Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Curse of Tutankhamun may have been work of

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Godzilla52670

Godzilla52670

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

ugh...one more overused security-blanket statement "Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary evidence." from the over-rated yet very trendy Carl Sagan/Philip Klass Cabin-Boys...and that is coming from a cynical realist who has seen stranger things than this article.  also murder or ritual killing is not extraordinary...it is just death.

#17    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,637 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

I've always thought that extraordinary claims needed convincing evidence.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#18    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,575 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

View PostGodzilla52670, on 22 December 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

ugh...one more overused security-blanket statement "Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary evidence." from the over-rated yet very trendy Carl Sagan/Philip Klass Cabin-Boys...and that is coming from a cynical realist who has seen stranger things than this article.  also murder or ritual killing is not extraordinary...it is just death.

Extraordinary claims do require extraordinary evidence. Ask any experimental physicist. If you demonstrate something out of the ordinary, it will be scrutinized to a level of detail that requires extraordinary evidence. There is nothing extraordinary in that (pun intended). It's a fact of life, deal with it.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#19    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

A little off topic but ozzy wrote a cool song about  Crowley  the name of the song is
Mr  Crowley

#20    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,718 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:26 AM

Pretty interesting stuff.

Edited by The Puzzler, 25 December 2011 - 07:27 AM.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users