Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Entire Family Witness Landed UFO -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Star Trek's Leonard Nimoy describes a very strange UFO incident in the video below where an entire family witnessed a landed object on the road outside their farm in Mellen, Wisconsin on March 13th, 1975- the object was reported to be making a large banging noise (whilst also emitting a high pitched whining sound) and the witness sketch is posted below along with the main report from the APRO bulletin and other information about animal behaviour and landing trace evidence.  

The case becomes more intriguing when it's stated that later that same evening the local sheriff and seven other deputies chased several brightly lit objects down local county roads which 'darted about the sky'- one police officer said that the light emitted by one of the objects was so intense he could 'read a newspaper by it' and there were also reports of EM effects on the patrol car's police radio.

Documentary:

Newspaper Article:

Source: Rochester, MN Post-Bulletin, March 20, 1975

Posted Image

Wisconsin Officers Report Multiple Sightings of UFOs

Ashland, WI (AP) - Authorities in a four-county area of Northern Wisconsin have reported several recent sightings of unidentified flying objects, with nine deputies in Ashland and Iron counties saying they saw four UFOs at one time.

At the time of the sightings, officials said, police radios were garbled or went out of service and witnesses said they saw the objects moving, changing colors, and heading toward a common position in the sky.

Authorities at the nearby Duluth airport said there was no radar contact made at the time, late in the evening of March 13.

Ashland County Sheriff Joe Croteau said "telephones were ringing off the hook from citizens who also saw the objects". Sightings were also reported in Douglas and Price counties.

A rural Mellen resident, Mrs. Phil Baker and her daughter, Jane, 15, told authorities "an object" landed on a road near their home, made noises and high-pitched sounds, and had red and green lights around it.

Ashland County Undersheriff George Ree, who investigated, said he found no evidence of a landing. He left their home and drove about two miles to meet with deputies. Then, he said, he and the deputies saw four UFOs, one brighter than the others. They said the brightest one moved, changed colors, and then became stationary while three smaller objects headed toward it.

link

Object description:

Witness Sketch.

Posted Image

"I didn't want to believe what I was seeing," Phil Baker said later. "There was this circular object about twelve feet across with red and bluish-green lights around the outside and in the center was an opening like a door with a real brilliant light coming from inside."
“I felt I could've looked inside if I'd been closer, but I couldn't see any details. It made a high whiny, sing-songy noise. I never heard a sound like that before."

Archive

Police UFO Chase:

"We saw one object come from the south going in a northerly direction," Ree said. "This was the second one, and it was a little lower than the first. We watched these two for maybe a half hour.

“Then a third one came from the north going south, and that was the lowest one of all. We could see different colored lights on it. That one stayed in the air for approximately ten or fifteen minutes, just moving, sort of doing a jig, going up and down, making a big ‘U’ and going up and down again.

"We had two more cars on U.S. 2 in the northern part of Ashland County and I was transmitting to the deputies in that location. Two deputies were watching from a fire tower on Birch Hill and another, Drolson, was northwest of them on Lake Superior when one of these objects we were watching took off at a very high rate of speed.

“I radioed to Drolson and told him, 'It's going your way,' and all of a sudden he said, 'I see it coming–' and his radio went blank..

Things That Go Bang In The Night

Links:

Animal Reaction Feature - NICAP
APRO Bulletin Article - April 1975

#2    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I wonder what really happened?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#3    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Cowboys &  :alien: ??  :innocent:

Interesting sightings though.

Edited by archernyc, 17 April 2012 - 06:53 PM.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#4    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

thanks for another interesting case Karl....it really helps us people that are new to the 'subject'....  :tu:

#5    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,053 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

Yeah Karl thanks ! I always like the 12 foot dia saucers. Just to think that to the occupants they might only be three centimeters tall, An to them Were Giants !
Hum ? I know Ive seen that story ! Man I miss Rod Serling ! :innocent:

This is a Work in Progress!

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

:yes: :yes: :yes:  
very interesting .Thank you .

Miss me?

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,387 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

I loved In Search Of.

But let me guess, Nimoy ended the episode by saying "experts feel that we're only a year or two away from a major breakthrough in this area".

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#8    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,432 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Interesting information to say the least, and well presented, as is always the case for your threads karl :)

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#9    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the replies and this case is certainly an intriguing one, especialy when you factor in the incoming police reports shortly after the initial sighting, there's a pdf database here about physical trace cases and, although it mentions other cases of objects landing on snow, there's not realy any further information about the 'fluffed' aspect -page 11 of the the MUFON journal below has more about the Baker case though and it's certainly an interesting read.

Cheers.

#10    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,053 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Anything is possible up there I have driven all around Minn,and Southeren Canada,the Great Lakes regions Its spookie at times up there !
Ever see star man ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#11    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

New link for removed OP video and a similar UFO report to the Mellen object described in the same area 11 days earlier:  

March 2, 1975; Elmwood, WS

8:00 p.m. A UFO attempted to land in front of a car with the Forster family inside, while the children in the car screamed. The UFO was a disc the size of a car, white in color with lights all around it, and sticklike legs or landing gear. In their panic they repeatedly honked their car horn, which alerted farmer Roger Weber, who came out of his farmhouse and guided the family home. The UFO flew off.
Source: Jay Rath, The W-Files: True Reports of Wisconsin's Unexplained Phenomena.

link

Vid:

#12    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

[T]he object was reported to be making a large banging noise (whilst also emitting a high pitched whining sound)....

So, were all the Ford products in the area accounted for? :P

#13    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

I love these kind of cases.  Fascinated how they said that the majority sightings appear in rural areas.  Could this be to do with low EM radiation compared with large cities?  The Medford case was interesting because of the apparent damage to the ground.  A very familiar event in UFO sightings.

Nice one.

Posted Image

#14    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hey, zoser..... did you ever answer the question about the cases you believe is ET related?

Is there a case that you have debunked? One that even you find a little "too much"?

Billy Meier?  Bob Lazar?

Edited by DBunker, 14 June 2012 - 07:05 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#15    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostDBunker, on 14 June 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Hey, zoser..... did you ever answer the question about the cases you believe is ET related?

Is there a case that you have debunked? One that even you find a little "too much"?

Billy Meier?  Bob Lazar?

I'm only really interested in the unexplainable I'm afraid.  That's why I'm here.  What's on your mind?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users