explain ,"the other side" to him.
As a devotee to these forms of religion ,I had to read these books. Given I also follow certain other spiritual paths,it made sense to me.
I am not a religious person,but a spiritual one.
I believe all forms of religous worship,have a single origin,but people,depending upon their levels of enlightenment,see only certain aspects of the whole picture
Very backwards religions,like extremists of any kind,are NOT ENLIGHTENED AT ALL.
I know of no buddhists who have gone to war,in the name of religion,but just about everyone else....has.
Kardec,as per zefiro,explained the nature of the soul,and how it advances on It's journey,each life time.
Low,base,evil souls,do exist. For lack of a better word,they are just called demons,by the living on this side.
On the other side,they are regarded at parriahs,and they do not good.
Their entire existance is to lead the living ,astray.
Just as we have "guardian angels",who are also merely souls,of a different level of advancement,we have demons.
Christ,as per kardec,was merely a very enlightened soul,doing work on this side .
There are souls,so base,they have never incarnated,and they are what they call,non human demons.
They are old,like saints are very old souls,and have energies younger souls do not.
When i refer to demons,this is what i am speaking about. It's my personal spiritual belief system .
I've seen them,I've dealt with them,and some of us,have this ability .
If you do not have this ability ,I think It's rude,to mock people,who do .
I think It's similar to things like which hand is dominant,or your eye color.
Some are born with it,some are not.
. My suggestion to you ,is read kardecs books of spirits and mediumship .
What zefiro tells him,is very similiar to many Buddhist tomes ,including how a spirit looks,when not incarnated as a living person .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 23 July 2012 - 01:26 PM.

Miss me?

#5    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

I’m honestly not sure.  I don’t believe in hell, well as such a place that you go to if you are bad and will be there forever in an eternal pit of flames.  So if you mean demons as in something sent from hell then probably not.

But there is evil in this world.  And I do believe in “something” after this life.  So who knows what happens?  I guess my honest answer would be I am really not sure.

#6    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

I do not believe demons exist.

But I do miss your old avatar ZaraKitty. :cry:

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#7    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 23 July 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

Ok,I posted this on another thread months ago ,*exhaled loudly*.
When you initiate into santeria,or Palo mahyombe,depending upon whom your teachers are,or padrino madrina etc,you must read the books of Allan Kardec.
Kardec was a French philosopher ,and allegedly spoke to a spirit named Zefiro.
Kardec documented all his conversations with the spirit,and asked him to explain ,"the other side" to him.
As a devotee to these forms of religion ,I had to read these books. Given I also follow certain other spiritual paths,it made sense to me.
I am not a religious person,but a spiritual one.
I believe all forms of religous worship,have a single origin,but people,depending upon their levels of enlightenment,see only certain aspects of the whole picture
Very backwards religions,like extremists of any kind,are NOT ENLIGHTENED AT ALL.
I know of no buddhists who have gone to war,in the name of religion,but just about everyone else....has.
Kardec,as per zefiro,explained the nature of the soul,and how it advances on It's journey,each life time.
Low,base,evil souls,do exist. For lack of a better word,they are just called demons,by the living on this side.
On the other side,they are regarded at parriahs,and they do not good.
Their entire existance is to lead the living ,astray.
Just as we have "guardian angels",who are also merely souls,of a different level of advancement,we have demons.
Christ,as per kardec,was merely a very enlightened soul,doing work on this side .
There are souls,so base,they have never incarnated,and they are what they call,non human demons.
They are old,like saints are very old souls,and have energies younger souls do not.
When i refer to demons,this is what i am speaking about. It's my personal spiritual belief system .
I've seen them,I've dealt with them,and some of us,have this ability .
If you do not have this ability ,I think It's rude,to mock people,who do .
I think It's similar to things like which hand is dominant,or your eye color.
Some are born with it,some are not.
. My suggestion to you ,is read kardecs books of spirits and mediumship .
What zefiro tells him,is very similiar to many Buddhist tomes ,including how a spirit looks,when not incarnated as a living person .
can you tell me wat he said to him i rly want to know.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#8    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,322 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 23 July 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Who here thinks demons exits? I know there's a topic but I think that's on summoning, I want to know if anyone has any personal encounters? Where do they come from? Are they real? What can they do? Do they want to hurt us?
Demons are manifestations of fear. They do not exist as separate entity's. Although.... The mind is very powerful and can give them personality. these shadow personalities can have a life of their own, but they are still apart of the creator of them.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,309 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

I believe in demons.  I believe they are influencing people more and more.

#10    _Only

_Only

• 6,672 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 23 July 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

I’m honestly not sure.  I don’t believe in hell, well as such a place that you go to if you are bad and will be there forever in an eternal pit of flames.  So if you mean demons as in something sent from hell then probably not.

But there is evil in this world.  And I do believe in “something” after this life.  So who knows what happens?  I guess my honest answer would be I am really not sure.

That sums it up for me, too.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#11    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,021 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

demons exist in your own mind.  they are not entities that exist outside of your own fear and/or hatred.
those of you who insist you have dealt with demons (being entities outside of oneself) are either full of crap or delusional. simple as that.

Edited by JGirl, 23 July 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#12    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,377 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 23 July 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

The definition of demon that I use:

3. a person considered extremely wicked, evil, or cruel

So a demon can come from anywhere.

Thomas Paine wrote in The Age of Reason that “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous execution, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God."
http://www.astrology...ead.php?t=81593
http://www.astrology...&pictureid=6193

#13    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostOverSword, on 23 July 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I believe in demons.  I believe they are influencing people more and more.

Na, bad decisions are not influenced by demons. A crumbling, inadequate society is influencing people to make bad decisions, not demons.

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,038 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

All three synoptic gospels tell the story of how Jesus called out multiple demons from a man in a place called Gadara.  He spoke to them and asked their name, they answer legion, for we are many.  Since I believe the Bible, I have to believe that demons exist and can take hold of a person's life and body.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#15    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm not sure about demons, I know I saw a ghost once, so I don't think death is the end.  I have seen something that may of been a demon, not sure, I know at the time I thought it was Satan himself.  It was about 15 minutes after I woke up and it scared me.  It was just standing by the side my bed looking at me.  I was so freaked out I covered my head up thinking I'm just seeing things and it won't be there when I look again.  Well it was, only this time it was standing at the foot of my bed.  I stood up on the bed and told it in the name of God it was not welcome in my home.  It turned around and ran out of the room and disappeared at it entered the hall, never saw it again.  Made me wonder what happened on that property in the past.

I thought maybe it was sleep paralysis but your not suppose to be able to move or speak and I had no problem doing either.  Plus I was wide awake and had been for about 10 or 15 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users