Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Do Zombies Poop?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'm being dead serious, do zombies poop? If they don't, what happens to all the brains and people they eat? And if they do, how come there isn't any poop in in the streets in zombie movies? I mean that's most of the world's population pooping in the middle of the street every time they need to go to the bathroom. Huge plot hole...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

In the zombie novels I read, their stomachs either burst after filling to capacity or as they decay it falls out, dribbling out.

Edited by Hasina, 07 January 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#3    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostHasina, on 07 January 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

In the zombie novels I read, their stomachs either burst after filling to capacity or as they decay it falls out, dribbling out.

Ah, yeah I think that's what happens in The Walking Dead. Although if that were true, most zombies would have huge belly bumps or a belly hole, and you don't ever see that. And then there are things such as in Resident Evil where the dead flesh turns out to mutate and sorta 'heal' back to what it was. If that's true, then what happens then? Still quite a few plot holes.

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#4    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,221 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

So, reanimated dead that exist on eating live brain matter is ok?  But the lack of zombie feces becomes a sticking point?

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Since it IS fantasy the plot can be anything at all and still remain perfectly valid.

#6    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Sean93, 07 January 2013 - 10:27 PM.

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,655 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

I never caught onto the whole zombie craze but I do remember a terrible "B" movie from the '50s (I think) where a crowd of the undead were stumbling around calling for some guy named Morgan.  It was funny even for a 6 year old :w00t:

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#8    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostSean93, on 07 January 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

View Postand then, on 07 January 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

I never caught onto the whole zombie craze but I do remember a terrible "B" movie from the '50s (I think) where a crowd of the undead were stumbling around calling for some guy named Morgan.  It was funny even for a 6 year old :w00t:
It's a classic really .
The Last Man On Earth ,with Vincent Price ,which was remade as The Omega Man ,with Charlton Heston ,which was remade as I Am Legend with Will Smith .

Miss me?

#10    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

If we are going to look at it from a true scientific perspective ,we have to look at biological functions.

The stomachs filling up and bursting ,would be most probable ,because you assume the internal organs do not function any longer .
No need to breath,no heart beat ,no peristalsis  of the digestive tract or digestive functions .
No nutrients absorbed,so regeneration of tissue no longer occurs .
Ergo ,no poop would ever be produced ,and food would not go thru the digestive tract .
However ,this does bring up a very interesting point.
Wwwhhyy do skeletal muscles work ,even poorly ,and how do they swallow ?
Digestion technically starts in the mouth with chewing ,and peristalsis exists in the esophagus ,along with food being kept in the stomach via the plyloric sphincter .
Theoretically ,they shouldn't be able to swallow .It would be caught in their throat and rupture their necks ,and even if it did go down ,they would continually regurgitate it ,because it wouldn't stay in the stomach with no sphincter tone .
If blood went thru the GI tract via gravity ,they should also always have bloody fluid running out of the anal sphincter as well.
Yeah yeah,they're messy looking ,but some aren't ....

It makes for a very interesting conundrum .

Miss me?

#11    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

This must be one of the most surreal threads I have seen on off-topic.

What's next? Vampires having a wee?

Only joking because I like discussing the bodily functions of zombies.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#12    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Sure they do, but we just don't see it because they don't have the same stigma's about it like living people do.
I'd think it would be like horses in a parade and their clothes are basically their own personal diaper.
Kinda funny if you think about it people would crap their pants if they really saw a zombie and zombies might be crapping their pants while they chase you.

Just be glad zombies don't have a set pants off time like some people do :)

#13    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,290 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

They poop on themselves as they walk down the street but they are too zombied out to smell it or respond to it. The humans are too focused on screaming and barricading themselves in to mention it either...

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#14    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Zombies play with their food, but never actually eat it.
Their rotting internal organs make digestion impossible.

#15    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

There's also a theory in a recent zombie book that the virus that reanimates the dead reproduces (somehow) in the uninfected flesh that the zombies 'consume', then these 'newly born' viruses replace the old ones in the zombies actual body, which is why they decay, but not as quickly as a actual dead body.

Posted Image

~MEH~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users