Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Karma Slaps

Scar

Here's an Idea , (borrowed from another Forum) (maybe I could work as television Excecutive)) wink2.gif

Back to topic, I may be speaking out of turn here ,

but maybe the Mod team could think about giving people a Karma Status, whereby members are merited by their contrabutions to the site. Negative for profanity, constant posting of two words "thats fake" "thats wrong" etc and constant flamewaring about the same topic on diffrent threads .

Postive for good informative posts, threads etc.

It's just an idea , so make of it as you will. It was also help Mods keep track trouble makers.

gunsmilie.gifgunsmilie.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentalcase

• Phantom

• Scar

• Kira

Sounds good....

Oh wait...yeah...longer post....ummmm....

The two word responses do get a little frustrating, I always try to put some effort into my post so as to add something to the thread. Most of the folks here do a great job of adding good content to their posts, but there are some who never add much at all...

I just don't know how busy the Mods are already trying to keep on top of the threads that need so much monitoring. I would imagine they may frown upon the idea of an added workload at this point...They seem to have their hands full as it is.

Didn't mean to offend the mods ,

they could add another colum to there Database for each member called Karma Status and each post has Karma slap button + or - next to each members post.

Only Mods would have the access level to use it. As far as I know Most posts are read anyway by Mods, so adding a button click if required wouldn't be to much more work(You guys to a great job anyways) It could make it slightly less work by using this to monitor folk !

If i could get an idea of tables structure I could even do it myself !! (not MOD build the facility)

Im not trying to de-mean any mods or this site , Its fabtastic thumbsup.gif

Actually...

We do have a warning system that only Mods or Admins can see, and it is used quite frequently. We once had the Karma system, but we figured it wouldn't be the nicest way to do things because, others could see the status. It would offend members (as I think it did right off the bat). The warning system is quite effective because, you leave a reason for the warning. Flooding, cussing, multiple usernames, etc, are just some of the notes left on people's warning status'.

And before you ask...We wont tell you who has warnings. wink2.gif

And here I was thinking you guys were trudging through every post to look sweary words etc

Cheers for letting me know thumbsup.gif

Note to self must bribe MC .........

MC do you like beer ???

Do birds fly? Do computers compute? icon_mrgreen.gif

*Loves Beer* wub.gif

w00t.gif Hey you can't just bribe the one mod grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif

note to self , make sure you don't type notes to self tongue.gif

note to self 2 mods have weakness to beer dontgetit.gif

My mum was right I'll never learn tongue.gif

I always try to put some effort into my post so as to add something to the thread, but there are some who never add much at all...

there are some members that try to make every post worth while, then they make one, short, one liner joke and immediatly get cut down, while the member 3 posts away just added something stupid about 'jack the ripper on steroids' or 'the fake species of chupacabras' that they saw in pics, or 'a wolf in iron armour'.

We once had the Karma system, but we figured it wouldn't be the nicest way to do things because, others could see the status.

sad.gif I miss the 'Karma' system, after four days I was the leader with -36 on the karmic scale, and I hadn't even posted anything. ohmy.gifohmy.gifwacko.gif

w00t.gif

Ahh yes MM I really liked the old Karma thing but then I've allways been a good girl wink2.gif

Hey can you bribe a moderator to find out what your warning level is ?

Mentalcase I've got Beer and ciggarettes .... tax free whistling2.gif

Flooding, cussing, multiple usernames, etc, are just some of the notes left on people's warning status'.

And, I might add, not kissing certain moderators enough in the Kiss a Moderator thread. devil.gif

Hey can you bribe a moderator to find out what your warning level is ?

Mentalcase I've got Beer and ciggarettes .... tax free whistling2.gif

Sure Kismit, send whatever gifts to me, then I will tell you your status. grin2.giftongue.gif

Oh MC Celti allready told me and I'm none to happy , I don't want to be the good girl .

But I shall remember just how bribable you are for next time .. original.gif

And, I might add, not kissing certain moderators enough in the Kiss a Moderator thread. devil.gif

Hey I kissed you! What's wrong? I'm not enough woman for you? crying.giftongue.gif

You're dead right. You did kiss me. I'm still reeling now as a matter of fact.

I'm just disgracefully greedy, I suppose.

Aslan Posted on Feb 20 2004, 08:00 PM

I'm just disgracefully greedy, I suppose.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Hmmmmm disgracefully greedy huh? w00t.gifwhistling2.gif

You're dead right. You did kiss me. I'm still reeling now as a matter of fact.

Hmmm...it didn't have the same effect when I kissed Aslan...

Imagine that... tongue.gif

fluffybunny Posted on Feb 20 2004, 08:34 PM

Hmmm...it didn't have the same effect when I kissed Aslan...

Imagine that...

Lol and I thought it was just me... w00t.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifwhistling2.gif