Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

umm this is wierd...

Janiel

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janiel

• Saru

• Snowbaby

• Michelle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks like a problem with your Firefox browser, no intermittent server side error should cause the forum to look like that.

If you were using Internet Explorer it probably wouldn't do that.

I've had a different problem SuRuMan. Every time I try to go to the archives I get booted off line. The same thing happens if I put in the date of something I want to go back and look at. Is it me or you? It just happens when I want a specific date.

Nothing on this site is capable of disconnecting anyone from the internet, so that can't be a problem at this end.

Which archives do you mean, the usenet file archive with the search box on the right hand side of the front page ?

No, it's the "Show me active topics posted" at the top of the forums pages. If I want to go back a few days (not from yesterday to today) my computer says I've preformed an illegal action. Also when I do the "Search this Forum" at the bottom of the page. Shuts me instantly down every time.

While I've gotten your attention, "see last unread post" always takes me to the LAST post not the last unread post. When the post is 30 pages long and I haven't been here for a while it's a real pain in the old rear end.

No, it's the "Show me active topics posted" at the top of the forums pages. If I want to go back a few days (not from yesterday to today) my computer says I've preformed an illegal action. Also when I do the "Search this Forum" at the bottom of the page. Shuts me instantly down every time.

I've just had a look at these sections in some detail, i didn't experience any crashes or errors when i tried them out, so i would be inclined to think that the problem is not at this end.

Sometimes problems can develop in your browser that can cause crashes and 'illegal operations' when the user tries to do certain things on it, in this case it's the submitting of a web form that seems to be crashing it, possibly something specific to drop-down boxes or form submission in general. Such problems can develop due to bugs in the browser, a virus or spyware on your computer, a change in the configuration of the browser somewhere or the installation of another application that is in some way interfering with it.

Unfortunately it's difficult to offer a way to fix a problem of this nature, as it's very hard to tell whats causing it. If you are using an old browser or a browser other than Internet Explorer, then upgrading/switching to IE 6.0 would be your best bet. If thats not possible or you're already using Internet Explorer 6.0, then try running a full virus scan, a spyware scan such as 'Spybot Search & Destroy', and make sure you've rebooted and restarted your browser before trying it again.

While I've gotten your attention, "see last unread post" always takes me to the LAST post not the last unread post. When the post is 30 pages long and I haven't been here for a while it's a real pain in the old rear end.

This is a known issue, it should be resolved when we upgrade to IPB 2.0 Final in the not too distant future.

Whoa, crying.gif sounds like I need to get a friend of mine over. Pretty much everything you said is Greek to me. tongue.gif Well, between horse sense and computer sense I guess horse will have to do. laugh.gif

Thank you wub.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Sir Christopher had HTML code in their signature, which was messing up the page. Thats it removed now.

• 3 weeks later...

Janiel,I sometimes get that if I have just read a message and hit the back button.

Could that have happened to you hun?

Are there any messages in your PM box, does the messanger work all right apart from that discrepancy ?

It's probably something that will be fixed in the final release of IPB 2.0, which we will be switching to as soon as it becomes available.

• 4 weeks later...
LOL Janiel, me thinks u have overdosed on noob-eating and it's gone to u head wacko.giftongue.gif haha!!!

Kismit deleted it and sent it to SaRu

so its not there now tongue.gif

314220[/snapback]

deleted the noob?? ohmy.gif

Phew original.gif noobs shouldnt be deleted, they should be consumed w00t.gif